Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Helen0426
Msg: 72
The best excuse that you have used to exit early from a bad date.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

The only time I exited early was when the guy lied to me about not being married.

Same here - exactly! I find it hard to imagine needing an excuse. If one party just doesn't want to be there anymore, it's quite all right to say so to the other party. Gently, I hope, unless they have given some grave offense! But just being up-front about it is best all around IMO. Not least because, if you give an excuse and they believe it, they'll probably call you for another date!
 Egbert1021
Msg: 73
The best excuse that you have used to exit early from a bad date.
Posted: 1/26/2010 11:40:26 AM
I don't make any excuse or tell any lies to leave a bad meeting. This is why I stop meeting for meals for many reasons including you have to try to talk and eat at the same time...not pretty.lol. Meet for coffee or a drink is just fine. I just tell them that it's not working for me or I just don't feel any chemistry. I don't hurt their feelings, because it's chemistry and not them. I feel that being honest is the way to go... nothing to regret or remember.
Good luck and many blessings...
 freetime2bme
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2010 11:45:37 AM
I normally don't have to make anything up to get rid of a date if things are not going well. I can normally run a chick off just by being myself. You know hit on the waitress, ask her if her sister likes me too. Honesty is the best policy right? If they don't get mad about my hitting on the waitress or the sister inquiries (happens) they get a few points for that and the night just might turn around. Ether way it is going to get better or it is going to get over.
 Vagabond1975
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/26/2010 11:51:08 AM
.. why do people feel the need to make up excuses?

I don't understand this concept at all...

for the most part on this site all are adults...so act like it..
instead of making up excuses like children..

Ive been told that if you get BS-ed (that's what it is) the reason the BS-ser usually gives is that he or she didn't want to hurt someones feelings...

please.. who are you kidding..?

it's so disrespectfull... and I have to say in North America it's a very omniuos rage...

so as to topic.. no excuses..
if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen
 longhairbadass
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/26/2010 2:59:51 PM
I normally don't make excuses. Tell it like it is. But I did have one dinner date that I got so angry with I walked out mid meal. Her phone was ringing constantly, and she was running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. After 10 times she gave me a wierd look, and I asked what was going on. She replied she was a pot dealer and she was selling bags of weed to customers that called in the bathroom. I got up, excused myself, and walked out. Idiot.
 Sensibly Sweet
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/26/2010 8:21:31 PM
We're done here... give me a call when your single.

December/09
 girlfish30
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/26/2010 8:54:54 PM
No excuses. I just call it how it is. Being honest, but kind in your delivery seems to be very effective. Well unless they are a little off kilter in the brain...
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:43:01 PM
^^^ Ditto. Now the crazy ones...you have to be a little more creative (and firm) with them.
 Mikezt
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/28/2010 9:42:07 PM
This isn't quite the best excuse, but maybe my best response. I had a date with a Dr., at least she claimed to be a Dr. It took 3 attempts to connect, she got the time or place wrong. When we finally connected she said she had mis-scheduled and had only 20 minutes to talk. I said fine and we talked a bit. After about 20 min. she said she had to go, but took out a card with her number on it and told me to call her (I didn't ask for her number mind you). When I called her a couple of days later, she said she was shocked when she met me. I thought maybe my zipper was open. I asked what she was shocked about. She said I didn't know the name of the new Walt Disney Concert Hall. I don't remember her asking, but I said, isn't it called the Walt Disney Concert Hall? (confirmed by my guitar teacher). She said no and referred to it by some name in German (probably German for Walt Disney Concert Hall). She then said "I go there a lot so I don't think we'll be a good match". I responded with "but I know the names of all the good strip clubs in the Valley". She hung up.
 Mikezt
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:19:43 PM

Just cuz Gehry designed it doesn't mean that's what ya call it....you were right. (Great come back, btw.)

Thanks, sometimes you have to respond to silliness with silliness.
 forumfishie
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:39:15 PM
The best excuse ever was, my date's wife standing next to the table at the restaurant where we were eating dinner.
Just when he was saying to me "I can't understand guys who lie about being divorced or separated when they still married" Perfect timing, a woman stands next to our table and pours a half a glass of merlot on his head.
I got up and started to leave.
He said, you are not leaving now, are you?
I said, I don't want to get in the middle of anything here.
He said, don't use her as an excuse!!
She stood there, and started slapping him as I walked out as fast as I could.
 theystolemyname
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/29/2010 12:01:32 AM
"Well, I think we've set the record for worst date ever, and I'm no overachiever," (cue exit music).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >