Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Sexy Is Intelligence?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 76
Political Correctness??Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^

So the definition of "intelligence" on these boards is:

"people who think the same way as I do" ?

Who parrot the same thoughts back at me, act as a mirror of my own preconceived thoughts?

that's almost the opposite of real intelligent conversation/interaction to my way of thinking..

No, it's not "JUST" about physical attributes..

but it sure isn't "just" about mental/intellectual attributes, either..

Come on, how many of you women would give Stephen Hawking a fair chance?? (HONESTLY)

I think his IQ is around 190-200, but in a wheelchair..?

hmmmm..
 imsensual
Msg: 77
How Sexy Is Intelligence?
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:05:06 AM
buzzing---irresistible indeed
 buzzingbee
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:09:31 AM
What makes sense to my mind, I accept with bearing in mind that we all have different capacity for understanding, different ability for perceiving and also different ability for comprehending.
Yes, intelligence can be measured but why would I like to do that?! To prove something? To whom? To me?
What does not makes sense - turns into quest.

Excuses stem from varied sources and in my opinion they have a bit of hidden negative ingredients. Who tends to make many excuses does not make any steps forward.
Stagnation in any aspect of life is not appealing (to me).
To surrender? PoF existence gives answer to it.
As for 'aching limbs' - to enrich your mind & body too - one has to i.e climb the mountain and enjoy & absorb physically and mentally all what comes along.

I hope it makes sense.

buzz
 nyclipper
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:13:54 AM
hey buzzing bee...aching limbs?...explain
 nyclipper
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:15:13 AM
buzzing bee...i just read all your postings...my gosh...
 chameleonsdream
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Political Correctness??
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:20:54 AM
No, that's not my definition of intelligence. That was my reasoning for why the posts in this topic are overwhelmingly pro 'intelligence is sexy'. Mind you, I didn't say "Only intelligent people are posting." What I said is that people who believe that intelligence is sexy are the ones who are more likely to post. I made no value judgment about whether it was intelligent or not to think that way. I know and enjoy a LOT of very intelligent people who don't think the same way I do.

In fact, I don't think preference for one thing over another has anything to do with a person's intelligence at all. Getting turned on by red hair has nothing to do with how smart the guy getting turned on is, and honestly, neither does getting turned on by intelligent people.
 Lisa12345
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:25:12 AM
I'd prefer that they were my own level of intelligence otherwise i feel blonder than i already am
 imsensual
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:46:43 AM
perfect sense, and I agree with your point about stagnation...my uncle (who is in his late 70's) still says my aunt is the sexiest woman he knows, because evry day she says something that gives him pause to think, and because she knows him as well as he knows himself. I aspire to find that.
 schistoso
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:49:57 AM
I'm normally a pretty harsh ****, and only a guy with a startling intellect can put me in my place :D. I get really intimidated when I meet someone whose capacities surpass mine.
 chris_topher
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:27:36 AM
for me it's incredibly important in my attraction to a woman...i have kids to raise and teach...i want a partner...not another person to reer in life.
 JTF02
Msg: 86
Political Correctness??
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:29:34 AM
Phyneliquor, I want to say that Jessica Simpson has her moments when she does look hot. But I do not find her that attractive and she annoys the hell out of me on her show.
 :
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:10:36 AM
I find myself dull and absent minded, but I have gotten the "your so smart" thing from a few people before. I find emotional intelligence or cunning and wit to be the sexier things. Overall wisdom trumps reason when it comes to sexiness in my book.
 cancercarless
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:04:51 PM
It is an 11! Intelligence is the sexiest thing about a woman. Allthough I've had mind blowing sex with some not so "intelligent" girls. Different people are gifted in different ways and I tend to think that girls who aren't mensa material tend to be good sex material.
 luvssummer1751
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:15:46 PM
Bravo to Bella!
 chris_topher
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/11/2005 11:57:04 AM
How sexy is a lack of Intelligence?
 Chatpilot
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:21:06 PM
I can not be attracted to a woman who has no command of the english language. (written or verbal)

Local dialects and (god forbid) ebonics can make the most beautiful woman seem unattractive to me.

(shrug) To each his (or her) own.
 soulthing
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:28:57 PM
Intellegence? You better switch youre head of and let it go....love her, soul her, stick and heat her make her shake, blow her mind ......later you can think again
 soulthing
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:44:51 PM
.........let me ask you this what is sex and what is intellegence??
Is it something you can match? ....and how? ......you make it youreselfe may with tools? than you need youre head to do that job right and the result is kind of flat.

If you really want to love and respect someone than use youre soul, youre heart and youre body to do it. youre intellegence makes the money, pays the bills, repairs the gutter, makes you understand difficult words and so on.....
 buzzingbee
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:57:25 PM
@nycliipper

As for 'aching limbs', well, I have a friend whose perception of travelling and broaden horizon is totally different to mine. He travels by using the internet and is satisfied with it. I prefer to go & see places (climb mountains too and get a c h i n g l i m b s), get real taste of different cultures, customs in whatever small/big dosage. Yet, his intelligence is inspiring, irresistible and yes - sexy - too but in 'travelling department' we are completely different people.
Standing still is an effort.
Movement is painful.
Where there is no pain, there is no gain.
It is effort that hurts, we fight gravity to stand up, lying down is easy.

As for your other comment...*I just read all your postings...my gosh...* I find it inappropriate.

If you expressed yourself on topic it could bring greater clarity into this discussion.

buzz
 moundpuppy
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:10:28 PM
soulfood, I have to agree that it takes the soul, heart and body but it also takes a lady with some kind of intelligence for me to be around since I find that the lack of, a complete turn off. The intelligence is as well a part of the attraction to someone, that doesn't want a bimbo to share just a sex act with. If that were the case then all a guy would have to do is imagine a bimbo and find a knot hole in a log. and as some ladies have said they have bob. See I just feel that sex is not everything and I prefer a woman that can keep up with me mentally as well as physically. yes I also agree intelligence can make you money pay the bills and so forth but pure brawn will do the same. now we are in total agreement on the understanding of words with the mind capacity. now I have noticed that in this day and time there is a lack of imagination in a lot of younger people. It seems that they have to have everything laid out for them to be able to do anything. So that being the case I would prefer a woman with intelligence to be able to be creative at a time when i think would be a pure pleasure to be with her. I am by no means saying that someone with out intelligence can not be creative. when push comes to shove and the talking starts I just want someone on a equal level with myself. So to me personally intelligence is not only sexy but a must to make me keep interested both mentally and physically. But isn't it to each thier own in the way they feel. So that being said, "to me yes intelligence is damn well sexy in a partner".

Moundpuppy
 Monday In October
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:39:00 AM

On a scale of one to ten, how sexy is intelligence? Is it way up there on your list of turn-ons, or would you rather do a dumb-as-a-rock stud?

10, of course..
 somecutechick
Msg: 97
How ?
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:46:38 AM
Intelligence is super sexing.
 jimbobray
Msg: 98
How ?
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:52:14 AM
I think intelligence is one of the sexiest attributes a woman can have. I have dated a lot of very beautiful women and the ones that had no brain didn't last.

Any sexy beautiful woman with a brain can send me a message anytime.
 soulthing
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/12/2005 11:34:43 AM
heeey moundpuppy!!! Thanks for reply! I agree! Dump is totally boring!!! Most of the replys here mean Education and attitude and have no clou what intellegence is. Let me tell u this: I was with two African woman together, over years. They had 4 years shool so they learned read, write, count thats it. But wow!! they both were highly intellegent, smart and well acting they learn what they want to, they learn by goal and that, only that is intellegence. Sex is something you do, you use youre senses, youre body. It needs youre experience and youre attraction to this loveone after all you might like to talk but that is another story....
 bcbuck2001
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/13/2005 12:57:57 AM
well ladies if i can't baffle u with my intelligence, than i will dazzle u with my bullshit, and penetrate the pleasure center of your brain. where by u will lose all equinimity, as u feel the room spin, while engaged in the universal language of love.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Sexy Is Intelligence?