Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Sexy Is Intelligence?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tarika
Msg: 176
How Sexy Is Intelligence?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Intelligence is number one on my hot list. My friends used to make fun of me because of some of my 'nerdy' boyfriends when I was younger. I have gone out with all types of guys, but the truest turn on for me were guys who were good looking and also nerdy.....oh ya...
 Ninki
Msg: 177
How Sexy Is Intelligence?
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:16:12 PM
CuriousTheCat, bad spelling and grammar are a big pet peeve of mine, too. English is my second language and I think I've learned to speak and write it quite well, so I'd expect someone raised here (US or Canada) to write equally well. Being able to write eloquently is a big turn-on for me.

Ninki
 Arcturo
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:17:43 PM
i want to date a cabbage so i get no grief
 baileybird5
Msg: 179
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:21:47 PM
Intelligence is a 10 for me. A man has to stimulate my mind first before I'd even think about intimacy. I'm completely turned on by brainy, though not nerdy, men.
 outkissingtoads
Msg: 180
Posted: 2/13/2007 8:29:39 PM
LOL love it! Alis. Intelligence is The ONLY ONE! I don't care what a person looks like...Intelligence is my deal breaker. If you don't have a mind...and know how to use it...you wont know how to use my body. Yes, phsyciallly but my love runs deeper...than sense illusion.
 Scottish Warrior
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/13/2007 10:04:23 PM
Sexual intelligence is very sexy....
 ClassyCaveman
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2007 12:03:55 AM
I went on a date with someone from this site, and was disappointed in their looks. Didn't see it going anywhere when we first met. Conversation, however, was delightfully engaging. We dated until she moved away, six weeks later.... yeah ok so maybe dated is the wrong word. we screwed and had great conversations...

I think an intelligent person is more attracted to other intelligent people.

Any MENSA members out there from Calgary, give me a shout!
 BobbinAlong
Msg: 183
Posted: 2/15/2007 3:33:11 PM
Intelligence is THE sexiest thing a man can show me. The size of his brain is waaay more important to me than the size of his, uhm, feet. Second in importance would be a good sense of humor.

Intelligence and education should never be confused. Some of the smartest men I know don't have college degrees. Yet, I have dated rocket scientists (literally) who didn't have enough true intelligence to find their way out of a paper bag (well, without a pocket calculator anyway). Usually truly intelligent men are sensitive, realize that the gift is more important than the wrapping, and are considerate lovers and interested in the long haul rather than the short tour.

I can make exceptions for most things about a man, but I cannot abide stupidity!

Make me think, make me laugh, and I'll follow you anywhere!

`Bobbin
 wynnara
Msg: 184
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:12:50 PM
10, 10, 10, 10...
He may look like a sculpted grecian god... however if the lights are on but no one's home, there's just no way I'd be interested.

Intelligence, wit and personality comes first... the physical stuff is just gravy, in my opinion.
 nicebluiz
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2007 6:01:27 PM
Scale of 1 to 10? Try 12, LOL. Seriously, an early poster on here said it very well. Intelligent people (women from my viewpoint) tend to have better senses of humor, express themselves better, and tend to be more creative in the bedroom. They also have more interests out of the bedroom. That's why an intelligence rates so high on my list---I don't need to give her an aptitude test to see intelligence, it's self-evident both in and out of the bedroom.

Hooray for intelligent women!
 couplessharing
Msg: 186
Posted: 2/15/2007 6:12:36 PM
To me intelligence means creativity and the more creative a lover, the more orgasms...not to mention the fact that they have a tendency to be great converstionalists, who wouldn't love more stimulation both in and out of the bedroom?

Jenni
 mysterious72
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:05:12 PM
intelligence is very sexy but only if the person also has equal amounts of compassion and modesty.
 GreatAttitude
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/26/2007 2:00:19 PM
If 10 is a brainiac who has no social skills then I would NOT call that sexy. But if he's very smart, challenges me and has a lot to say then I would call him intelligent and yes...sexy.
 Next Time Round
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/26/2007 2:16:33 PM
Well, first of all, I don't think being a rock stud and intelligence are mutually exclusive. A lot of them are classically trained musicians and they need an excellent grasp of history or politics or whatever to write their lyrics.

We could all become the equivalent of stud status (or hot chics) if we had the packaging and PR teams at our disposal.

Intelligence scores about an 8 with me and can be found in some of the least likely places if you're willing to look beyond what a person does for a living.

It also helps me if you bear in mind that most of the time if a person doesn't know anything about something it's because they've never had an interest in it...that too has nothing to do with intelligence IMO.
 crayonzz
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/26/2007 6:51:26 PM
How sexy is stupidity.?

I've known quite a few sexy nuke researchers and thier brilliance would have never put me off.
Most guys leave these genius girls alone because they, quite rightly, assume that these girls are not interested in them.

If the girls DO actually show any interest in them then it's a different story.

Actually , popularity is the biggest turn on forthe girls. Populsr sporting stars, and rock stars all have their groupie squds.
Genius researchers , do not.
 Doc Sage
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:07:42 PM
The most important sex organ is the mind.

Doc Sage
 Mensaman30
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:33:46 PM
I've read through this thread of posts and I've noticed something nobody's mentioned: why is it that when some people think of another being "intelligent" they assume that it leads to confrontation? I've read a few posts where people like intelligence, but add stipulations like:

- as long as he/she's not putting other people down
- I don't like being told what to think by someone else, or
- I don't want to be involved in debates with someone who thinks they're right all of the time

I suggest it might be a little stereotypical to think that intelligent people lack the social skills to keep things light, listen more than they talk, or seek to prove they're smarter than everyone else all the time. When I look for intelligence, I look for these things first! Being quick witted, a deep curiosity about other people and other things, and the knowledge that you never learn ANYTHING when you're talking...those are signs of intelligence to me. And by this criteria, I've found some of the smartest people I know are dynamic when they want to be, but often sit on the edge of a situation and...just know. I call it wisdom.

THE smartest (wisest) person I ever knew happened to be (as biased as my opinion is) my father. He gave me some advice in my cheeky youth that I'll never forget, and I'll share it here on a closing note:

"John, the one thing that'll make you smarter than everyone else isn't in those fancy books you read, those mind games you play, or those puzzles you do. It's common sense. Now put down that gas can or put out that cigarette, one of the two."
 Verzen
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:42:39 PM
Intelligence is a big plus (10) for me. If the women can't keep up with what I have to say, then they really can't be with me... Idiots do kind of annoy me.
 MY OH MY
Msg: 194
Posted: 12/26/2007 8:52:54 PM
Intelligence is really important and can create more interest in someone. But the word sexy...geez, I don't know that I can bring myself to say he is so smart it makes him sexy. It is his utilization of his intelligence that would make him sexy.
 meowgrrrr83
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/27/2007 12:27:49 AM
Intelligence----#10...even more important than physical attraction... which would be #8-9
 thatchickfromvan
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 1:42:02 AM
hmmm.. it's about the balance in the intelligence. Being analytically intelligent but socially impaired wouldn't do it for me, but I also couldn't be with someone who I had to "dumb down" for.

I would rather be with someone who was "full packaged" intellectually than "full packaged" physically. Granted, there would be some clauses in there, because there has to be some level of physical attraction. I DO think, however, that with time, sometimes certain people can become more sexually attractive in getting to know them because their essential person makes you (me?) stop seeing the "look" and see more of the person. I've dated way out of my physical type because the person in question was cerebrally attractive. That being said, I've turned down my physical type because there was nothing going on upstairs.
 echinacea1
Msg: 197
Posted: 12/27/2007 1:43:14 AM
For me..........intelligence and intelligent conversation is a turn on.
 zeesuezee
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/27/2007 1:56:51 AM
Intelligence for me is a must. After all, you have to be able to converse during the times between the sheets - and whilst the physical is great - the conversation takes up more time than the sex!!!

Zee
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Sexy Is Intelligence?