Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MelBabe
Msg: 28
view profile
History
How Sexy Is Intelligence?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I think it's looks/appearance which first draws you to the person, but their personality that keeps you coming back. I would much rather be with someone who has a good head on his shoulders, than someone with just good looks. Sure, you have to be attracted on all levels...but intelligence and the ability to carry on a conversation is something I look for.
 Passinthru
Msg: 31
How Sexy Is Intelligence?
Posted: 10/9/2005 8:52:14 PM
I need a woman who gives great MIND.....
 carribeanking7
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/9/2005 10:57:06 PM
Quote :On a scale of one to ten, how sexy is intelligence? Is it way up there on your list of turn-ons, or would you rather do a dumb-as-a-rock stud?

You mean,You've never met an intelligent stud ?
 :
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 2:12:34 AM
Gosh I wish I had something really profound to say at this point...
 yummywun
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/10/2005 6:22:13 AM
"intelligent" does not necessarily equate to "pedantic"..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 46
Political Correctness??
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:39:50 AM
For all the guys who seem to say "intelligent is sexy" ..

then WHY do so many guys (about, oh, 99.9%) love Paris Hilton & Jessica Simpson..?

Now, these ladies may actually BE quite intelligent..As they have certainly learned to milk media attention for money & fame..

But their "public persona" as MOST of us "know them" certainly doesn't reflect gargantuan IQ's...

Similarly for the ladies, many/most SAY they are all about intelligence, but I see how many get excited for Vin Diesel over Stephen Hawking.. (approaching 100%)

Vin may be smart, but he is not KNOWN for THAT! :)

I suspect that this is a "pitical correctness" thing..

the "right" thing to SAY is that you are attracted to intelligence & personality over all.. (words..)

BUT, watch most people's ACTIONS and they go ga-ga over dumb & hot!! :)

Many guys I know actually PREFER "dumb girls" because it makes THEM feel relatively 'smarter", they don't WANT a woman who knows more than they do..

Maybe the same applies to some women, they'd like to have a "dumb hunk" whom they can control & who would do their bidding, mindlessly.. ;)

(not me, of course..I love brains! ) :)
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:34:22 AM
^^^^

Yes, easy to say here because it's not an option..I wonder how many guys would actually turn Paris or Jessica away or "kick them out of their bed"..?

or how many ladies would turn the cold shoulder if Vin Diesel was interested in them..?

a bit like the dirt-poor guy who says: "yeah, I wouldn't WANT a Ferrari, anyway.."

LOL :)

Sort of easy/comforting to disdain that which you cannot have, anyway.. :)

That's often the reaction of those who can't have something or won't work for it..

The obese person: "No I wouldn't want a fit body..those fit people are stuck-up losers.."

The high-school dropout: "what good is that fancy edumacayshun anyway.."..

The poor: "All rich people are mean b***tards.."

etc., etc..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 53
Political Correctness??
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:57:08 AM
^^^^

So the definition of "intelligence" on these boards is:

"people who think the same way as I do" ?

Who parrot the same thoughts back at me, act as a mirror of my own preconceived thoughts?

that's almost the opposite of real intelligent conversation/interaction to my way of thinking..

No, it's not "JUST" about physical attributes..

but it sure isn't "just" about mental/intellectual attributes, either..

Come on, how many of you women would give Stephen Hawking a fair chance?? (HONESTLY)

I think his IQ is around 190-200, but in a wheelchair..?

hmmmm..
 nyclipper
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:13:54 AM
hey buzzing bee...aching limbs?...explain
 nyclipper
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:15:13 AM
buzzing bee...i just read all your postings...my gosh...
 :
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:10:36 AM
I find myself dull and absent minded, but I have gotten the "your so smart" thing from a few people before. I find emotional intelligence or cunning and wit to be the sexier things. Overall wisdom trumps reason when it comes to sexiness in my book.
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2005 10:38:57 PM
BIG BIG BIG TURN ON .... If a lady looks good and is intelligent I can get weak kneed !
 Nomdeplume
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:56:07 AM
If Intelligence is the prerequisite it would appear to be within this thread, then why the hell am I sooo lonely... (crys into cup of tea)... PhD, member of MENSA, wicked sence of humour, damn, it girls whats wrong with me... aha..maybe it is the minging photos...damn damn damn, what a bloody shame as kids we can not choose our own Gene pool...

Love to you all
Neil
 :
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 3:35:26 AM
To me it is all about someone who is emotionally and intellectually complete. Even if perhaps especially if, she don’t know how perfect she is; I find usually people are smart about something, even if it isn’t book smart, mostly our minds seem to have a purpose.

I find people who are smart in ways I am dumb to be very mysterious, mystery is always sexy. I like to learn, & I like to teach, having one or both those things in a girl helps a relationship last. I love dreamers, someone who has a curious and creative mind, someone who doesn’t believe what people tell her, someone suspicious, that is what I find sexy in a girls mind.

The mind is the most erogenous part of the body.
 namelessgrace
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:24:44 PM
I'm assuming that was a joke jrguitar? And if not, that was one of the saddest posts I've read here.
Intelligence, on either gender, is a beautiful thing. A mind that purrs along like a well oiled machine is like watching poetry in motion. Forget the 'hot' body, or whatever it was called, give me a hot brain!!
 namelessgrace
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:53:22 AM
Sorry jr...... I thought it was a joke, but then again, I've seen you say some pretty nasty stuff in other threads....soooooooooo. At any rate, glad to know you were just being a smarta**....it can be hard to tell sometimes when tone/voice can't be heard. I think anyone intelligent can be dangerous if they so choose...man or woman. It's up to us to be smart enough to filter those types out before we get into trouble ;
(have to say the 'felt rather proud of such a satirical post' made me laugh. go figure)
 :
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:55:08 PM
How sexy is stupidity?
 Gitxsan 58
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2005 10:54:48 AM
Just out of curiousty is there such a thing as toy boy smart. Always wondered why the nerds sat at their own table in school. but I do give a 10
 longhairrx
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:22:40 PM
Well, its been said before, the brain is the largest sex organ. Think about it, what percentage of your time is spent having sex with a mate? In most cases, you're gonna spend a whole lot more time talking than ****ing!! I like being with someone who is intelligent, who can challenge me, and believe me, intelligent women tend to be more creative in and out of the bedroom!! I understand if you don't find my jokes funny, but it just sucks when you don't get them at all!!
 innocentantic
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2007 9:53:03 AM
Intelligence is crucial. I have a hard time retaining a relationship with someone that never catches on to anything.
 Tarika
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:13:08 PM
Intelligence is number one on my hot list. My friends used to make fun of me because of some of my 'nerdy' boyfriends when I was younger. I have gone out with all types of guys, but the truest turn on for me were guys who were good looking and also nerdy.....oh ya...
 Verzen
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:42:39 PM
Intelligence is a big plus (10) for me. If the women can't keep up with what I have to say, then they really can't be with me... Idiots do kind of annoy me.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >