Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LilBit2424
Msg: 149
How to tell someone you have herpes?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I know someone that has it and you live with sexual herpes for the rest of your life .
It's not a game if you don't tell this girl and she gets it you can go to jail and get attempted murder .
It's nothing to play around with it but I have another friend tht is in the medical field and high class to low class ppl can get it so its nothing to play with
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 150
How to tell someone you have herpes?
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:02:07 PM
So if you just wanted to have sex with her with no strings attached, you would not tell her? Wow, you are a jerk. You need to tell EVERYONE that you have it. And respect their decision no matter what. Herpes is not life threatening, but it can change a persons life. You need to tell her!
 Nuttshell
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:53:31 AM
"It's not a game if you don't tell this girl and she gets it you can go to jail and get attempted murder ."

Herpes is not even a disease that needs to be reported! Chlamydia and Gonorrhea need to be reported to Public Health Departments whiles Herpes does not. What does this say about the significance of Herpes versus other STDs?!?!
To say that you can go to jail and get charged with attempted murder is false and irresponsible.
 Skyr
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 5:38:56 PM
Neither does HPV (Human Papilloma Virus), yet it causes cervical and other mucosal cancers.

Humans are infected by any number of viruses throughout our lifetimes, many of which remain latent in our DNA or our bodies. Get chickenpox and the virus goes dormant in nerve roots after the acute infection (to reactivate years later as shingles).

It is extremely uncommon to die or have a life threatening complication from HSV infection, so to compare it to HIV is ridiculous.
 Albvs
Msg: 153
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:58:25 PM

Write them a Valentine's Day card:

roses are red
violets are blue
i have herpes
and now you do, too

Happy Valentine's Day!

:lol:
 Skyr
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:20:48 PM
Posted By: funnygirl_13 on 2/24/2013 5:54:28 AM

Your claim that HPV *causes* cancer is a misnomer. The odds of developing cancer as a result of an HPV infection are remote, particlarly in first-world countries. There are several strains of HPV, very few of which *have the potential* to lead to cancer of the cervix, vulva, vagina, penis, oropharynx or anus. Lesions / other noticeable irregularities would usually have to be left untreated in a patient for a long time before cancer had a chance to develop.

Why? Because there is a Nobel prize in medicine (2008) which is all about HPV as the cause of cervical cancer. And the award for Australian of the year 2006 went to Ian Frazer at the University of Queensland for his role the development of the HPV vaccine.

It's the aetiological agent in almost all cervical cancers, and cells undergo various metaplastic changes before they become cancerous (the whole point of cervical screening). I never said all HPV infections, or all strains of HPV, result in cervical cancer.

Not sure what you're trying to argue here? What exactly is 'inaccurate' about what I said?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 1:24:45 AM

Were you not suggesting that failing to notify a sexual partner that you have HPV is just as immoral as neglecting to say you have HSV2?

^^^^^^^^
If he isn't I will.

Just in men..HPV can cause life altering health risks and even death
Lets review:

Genital Warts

These can appear as flesh-colored growths on the penis, testicles, groin or anal area. They can be raised, flat or cauliflower-shaped. Warts can be treated with topical medicine or frozen off but they often return. Warts may clear on their own, but they may also become larger or begin spreading over the skin surface. There are over 100 types of HPV; the types that cause genital warts usually do not cause cancer but it is possible to become infected with more than one type at a time.

Anal Cancer

A few specific types of HPV are implicated as the leading cause of anal cancer but this isn't known for sure. Anal cancer is more likely to occur in men who engage in receptive anal intercourse but both anal HPV and anal cancer can occur in men who have never engaged in this activity. HPV can be spread to your partner's anus if you have warts or other HPV types on your penis or in your mouth and you perform insertive anal intercourse or oral-to-anal sexual activities.

Penile Cancer

Penile cancer, like anal cancer, is widely attributed to specific types of HPV. While rare Penile cancer affects approximately 7,000 men annually worldwide.
I sure wouldn't want it.

Throat Cancer

Throat cancer has had a dramatic increase in recent years. HPV can be spread from the anus/genital areas to the mouth and throat (and vice versa) from oral sex. HPV can lead to tumors of the throat, tonsils and tongue.
Oral sex is NOT safe sex unprotected.

^^^^^I would say its freaking outrageously immoral and irresponsible to not know IF you have it and are sexually active then not inform any potential partner so they can weigh the risks.
 Skyr
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 7:53:55 AM
Posted By: funnygirl_13 on 2/24/2013 5:07:00 PM

Were you not suggesting that failing to notify a sexual partner that you have HPV is just as immoral as neglecting to say you have HSV2? Most of my post addressed this point.

I didn't quote what I was replying to, but it was about public health notification, not anything to do with morality or immorality.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 157
Posted: 2/26/2013 2:28:36 PM
How did this topic change to HPV? I thought this is a thread about herpes? Everyone has HPV unless if you are a virgin. Most strains are not harmful and do nothing to your body. The only ones that are bad, are the cancer causing ones or the ones that give you warts. So in reality, everyone has HPV.
 cheaterj
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/3/2013 8:21:39 AM
Unless someone on this forum is actually a qualified professional working for the centre for disease control, I think that it should be left up to the individual to determine which information regarding the severity and likelihood of getting any STD and should govern themselves accordingly.

That said, I think that any person that KNOWS they have any STD (curable or not), has an obligation to inform their partner Before any activity that could allow that partner to get it so they can make the decision to proceed themself based on whatever information they believe to be true.

I also believe that all sexual active people should get STD testing on a regular basis and ensure that those tests include everything that can be tested for (ie where I live, you must specifically ask for herpes blood test and pay extra to have to it done). This will ensure that everyone will KNOW everything that is possible to know regarding their current STD status.

No, it's not foolproof but it's better than what is currently going on in this world.
 geekymister
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/3/2013 12:46:24 PM
I don't know how I'd go about it. That sucks. I'd probably just go to the dating website with herpes infected people. It'd be easier that way.
 geekymister
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/3/2013 12:47:52 PM

How did this topic change to HPV? I thought this is a thread about herpes? Everyone has HPV unless if you are a virgin. Most strains are not harmful and do nothing to your body. The only ones that are bad, are the cancer causing ones or the ones that give you warts. So in reality, everyone has HPV.

wth? not me!
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:17:22 PM
LMAO like you would know. Are you a virgin? There is no way to find out if you do or not, you are a man. How about doing a little researching on it, before you make assumptions. You need to educate yourself on sex a little more.
 geekymister
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/4/2013 11:19:24 PM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17327523

It says there is a 26.8% prevalence of HPV in the US among women ages 14-59. Am I missing something here? I was expecting a higher prevalence, as you made it seem. I also thought they cleared from the body after 2 years or so.

I'm also pretty sure I don't have the herpes virus that causes cold sores that 80% of the population has.
 timeforall
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:36:42 PM
All I know for sure is this. That exposure to HPV decades ago could result in head and neck cancers in the present. Herpes, as I understand it, is harmless except for Herpes 6.0 which also can result in cancer, and for the most part burns itself out with time. Exposure to Medical radiology tests, like CT scans, or Nuclear heart scans, can result in future cancers. Eating too much fat when younger can result in heart disease when older. Some bacterial STDs, like Syphilis (spelling?) are becoming completely resistant to treatment today. Hepatitis C can be spread by sex. A mosquito bite can result in Lyme disease. Gosh knows what exposures we have had in the past may result in M.S., but I hear Sexual infection with a virus may be a cause. I guess the point is that we are all walking , living carriers of disease and anytime you have sex with another person you are taking your chances. Herpes is the least of our many problems and things we can catch from other people. Just be careful out there and if you can be monogamous, that is the way to go.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/6/2013 11:44:35 PM
There are over 100 strains of HPV, you think you don't have one single strain of it? Not all of them cause cancer or warts. Only a small percentage does. You should do more reading. And head and neck cancer from HPV is possible, but rare.
 chocolategirl8
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/25/2013 6:59:07 AM
Tell her before you engage in any sexual activity like kissing, sex etc it's horrible having someone not tell you because you start to feel like they are liars especially if the topic of std comes up, and you don't mention it.
Don't let someone feel like you are deceiving them tell them even on the first date of she still sees you means she doesn't mind it, and also make sure you are on proper medication does help dating better. Also educating the person about it is a must I don't have it, but I dated a guy who did, and that guy didn't even tell me for a while. I got so mad I dumped him right away.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >