Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do woman/girls like older men??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 26
Why do woman/girls like older men?? Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
come on.. I was young once, only one way that young women go for old men.. and that is if they've had a ball lift.. smooth wrinkleless oversized marbles, works even if the snupalupagus can't keep air..
When I was young .. no way, no how to an old goat looking at me sideways..even now .. no sideways stuff ..
come on.. these young women are entitled little twinks... or abused .. THEY ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL AND IT IS ABOUT MONEY.. .. for the guy ego.. and awe ..for the idiotic youngster a daddy complex.. seriously

and oh yeah.. flaccid flanks. because women are visual creatures too and as long as he can't boink and can hand over some walmart gift certificates in exchange for making his life meaningless inane and miserable except for perkier titties and a tickle me elmo.. come on.. what in frig would a young woman want with an old guy.. hell I'm old and I can only tolerate a few of em,..course not all at once.. hah.. aw..fun fun fun..
 larissan04
Msg: 27
Why do woman/girls like older men??
Posted: 1/2/2013 4:22:04 PM
10 years is not a big age difference. if the woman is 15 and the guy is 25, then yeah, developmentally there is an issue, but if you are talking about a 40 year old dating a 50 year old, it is not a big deal. I think 20 year age difference between a man is definitely "older," but 10 to 15 is not a big deal. My ideal is a 10 to 15 year age difference, the man being older, of course. I would never waste my time dating a younger man. women who do that are investing time in a man that will leave them.
 juliettes7
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/2/2013 4:45:42 PM
Some like being dominated. Ime, older men are "authoritative" in ways I don't prefer. I don't mind anyone that knows more than me, but I don't need for them to be in charge, preferring an equal relationship. I dated a few years younger men and a couple hated I had more experience in a couple areas. I'd only go 5 years older if he was youthful but only if he knew how not to be dom, as that irks me, or acting like my dad or uncle. I find slightly younger men don't have the tendency to tell me how to do things and if they did I wouldn't be interested.
 freshstartbraveheart
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/2/2013 5:22:00 PM
I used to date people that were older than me, thinking that they'd be more mature than men closer to my age. I learned the hard way that this is not always the case. I'll still consider an older man but will be more open-minded about dating men closer to my age and the next time a man that is nearly ten years my senior, tells me that I'm more mature than he is, I'm going to run for the hillside. I don't want to be more mature or less than the person I'm with. That sets up a parent-child dynamic and I don't fancy the idea of dating someone father or child-like to me; just someone equally matched.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/2/2013 5:28:50 PM
Definitely would also not count myself in that survey, either.I've always dated men that were close to my age or usually a couple years younger. As I've grown older, I find myself attracted to men about 5 years younger. .not interested in ones that are too much older, because the attraction usually isn't there.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/2/2013 5:46:34 PM
In my 20's I dated men 5-10 years older because boys my age were impossibly immature.
 wo12345
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:01:14 PM
Just the way it is, if you look at most internet profiles a womans age pref. (especially 20's/30's) goes down from her age about 2-3 years but goes up higher (in some cases even 10 years)..After a certain point in age women start to date younger, as you can see by some of the responses of some of the older ladies on here.
 SmileznChuckles
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:05:51 PM
Agreed Blastkist...
I prefer younger men
The list presented by Devil's Advocate is more of wishful thinking than accurate
 AquaLinda
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:56:42 PM
If older men were not just after sex like men my age or younger, I might consider them if they are hot. But if I'm only getting sex out of the deal, I'll go with younger (even MUCH younger and ripped) guys any day of the week.
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:14:30 PM
they like money,security and great sex. this is why
 rockondon
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:25:34 PM
Because we're immature. A decade or so evens out the playing field maturity-wise.
 John255317
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:44:00 PM
I find women my age are "old", like they have given up.....Not all of course but many.
 somekinda_wonderful
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 10:47:00 PM
I thought an 11 year difference was too much, but fell in love with him, and grew to appreciate his greater experience, maturity, and self assurance, that men my age seemed to have :)
 casexia
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/2/2013 10:47:07 PM
seems a lot of women have the illusion that older are more mature but usually its just about attraction and security. i have met just as many women who gave up on older men as those who gave up on younger men. there are many 30 or 40 year olds who didnt seem to grow out of their twenties. it's kind of like saying they dont date young guys due to immaturity and go after charlie sheen. i like women my age. if i feel that a child is as mature as me then i would have serious maturity issues. i never bought the pop psychology that says women are so much more mature than men because i havent seen much difference. mature people in general just seem harder to come by these days male or female and rate of maturity can be circumstancial to a persons environment
 buckintenn
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:55:48 AM
I think normally it's one of two reasons...

1) Daddy issues
or
2) They are at a heightened maturity level for their age and are more in tune with an older person who has more similarities in thought level.
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:49:53 PM
I can't speak for all women, but I prefer older guys because I find them more attractive, they know how to treat a lady like a lady, they display chilvary, and most of them already have been married or in serious relationships, so they have more knowledge in regards to women and just except them knowing all our crazy, ****y attitudes. Besides most older men already know their way around the vagina....they seem to really enjoy pleasing the woman more...hell that's a deal I can't refuse...
 Brandywine2012
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/3/2013 6:00:24 PM
hmmmmm i don't date older than me... won't happen!
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/3/2013 6:03:25 PM
Most women want to grow up so fast, and relate maturity to-age-to who they are dating, then they have a realization, and start dating younger men,lol...
 RavenLee72
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/3/2013 6:17:43 PM
Money, stability, experience. I prefer younger men or my age. They seem to fit my personality, relax more, outgoing and rock the bed :)
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:08:54 PM
Us older men, much like a cut of prime aged beef are more satisfying to the palate. We're neither stringy or tough and there's no need for tenderization.
 Bobby1117
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:41:22 PM
Because older men are mature, We don't cheat, we don't hit them, we don't drink until we puke.... We are simply better lovers as well.
 Photo_Girl870
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:49:51 PM
I have found from my own personal experience that I click with older guys on a better mental level than with guys my own age. This is just my experience though.
 Traumerin
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:06:06 PM
Bobby1117 - older men don't cheat?? Better in bed?? Not in my experience. ALL older men or men my age that I have been with lied and cheated on me and were not all that great in bed either. The young ones on the other hand (early 20s) have all been VERY eager to please, were always upfront and honest, were more romantic and attentive, had much more stamina and passion in the bedroom and would actually try to get me off while the older ones just cared about their big O, not mine. Very easy choice for the future. Since I don't need a man to pay my bills, I will likely not date older men any more and go for the young ones.
 Livingthegoodlfe
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:24:36 PM
Its all about chemistry... Ive dated girls 15 years older than me and Ive dated girls 10 years younger.... Age doesnt mean anything if the chem is right IMHO
 cashleys
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:57:21 PM
Younger women date older men for a few reasons : Usually for financial reasons and security. They dont' have to go through the crazy time of young men finding their way and hard times when they dont' have homes, cars, wealth and stability. When they go older the older man has much more to offer at that time than a younger man would.

Younger men date older woman for these reasons: Usually because they aren't ready to settle down with anyone, still playing around, think they will learn something,don't want children yet and it's all about sex without committment or having their choice taken away with a younger woman getting pregnant by suprise or ambush.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do woman/girls like older men??