Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nghtshft
Msg: 29
Whats so bad about being an RN?!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Buzzin a nurse.......I think I have a temperature....
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 30
Whats so bad about being an RN?!
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:15:35 PM
Wow. You really changed my opinion of RNs with that one. Soldier on.
 uneekguy
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/25/2005 12:14:41 PM
Well...I don't know but there are more Nurses, Educators and Real Estate women on the Personals. Maybe it's cuz those careers are time and stress consuming that an honest relationship is difficult to have with those people. I know that I try to avoid all three. Gotta be a reason why they're prevalent.
 magickinneyes
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:27:19 PM
I am a PSW worker and currently attending school to be an RN...i don't believe that ppl should judge other ppl on what they do....cause if we did, what would we say about garbage men....RN's are very compationate ppl to do the work they do, anyone in the health care profession absolutly wants a understanding companion by there side....the trick to it in my opinion is you never take your work and feelings home with you, that is when the problems start...just like with a bad day at the office...good luck to you!!
 crystalise
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:45:07 AM
maybe its just meant as a dont- mix -business -with -pleasure kinda thing. Or in other words dont get involved with someone at work...??? or in this case similar medical profession

Other than it sure beats me.

my 10c worth
 shine06
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:11:47 PM
sweety am a nurse too..i know what it takes to be a nurse..so you are in the right profession,no doubt about it,people who stay away from nurses they just dont realize what they are missing..lol..we are special people and i can say right now am a better person because am a nurse,the exposure on dealing with people from different walks of life can build a good character in you..so go girl..BE a NURSE..its fun to be one..
 hapeenurse
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/17/2008 8:04:59 AM
the only thing thats so bad about being an RN is reading threads like this that keep on reinforcing the stupid/untrue/ridiculous notions about nurses!

I've been a nurse for almost 10 years now , I *still* love it, I'm not depressed or desensitized, I may have a wacky sense of humour but that keeps me and my co workers in check and able to do the incredibly demanding job of being there for our patients.

you don't want to date me because I'm a nurse, a-okay with me,I don't want someone who isn't supportive anyway, to me thats no different than not wanting to date someone who is too tall/short/thin/fat , all these things are *parts* of a person, not the whole package.

Being a nurse is a huge part of my life, but it's not everything.
 nitrochevy
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/17/2008 5:26:28 PM
RN's are no different from any other profession... some are very human and some are very much like a programmed machine, capable to do their job well but lacking personality. I assume the big difference is which department they work in....

the other possibility is they might only want to date "up", to find someone who makes tons of money.
 genegem
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/17/2008 5:48:49 PM

the only thing thats so bad about being an RN is reading threads like this
that keep on reinforcing the stupid/untrue/ridiculous notions about nurses!

So true hapeenurse ... ours is a profession just like any other and there are
cool lawyers, interns, cops etc just as there are jerks in any walk of life ... so
OP stick with your career plan and give it your all!!!
 NorseViking869
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/18/2008 12:55:06 PM
I love nurses and nought the Naughty kind. RM's and LVN's and even CNA's rock. They are hard working, caring. Most work simular hours to musicians so it sometimes makes afor a good match. 3 of my exes are nurses so I would date a nurse again for sure.
 nitrochevy
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/18/2008 2:41:41 PM

Most nurses are highly driven and goal oriented. Perhaps *that* is the issue

that's fine in a job, but there's no place in a relationship for that intensity
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >