Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AtheistScholar
Msg: 129
How to tell someone you have herpes?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
People with herpes need to go to herpes dating sites. It's beyond insane justify infecting healthy people for five minutes of selfish fun. If someone gave me a disease and KNEW they had it - I would straight up bury them, even for something that is considered a less "serious" disease such as herpes. I know I can't be alone in that feeling either...
 Stumbled In
Msg: 130
How to tell someone you have herpes?
Posted: 7/4/2011 8:23:44 AM

If someone gave me a disease and KNEW they had it

Therein lies the problem. Most people (70%-90% depending on which study) infected with Herpes have no clue they're infected. For the most part, it's a symptom free infection and the only way to find out is with a blood test which is not a part of a standard STD panel. You have to ask for it specifically. How many people do you know that do that? (asking for "everything" just won't cut it)
Keep in mind also that your risk of infection can be lower with someone who knows they're infected than it is with someone who assumes they're not infected because they have no symptoms.
Just something to think about.
 marita_b
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2011 12:35:20 PM
you all might want to know just what the disease is and how you can get infected,....
for example, most people find a cold sore on their mouth irritating , and somewhat painful what they don't know is that it can be contracted by someone having a cold sore on their lips and passing it on to their partner while having oral sex,...and there are things you need to know girls if you are pregnant and have genital herpes,....

You might have to have a Cesarean, even if you are not having an active outbreak,....

You also have to remember that someone who has this disease,....has it for life,....(So far)
and...you are infectious PRIOR to any signs and symptoms,.... or visible outbreak,.....

Therefore you have to consider yourself (those of you who have been diagnosed)don't guess at this,....verify,....as always contagious,.....better safe than someone else being sorry,....
 kdjfsdjflasdj
Msg: 132
Posted: 10/5/2011 8:06:49 PM
Just to let you know it is a federal crime to pass on an untreatable disease such as Herpes/HIV if the person that is infected is aware of their infection. You can go to prison for such a crime. Keep that in mind for the next time you decide to be a selfish prick.

This message is aimed at farkle1964
 Happy938
Msg: 133
Posted: 10/16/2011 2:38:14 PM
I usually don't reply on these forums but I felt I would make an exception in this case.I think people like YOU should be branded. This man was asking for help on a very real subject and made that ignorant a** comment. You seriously need to adjust your attitude.....because what goes around comes around.

To the guy asking about this....tell her asap!!! At least she will feel as if she has a choice
If you continue to neglect telling her...she may leave because you weren't upfront with her.

Anyways..I wish you luck!!!
 kdjfsdjflasdj
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/22/2011 1:19:38 AM
You need to read my post and see who my message was aimed at before you comment. Get informed if you want to participate silly girl.
 MuscleMermaid
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/22/2011 4:16:07 PM
It is not a federal crime for Herpes to be spread, HIV and AIDS, yes in some places.

I agree, there are selfish people out there who do not disclose information. And even more selfish people who are not tested for these STD's, since they actually need to be requested to be tested for and are NOT part of a regular STD panel.
 Stumbled In
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/24/2011 10:30:59 AM

You need to read my post and see who my message was aimed at before you comment.

Wasn't me that commented but it would be helpful if you'd just give us a Msg number instead of a screen name. Not many of us are going to look back at every message on an 8 page thread, in search of a screen name.
 Monroe Man
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/27/2011 1:52:34 PM
Since some of you are in California :

Any person afflicted with a communicable or contagious disease who willfully exposes another is guilty of a misdemeanor

Any person who knows s/he has HIV and exposes another by having unprotected sex without disclosing his or her HIV status and has intent to infect another person is guilty of a felony

A person with HIV who is convicted of another sexual offense may face an enhanced sentence.

And here is my source of information:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/crime-penalties/std-transmission-laws.htm

Also..... how many of you knew that shingles and chicken pox are in the same category as herpes?

I think the KEY words here are "intentional" and "willfully". Let your conscience be your guide.
 Happy938
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:55:13 PM
First of all....BLONDE3645...it was in fact NOT directed at you . After I posted it I realized I didn't put the person it was posted to so that's that. EXCUSE me...I made a mistake I am human after all!!

Second, There isn't anything about me silly...except when I want to be!!!
*I made sure to amend that so it would be known precisely to whom I am responding this time*
 Agallah005
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/16/2011 6:25:23 PM
that means you're about to get it soon, schistoso!!!
 kailania
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/17/2011 5:39:36 AM
tell her right away, second date.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:59:59 AM
Tell me first date.

I have had everything else spilled on a first date by quite a few men.

I am sure women do it too.

"I am in AA", "I was in a mental institution."
"I gave up coke 4 years ago"" I spent 3 years in prison/jail"
"My momma just died and I get the house."
" My family and I hate each other" " I am bankrupt"
"Here is my bank statement I make xxxxxx a year" "My ex was a whore."
"I'm crazy" " I like to have a woman**** me sideways 3 times a day"
" I live on my cell phone" "I have this and that disease/ailment/organ failure"
"I'm not really 50" " I lost my job, this is my mothers car"
"I'm really separated and living on my wife's father land in a pull around and he is my boss"

WHY NOT something you could pass to another person and effect them for the rest of their life?

