Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Annie was here
Msg: 141
Women with only guy friendsPage 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Women who only have men friends are insecure about being around other women.They don't think they measure up to their female friends so being around all men is easier for them.It's also a bit of an ego boost for them being the only female in the group.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 142
Women with only guy friends
Posted: 10/17/2010 9:05:27 AM
Actually I have had more men friends but not ONLY. I just don't have any interest in talking non-stop regarding a female friends children. Most women who reproduce don't have a life. There are only 2 exceptions that I know of my sister's friend and a beautician I still go to. I also don't like the prissiness of females, they don't like bugs, spider and the outdoors gross them out, its like their sh*t doesn't stink. It gets pretty old there.
 TexasNightOwl
Msg: 143
Posted: 10/17/2010 11:38:04 AM
Have any of you guys dated women who had ONLY guy friends? I wonder how those relationships went and whether you were able to deal with the fact that she would hang out only with guys.

My ex-wife and my last ex-girlfriend -- both still my friends, with the latter staying at my house almost every other weekend -- have mainly guy friends. During the 22+ years I was with my ex-wife she had only one girl friend. Both ex's gave the reason that women are selfish, backstabbing, b*tches. I didn't have a problem with it because all of their friends were married or living with someone. I might (would) have felt different if their friends had been single guys. Now that I am single, most of my friends are female...I will add drama to the list of characteristics. I definetely agree with @XoticDeeva above. But I kind of like it because life is never boring, and cat fights are a plenty.
 _Icon_
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/17/2010 12:02:55 PM
I don't trust women who don't like women.

Stay away from me.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/17/2010 2:12:44 PM
I just dont understand why a woman who has all the same intrests as guys, hangs around nothing but guys, gets along better with guys, who seem to be single for a long time.

If you have a number of guys who want to be your friend, but yet dont want to be with romantic?...

sorry, I just dont get it....
 My I
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/17/2010 2:16:39 PM

Women who only have men friends are insecure about being around other women.They don't think they measure up to their female friends so being around all men is easier for them

Generally speaking you may be right. I know a couple women who mostly associate with men because of the cattiness females have amongst themselves. Some people want little to do with the cattiness and the jealousy issues women have among themselves, especially when other men are around.

As a male, I shy away from associating with many married men because many of them have issues with me being single and they're not. These guys are always slinging cheap shots... this seems to be a very common trait when comparing married to single people, especially if you are the same gender.

If she acts immature and laughs a lot (excessively), I link that as being her anti-depressant
 Annie was here
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/17/2010 4:31:36 PM
women are selfish, backstabbing, b*tches.

my friends are female...

I don't know what is more sad about you.The fact that due to a couple of bad experiences you generalize about an entire group of people or that you consider your "friends" to be selfish,backstabbing beyotches.

I know a couple women who mostly associate with men because of the cattiness females have amongst themselves. Some people want little to do with the cattiness and the jealousy issues women have among themselves, especially when other men are around.

Maybe your friends should stop associating with petty individuals? Stop generalizing about an entire gender based on your friends who are obviously insecure women.None of my friends are catty or jealous of each other.There certainly is no jealousy in regards to men among any of the women I know.

E_keys
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/17/2010 9:01:23 PM
This thread was revived with a specific question (#208):

I know she chats with some of them practically everyday, and I know some have texted her and have said how they love her and wish she loved them back. She always tells me how she loves attention and wants eveyone to look at her and think shes hot. She is older now has issues with that.
When Ive questioned her about these men she always says their just friends and totally denies anything else is going on. Should I believe her? these few instances seem very shady. But I have seen proof that these man want more than just friendship, maybe she doesnt want that, but why would she still remain friends with them? Is it just for the attention?

Sounds like she told you truths, she likes the attention and the sexual tension. I have a buddy who made other feelings clear to me, and when I told my BF I found that flattering, he grinned and said well heck why wouldn't I?

You should be asking yourself, what deal do you have with her, and can you accept it. She seems to have informed you that her autonomy is more important than your desire for a real relationship. She doesn't give you permission to care too much about what's up with her.
 cinsav
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/17/2010 9:08:29 PM

Have you any of you guys dated women who had ONLY guy friends? I wonder how those relationships went and whether you were able to deal with the fact that she would hang out only with guys.

NEVER, EVER waste your time dating a woman with nothing but guy friends - or women who have more "guy friends" than female friends.

The same applies to you women too (guys who have more "female friends" than male).

First and foremost, again as I've said a billion times, men and women can rarely ever be "just friends." 9 times out of 10, one or other wants more than just friendship and is simply waiting for the right time to 'strike.'

When you get involved with a girl who has nothing but guy friends... wow... bad news. First, you have to realize that she's addicted to the attention. Do you really think she doesn't know that the majority of her supposed friends wouldn't pounce at the chance at nailing her? Really? Is there really anyone that naive? Of course she's aware of it - and she feeds on it.

Anyway, I'm too tired to carry on - avoid it - at ALL costs. She isn't worth it.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/18/2010 4:39:34 AM
Before my ex, I would have said yes.

But having gone through it, I now say NO. The reason, most of her guy friends were actually just trying to hook up with her, or in 1 case, he was in love with her, and pretty much the whole time we dated, he was behind the curtains, trying to win her over.

Personal experience only here, often times the lines get pretty damn blurry in male/female friendships. I found out she used to have cuddle fests, sleep overs, and naps with guy friends...(same bed) obviously your mileage may vary, but from what i've seen usually the women who have more guy friends then girlfriends, is because
- they are hot and guys flock to them, and stick around hoping for either a drunken night or a relationship.
- they crave/want attention from people and its easier to get from men then women.
- when they are single its easier for them to get the feelings/satisfaction they would get from a bf, like cuddling, and nice words, and stuff like that, while also getting stuff bought for them on nights out.
- they are huge flirts
- Women generally won't put up with their bullshit and high maintenance.
 My I
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/18/2010 9:13:22 AM

Maybe your friends should stop associating with petty individuals? Stop generalizing about an entire gender based on your friends who are obviously insecure women

^^^Actually, your behaviour and entire post is exactly what they (women I know) were referring to. It was an opinion these women formed based on their experiences. Your response proves their case quite well that opinions are OK as long as they are opinions that women, like you, approve of.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 152
Posted: 10/18/2010 9:55:07 AM

I don't trust women who don't like women.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yup

Jealous and insecure......egomaniacs ..Sorreee.

No man worth a nickle or that has half a brain will want her for much other than a banging.

I luv my giiiiiiiiirlfriends.

women are selfish, backstabbing, b*tches.

Really?

You pick your friends....
I pick people I admire and respect..
 RushLuv
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/18/2010 10:11:14 AM

Women who only have men friends are insecure about being around other women.They don't think they measure up to their female friends so being around all men is easier for them.It's also a bit of an ego boost for them being the only female in the group.

Where do people be pulling this nonsense from? Their asses? I only have ONE male friend, but if I decided to have only male friends then that would be my own choice and not because of insecurities and feeling inferior to other women.

Both ex's gave the reason that women are selfish, backstabbing, b*tches.

This is definitely an accurate reason as to why some women prefer male friends over female. I only have one male friend, and have enjoyed his company more than I have ever enjoyed the company of female friends. Guys seem to be easier to get along with, and there is less stress.

I have guy friends. I seem to get along better with men than women. It's a personal choice.

Proves the point further.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 154
Posted: 10/18/2010 10:30:25 AM

Women who only have men friends are insecure about being around other women.They don't think they measure up to their female friends so being around all men is easier for them.It's also a bit of an ego boost for them being the only female in the group

God if I didn't know better, I'd say you sounded jealous.
 cinsav
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/18/2010 2:36:41 PM
To RushLuv - one of my fav posters here.

I DO believe it is possible for men and women to truly be just friends - but I think it is very, very rare. I believe that 9 out of 10 guy "friends" want to do you. But, that leaves ONE who is genuinely interested in nothing but friendship.

Hell, I'll be the first to admit that of my "female friends" - as I am single - if given the opportunity to sleep with them. Hell yes I'd take it. Which is when I am in a relationship I do not put myself in situations where "something" could happen or perceived to have happened.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 156
Posted: 10/20/2010 5:51:55 AM
i wonder if this thread also applies to men who only or mostly have female friends like me. some of my friends' boyfriends think I get too close to their partners and that they are cheating on them. in fact, i might have actually killed a few of their relationships and friendships.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 157
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:09:43 AM

in fact, i might have actually killed a few of their relationships and friendships.

probably cause you want to bone some of your female friends....

just saying...eventually you have to look at the source of the problem...
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 158
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:54:44 AM
I don't have a problem with a woman I am dating having male friends as long as they accept the two of us as a couple and the woman is ok with me having female friends. It's all about whether both of you feel you have not comprimised the trust in the relationship with your opposite sex friendships and some people are more open minded than others. The one woman I have dated that had only male friends was very distrusting of any female who was even remotely friendly to me so there was too much of a double standard there for me for it to work.
 ladyc4
Msg: 159
Posted: 10/20/2010 1:47:01 PM
I look for BALANCE of friendships,where that is possible. I also look for men who don't have to have somebody trailing along with them every waking moment. I also look at the nature of the friendships.
Another poster made a comment about women who have reproduced don't have lives...guess what, Toots? They have GIVEN life, and that trumps just about any other thing going, in my books. Take that from a woman who remained childless sort of by choice and sort of by default, and does not regret it-but women who have chosen to birth and raise children do not deserve to be disrespected as "not having a life".
As for all the rest of it-again, each situation should be considered individually and in context. I'm sure that as many relationships with "tomboy" women/women with only guy friends fail as relationships with women who are part of a flock of hens. I seriously doubt that the predominant gender of someone's friends,in itself, is not a strong indicator of mental illness, personality disorder, or shoddy values.
Cindy O
 JustaNHguy
Msg: 160
Posted: 10/20/2010 3:38:01 PM
I think it really depends on the dynamic of the relationship and the friendships. I really don't think there's a wrong answer to the question. Some people think its okay to have opposite sex friends, some don't. People who like having opposite sex friends should date people who are okay with it, people who don't like it should date people who also don't. Thats how I see it, anyway.
 foreverstacey
Msg: 161
Posted: 10/20/2010 5:55:00 PM
I have mostly guy friends. It hasnt affeced anyone ive been with because theyve trusted me.. and I havent given them any reason to distrust me. I even introduced my ex to some of them.
 cenomeno
Msg: 162
Posted: 10/20/2010 5:59:16 PM
And I have only female friends. If it's ok, then ok with me too.....
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2010 5:10:38 PM
I grew up with older brothers, so am very comfortable with friendships with men, but I had plenty of opportunity to have female friends growing up (in school, etc.), so I think if a woman has only male friends, it's probably more than just about growing up with brothers. Having lots of male friends is great but the worrysome part is the absence of any female friends. Even if you don't like talking about girly girl stuff, there are plenty of tomboyish women around to connect to, so that doesn't really explain it either. And whether there are conversations about other things besides girly things completely depends upon the particular women involved. I talk about current events, social justice issues, scientific questions, mechanics, medicine, philosophy, etc. with the same girls who will talk about a pair of shoes for an entire conversation.

Friendships with women are deep, personal and rewarding (and yes, more difficult to maintain, but worth it). I think both men and women should have at least some women friends. If I met a man with absolutely no women friends, I'd probably wonder about that too.

Men's friendships seem easier - a guy will outright admit they think their friend is a jerk and that they wouldn't behave like their friend ever, and then still play poker with that friend every week and refer to him as a friend. It seems like you don't have to be a particularly good friend (whether you're male or female) to keep a few male friends around . If you can't keep at least one female friend around though, you might be missing something that other people (men and women) have. eg. for women, perhaps you don't appreciate people of your own gender and are somewhat misogynist (so how can you fully appreciate yourself), perhaps you have some sort of competitiveness and insecurity that is triggered when you are around other women, perhaps you are missing a certain level of sensitivity or empathy, perhaps you lack social skills and the only way you know how to interact is by using your sexuality, etc.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 164
Posted: 10/28/2010 5:25:37 PM

(xoticdeeva) All of my friends are males (not 2 say that I'm opposed 2 having a femme friend, I just get along w/guys alot better)... my guy friends are not petty, catty, full of "drama" or 2 faced, not 2 say ALL women r , I believe there's an honor/trust that should come w/friendships & I have yet 2 get that from any of the women I've met in the past, so guy friends tend 2 make better company 4 me so far, this should be no different than guys who only have or have a majority of female friends...

Drop the text speak. It makes you sound very unintelligent.

Dr. ES...
 citygal95
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/28/2010 7:44:26 PM
I don't think this should be a big deal. Some people largely hang out with their co-workers. Perhaps most of a woman's co-workers are male. Some women are interested in things that are in general more likely to appeal to men. Whether it's football or hunting or fixing cars etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends