Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do woman/girls like older men??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Why do woman/girls like older men?? Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Us older men, much like a cut of prime aged beef are more satisfying to the palate. We're neither stringy or tough and there's no need for tenderization.
 Bobby1117
Msg: 46
Why do woman/girls like older men??
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:41:22 PM
Because older men are mature, We don't cheat, we don't hit them, we don't drink until we puke.... We are simply better lovers as well.
 Photo_Girl870
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/3/2013 7:49:51 PM
I have found from my own personal experience that I click with older guys on a better mental level than with guys my own age. This is just my experience though.
 Traumerin
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:06:06 PM
Bobby1117 - older men don't cheat?? Better in bed?? Not in my experience. ALL older men or men my age that I have been with lied and cheated on me and were not all that great in bed either. The young ones on the other hand (early 20s) have all been VERY eager to please, were always upfront and honest, were more romantic and attentive, had much more stamina and passion in the bedroom and would actually try to get me off while the older ones just cared about their big O, not mine. Very easy choice for the future. Since I don't need a man to pay my bills, I will likely not date older men any more and go for the young ones.
 Livingthegoodlfe
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:24:36 PM
Its all about chemistry... Ive dated girls 15 years older than me and Ive dated girls 10 years younger.... Age doesnt mean anything if the chem is right IMHO
 cashleys
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:57:21 PM
Younger women date older men for a few reasons : Usually for financial reasons and security. They dont' have to go through the crazy time of young men finding their way and hard times when they dont' have homes, cars, wealth and stability. When they go older the older man has much more to offer at that time than a younger man would.

Younger men date older woman for these reasons: Usually because they aren't ready to settle down with anyone, still playing around, think they will learn something,don't want children yet and it's all about sex without committment or having their choice taken away with a younger woman getting pregnant by suprise or ambush.
 Just___Jim
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:17:12 AM

LOL! What about all that nose hair, arthritis, and (of course) the famous vacuum erection device?

Shoot, I got more hair coming out of my ears! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and no I don't need that Hoover vac yet!^^^^^^^^

imo, as you age say after 45-50 or so, the age dif means less on companionship & in a relationship.
Maybe it's more about maturity in your life and the world around you.The kids are grown,and you have greater freedom to enjoy all the other things in life. Your house is in order & really can "smell the coffee."

Rubbish. Pure, unadulterated rubbish. Just because a man is old doesn't mean he is superior in any way.

Granted some of the baby boomers complain a lot but I usually smile at them and walk away as fast as I can get.
no neg stuff here. lol And imo, it has nothing to do with being superior but maybe more so on be mature......

imo, the average age for the majority,say when your in or 20's or 30's is around a 3 year dif. after 50,it changes more.
 Just___Jim
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/4/2013 12:08:24 PM

Does this mean that after 50, you think there is less importance in you dating much younger women?

Let me clarify this on age. When your young,the majority of folks is around 3 to 5 years tops who mate together,etc at that time period.

Now lets say I'm 65, and wish to date someone who is older then 50, 55, 60, or 65, imo I have no problem with any of that age group. As the age in thinking is closer then you think,but that's just me.

And if I found someone who was 65, with same core values,etc, then yes she would be my choice to be with.

Some of you make it sound like why a younger woman should date a older guy cuz ya know he's going to die first,then you will be a widow or something like that.
Most older women over 50 I know don't need a man to support them financially , but would love a man to be in a equal companion and partnership together with.

The Importance to me is she attractive,articulate, have a good back round and disposition. imo, there is nothing weird about that when your older.

imo, it's your right to date anyone you want. And if you can be comfortable with only men close to your age then that is you choice.

And imo, I don't think I'm robbing the cradle either as you might think. ^^^^^^^It's called freedom of choice,to live & love.

Or unless your Hugh Hefner who is 86 and is marry a gal who is 26? now that's a bit weird! lol But I hear he is on the same stuff as what his face George Hamilton is taking.
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/4/2013 1:26:10 PM
I prefer older men. The oldest one was 18 years older than I.

Well, lets see. The ex is gone. The kids are grown. Probably getting ready or already retired. No haggling over when the kids are coming over or when he gets them and if you are able to come over or not, Their funds are more readily availble mostly due the the ex being completely gone.
Older men prefer sex to be a mutual enjoyment and want the woman to enjoy herself. They take their time sexually usually lasting for hours which include foreplay and afterglow.
They tend to listen more. No childish games.
They have more experience with life and are willing to teach and mentor. They tend to accept a woman as a person than just a sex toy for the moment.

...at least this is MY experience with older men. Its been all good and alot better than with younger men.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/4/2013 2:04:08 PM

Or unless your Hugh Hefner who is 86 and is marry a gal who is 26? now that's a bit weird! lol

A bit weird?? It's downright grotesque.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2013 3:16:27 PM
I don't like older men but now I'm getting older myself. There is a mindset that certain men have, my now ex-husband had it when he was still quite young in his 30's and 40's, I was married to a virtual old man for 20 years,not fun!

When I get the chance to talk to someone and I recognize this mindset in anyone, I run for the hills!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/4/2013 4:16:51 PM

For the same reason some people like people with blond hair, or large feet or what ever.

They are called preferences and everyone has them and for the most part you have little to no control over them.

Trying to isolate one preference and quantity or qualify it is nothing but an exercise in futility as like most preferences the only common thread amongst the group is said preference.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2013 4:57:50 PM
^^^^ That is not necessarily true. Females can like older men for what they have or provide, not for who they are. They have possessions or they provide a father-figure presence,etc.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2013 5:25:08 PM
Una, msg 77. Yup, sometimes you need to deal with unwanted hair on us older guys. It's weird. It start falling out of our heads but then starts growing out of our nose and ears.

And arthritis, it does indeed suck when all your joints stiffen up except the one that is supposed to. Have'nt needed the pump device yet though. I wonder how you'd casually work one of those into a romantic interlude.

I guess some ladies like older men, some like younger ones. Some don't care for men at all. You are what you are and age won't change who you are. Hey, when I was young I used to wake up in the morning stiff and swollen... I still do but the parts have changed.
 Just___Jim
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/5/2013 6:51:32 AM

But your saying age no longer matters is a mistatement at best. You don't mean that at all!

Fair enough, I see what your driving at, in why you think men don't like to date women older then themselves.

As if I wanted to date someone 75 or over then maybe your right. ^^^^^^^

Yet I have dated women over 70 too. jsyk lol

You don't mean that at all, you only mean you think women 15 years your junior should now want to date you.

Yup, I just club them over the head and drag them into the man cave. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Peace
 SmileznChuckles
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/6/2013 1:05:06 PM
The question implies that women/girls like older men as if it were a preference across the board.
It is not.
It is a preferece to some, why, I have no idea nor understand the arguements/reasons for. And to others, it is not even a consideration.
 MB58SC
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2013 2:53:50 PM
I love younger women. I have my limit though and it's not a legal one. For example, anyone younger than 24 is completely off my radar. In my experience, they're usually looking for a father figure, not a partner. They have no idea what they want - but of course this is just based on my experience.

Plenty of exceptions, but I don't go looking is the point.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/6/2013 10:30:27 PM
higher limits on the visa card.....lol
 nipoleon
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2013 1:16:50 AM
Because his package may be sagg'n but his pants wont be.
 youngerwomen_R_hott
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/8/2013 6:21:43 PM
as an older man (59) who "specializes" in women 18 to 35 i can tell you these young ladies are out there but they're not going to be a "10" and gorgeous. they're usually experimental girls or ones who have been lied to and used so many times they're looking at non traditional lovers.

even as youthful and good looking as i am i'd say only 5% of 18 to 35 want to go out with me even as i state i will not be a sugardaddy.

here's the most surprising thing i've encountered:

i get much more dates with women in their EARLY 20's then women in their mid to late 30's.
i think the younger women are more daring.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:15:59 PM
^^^Why he's Tom Terrific. His dazzling white smile and fake tan bring in all the girls.
 SmileznChuckles
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:36:16 PM
^^^
pop culture ??
 youngerwomen_R_hott
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:42:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^no i do not use them.

i respect them and just want to go out and have fun with them.

i never pressure them for sex. if they want to i will. but i won't be a sugar daddy to them. to hell with that.

i do not have any children either.

pop culture is my forte. MTV and VH1 are on my TV daily.

i was in the mosh at the Slayer concert last year and have seen Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson.

i know how to dance VERY WELL and hiphop dance (if i want to).
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:19:17 AM

^^^Why he's Tom Terrific. His dazzling white smile and fake tan bring in all the girls.

Ahh.. with a new profile name to boot!

So much in common with women young enough to be their granddaughters.
 youngerwomen_R_hott
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:36:16 AM
thank you for the fine compliments Mr.Bloke^^^^^^^^^^

i'm very proud of the fact that women of all ages are attracted to me and find me a fun bloke to be with.

my only problems so far is that the mothers and grandmothers of the women i date hit on me.

it can get awkward!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do woman/girls like older men??