Now that was just some of the extreme things I have been told.

HonesTee2283
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/31/2011 3:33:50 AM
Meeting on a dating website: I personally think that telling a person about any positive status should be done prior to getting to know and dating the person. Then that gives them the chance to make an informed choice if it is something that may be new to them, or if they are negative status. Then that way there is no "bombshell" to drop on them.

Meeting in person/social setting: The same applies from above.

Its a law in most states that you have to inform a negative status person of a positive, communicable std otherwise they can sue, or press charges for sexual assault. So why not just be honest upfront and then that way there is no worry on your part! If they decide to roll with you then they can get the info and be safe. If not, there are Plenty of Fish in the sea! : )
 Knight_Mark
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:31:48 PM
"How to tell someone you have herpes?"

Tell them that you "take a daily dose of Valtrex" that's a bit lighter than using the stigmatized "H" word.

I think you have to keep in mind how you felt when you discovered you had Herpes. Would you have preferred to know about the risk ahead of time yourself?

I've had HSV2 for more than 20 years so I can relate and to that I posted "Herpes" and "HSV2" under interests in my profile.

It's a medical condition that you're forced to live with for the rest of your life.

Good luck!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2012 3:10:21 AM
HOW?
Sit them down and tell them.

Let them do their own research and decide if they want to take a chance on contracting it.

even though its not that serious of an issue that many people never even bring it up, which is obviously how I got it, lol...

If I didn't care about the girl I probably would just be safe and not tell her (sounds harsh but that's what happens) but this is someone I could see a future with, so I would want to come clean before we got intimate so... help me out here people.

^^^^^^Not serious?
How do you know it won't be for them? Compromised immune systems, another virus ect.
You are irresponsible to say the least.

You need to tell anyone you swap any body fluids with or touch intimately PERIOD..
 Waterl
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:36:49 PM
Anyone you have sex with whether you like them a little or a lot has a right to know that you have herpes, it's so wrong not to tell them.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:30:53 AM
Yikes, some scary information circulating on this thread,lol...

About 70-90% of individuals have the herpes virus,lol...

If you have had a cold sore, or chicken pox, than you do, as they are from the same virus family as herpes...

So yes, go and tell each other you have them, lol, odds are you both do...
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:06:27 PM
^^^^^^^Never had a cold sore and want to know if someone I swap spit with does.

You can catch cold sores that will blister on your face but you won't catch the chicken pox and have an outbreak if you have had them.

Same family?

Not the same thing.

I went to high school with a girl who was related to PEE WEE GASKINS, but she wasn't going to shoot me in the head and bury me in the woods in Prospect.
 SleekProw
Msg: 148
Posted: 11/13/2012 5:12:08 PM
The virus can live in your body undetected for years. In women,it can live in the uterus and you are only contagious when cells are shed through the cervix.Apparently ( according to my doctor) the longer,youve had it,the smaller your first out break.Mine was the size of my pinky fingernail! The guy I was seeing last year came back with a neg.test result but the guy I was seeing this summer had an outbreak....how many people have I unknowingly infected? I feel like hell,but,I just didnt know!
 LilBit2424
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/11/2013 9:07:54 PM
I know someone that has it and you live with sexual herpes for the rest of your life .
It's not a game if you don't tell this girl and she gets it you can go to jail and get attempted murder .
It's nothing to play around with it but I have another friend tht is in the medical field and high class to low class ppl can get it so its nothing to play with
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 150
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:02:07 PM
So if you just wanted to have sex with her with no strings attached, you would not tell her? Wow, you are a jerk. You need to tell EVERYONE that you have it. And respect their decision no matter what. Herpes is not life threatening, but it can change a persons life. You need to tell her!
 Nuttshell
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:53:31 AM
"It's not a game if you don't tell this girl and she gets it you can go to jail and get attempted murder ."

Herpes is not even a disease that needs to be reported! Chlamydia and Gonorrhea need to be reported to Public Health Departments whiles Herpes does not. What does this say about the significance of Herpes versus other STDs?!?!
To say that you can go to jail and get charged with attempted murder is false and irresponsible.
 Skyr
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 5:38:56 PM
Neither does HPV (Human Papilloma Virus), yet it causes cervical and other mucosal cancers.

Humans are infected by any number of viruses throughout our lifetimes, many of which remain latent in our DNA or our bodies. Get chickenpox and the virus goes dormant in nerve roots after the acute infection (to reactivate years later as shingles).

It is extremely uncommon to die or have a life threatening complication from HSV infection, so to compare it to HIV is ridiculous.
 Albvs
Msg: 153
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:58:25 PM

Write them a Valentine's Day card:

roses are red
violets are blue
i have herpes
and now you do, too

Happy Valentine's Day!

:lol: