Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Stop being a NICE guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carribeanking7
Msg: 126
Stop being a NICE guyPage 6 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
To all the guys who actually use David deangelo's lines....consider this....
many ladies are aware....in a previous thread some even pointed out how they rolled their eyes when their dates used his lines verbatim......these silly gooses actually ruined whatever chances they had by using Angelo's "cocky comedy".....c-o-c-k & bull if you ask me....
It is impossible to maintain a facade over extended periods........
The story of "Zumbach suit" illustrates ....

Zumbach was a famous tailor,but his suits were so expensive that they were only within the reach of they wealthy.
one day David, a person of average means resolved to get a Zumbach suit, he saved for months & months and when the day came ...he knocked on Zumbach's door and announced that he would like to be measured for a suit....after 2 weeks he got a call to come in for a fitting.........as helooked in the mirror he was dismayed that the right pocket was a little higher than the left.....nonsense Zumbach said, just raise your right shoulder.....there perfect..but when he did thatthe left collar was out of place......just bend your neck to the right.....after contorting his body in multiple grotesque poses it finally seemed to fit.....
holding that pose he painfully walked to the bus stop.....an elderly gentleman ...asked
Is that a Zumbach suit ? why yes , David replied proudly...how did you know ?
To which the old man replied, Only a fine tailor like Zumbach could fit a cripple like you.
 kenbryan41
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/27/2005 8:59:07 PM
I dont think nice has anything to do with it. BORING does. I'm nice, very nice, but I'm also fun and exciting.

none of my problems with women ever had to do with me being nice.
 sddude
Msg: 128
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/27/2005 11:40:40 PM
mmmmmm then I do not get it then
 carribeanking7
Msg: 129
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 12:27:27 AM
easy on SDDUDE there Pinkfizz.......he is not like what you infer from the last few posts....
I have seen many of his posts before and he comes across as a warm and caring person.
 Musikmaster
Msg: 130
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 11:06:02 AM
This thread is getting really ridiculous. The women posting late are a riot. I really doubt they think all these guys complaining are wanting to become "bad." Obviously, you can't be merely a jerk 100% of the time. The confidence and attitude is key but the 'eager to please or impress' part of nice guys will not work. Girls/women today don't appreciate this kind of thing unless the guy is a male model. The girls bashing these whiners and complainers just get their socks off trying to sound pretentious and moral. They are part of the guilty women going for the 'wrong guy.' It's an opportunity to sound off and criticize for them. Remember guys, pay attention to a girl's actions and behavior not words and posts/emails. You don't need to read some internet site by any of the so-called 'studs' or pay any money to realize common sense.
 sddude
Msg: 131
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 11:06:54 AM
I am not worried at all about a girls height it is they , they tell it to my face , really , I do not care if they are a foot taller or a foot shorter , it does not matter to me . I suspect most guys do not care either .

Most women here seem to think that women commit no sin , they are almost the perfect picture of sugar and spice and everything nice , all the fault is the man's fault , I do not know about that deangelo's stuff but women here probably assume that .

I just live by experience unlike you people , only comment and no real solutions are given , all say be myself without knowing how I really am like other guys , maybe being myself, the way I am is the wrong way ? Some women have told me here that the things I have said here show that I am a pushover and a doormat and to change that , what if that is part of me ?
To be a person that only gives ? In my experience to give is happiness initially but later it turns sad for me because I find out, it is just usage , Most , women I have met ARE users , THAT is my experience I meet alot of women everywhere everyplace you can imagine I even live with two of them that I have helped out untill it hurts , I know I am being used .
If I take out one of those women I help so much, out, maybe to a dance or something most of the time they decline the dance and they dance with others , I feel like I am not worth anything , like as if I am inferior to other guys , I am only their superhero when I help them in a very serious situation .

I am sure it is me , my fault, Pink you agree and say the same you even kind of savor it , no women is at fault ,it is little losers fault , you may think mockingly , but you would not say the same thing if you lived near me an I saved you from something , but your actions would say otherwise , it happens so much that I think all women are like that , like 1% may not be that way .

I know I am doing it all wrong , no one ever answered my question on how not to be every women I meet, her best friend, confidant, their hero , the guy she looks for when she has a problem .

Women here either do not beleive or do not understand it at all , it seems to you that that is the way a guy should be to women but I honestly find that it does not work to do this and be this way , that is me , I am the kind of guy that takes a homeless girl in and turns her into a successful model..... then they leave even if they know I love them, never hear from them again , it has happened before , over and over , different outcomes and situations .

I guess I am one of the lame guys ALL women use while thinking they are too good for me . Yes I am generalizing because that is my experience, yes I get girls and alot of them but not the way you think , it is very very lonely .
 sddude
Msg: 132
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 11:37:27 AM
Well Katherine,
do not be confused think logically of what I said , what it boils down to it is that I hook them being the badboy very easily , being nice keeps them away when I want to start initial contact . When I get to know them a little the same day and they try things I tell them I am celibate , then it evolves that they tell me everything about themselves for some reason women choose me to be their confessor , we talk hours then it falls apart I become super nice , then they warm up to me and say I am incredible like they have known me all their life and already love me like a brother , like a bestfriend and then the relationship goes from there , I help them out with everything , they say they appreciate it and it evolves into one of the many friendships that I have , they only claim I can be their freinds and never could even steal a kiss from them , it even grosses them out if I try to kiss them , they say iot is like kissing their brother .

Do you understand now , is that weird to you ? I have to share the bed with two women that I have to see like a sister , they are afraid of the other bedroom for some reason . afraid to be alone they say there are ghosts in the house .
 sddude
Msg: 133
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 11:53:42 AM
I am actually the soft guy without being a fake or pretend but that is too lame for women .
 sddude
Msg: 134
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 11:54:49 AM
yeah I say too much here , I guess I will be a little quiet and just observe more .
 sddude
Msg: 135
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/28/2005 4:11:20 PM
that is what I do , most of the time when I am myself , try to chill and have fun but I guess I cannot even try more than that I guess .... yes I know this a dating site .

I know to try to make it simple but I guess you people do not uinderstand where I am comming from ...

oh well ...
 HB2
Msg: 136
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/29/2005 8:21:47 AM
It's the whole pursue and conquer thing
 HB2
Msg: 137
They don't want nice.
Posted: 10/29/2005 8:40:28 AM
In other words you're a man not a boy
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 138
They don't want nice.
Posted: 10/29/2005 9:08:14 AM
So what are you people trying to say that you can be too nice.I know this sick logic came out in the 90s.If this is the case then that would be the same logic as Your not mean enough for me....We live in a very sick society....And what i have seen and heard i am glad i do not date nomore.This forum takes the cake.Back in my 20s this sick logic came out...Either a person is good for you or bad for you.PERIOD!.....There is no middle ground.Sorry life does not work that way.Unless you are on drugs and live in the land of oz...People on this thread say they want to treat people they want to be treated.I would say good in my opinion....Then if that is the case,Then why put games in the equsion.(like your to nice)What a bunch of bullshit...They would be like saying in many examples....Oh i got to much gas in my car...Or i got to much love in my life...Or a 70 year old man would say i got to much hair on my head...Or a man would say to a woman you are to beutiful for me...Or a high school student would say i am to smart for college..ETC...ETC...YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!!!I can understand why the divorce rate is so high and climbing..It is pitiful!
 HB2
Msg: 139
Who we are.
Posted: 10/29/2005 9:08:59 AM
I don't want a man who is at all like me...
I want a man who is himself...
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 140
Men and communication.
Posted: 10/29/2005 10:12:15 AM
Look.A woman knows in a short period of time what she wants from you.It does not take all this and that...If you think that listening to her is what she wants.Then that is your opinion..I work in the construction field and 50% of the men i work with are married and they careless what their wives think.They do complete opposite of what they say.In both partys...It must be some truth to it.When i did date in my 20s these women would say they want a repectful hard working guy..I do not have to put much effort in that,BEcause that is me 100%.Always kept a joB and very repectful...But when Mr.JERK comes along..You know the type(Cannot hold down a job because he has 10 DUI.s,Beats her up everyother night)Sorry to tell you i do not call that repectful and hardworking....She loves him to death.Worships the ground he walks on..Oh about listening to what she siads.HE CARELESS!...BUt for a man that has these traits.Well you know the game.(MAybe we be friends)What a joke....SO don't tell me the road i have been on...I can write a book on this subject.....The bottom line is what a woman wants and what they go after are 2 totaly different things...As far as the (friend) game i gave that up 20 years ago...Sorry i no friggin back-up for no screw up woman.I rather be a hermit than to kiss-up to a woman.Just so that she can have a little security until MR.JERK comes along.(like i do not have feelings)They care friggin less........
 HB2
Msg: 141
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/29/2005 10:27:08 AM
That's being told not saying it themselves

Just how nice are you?
 sddude
Msg: 142
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/29/2005 11:46:53 AM
I am not a nice guy then , just a speedbump, a parachute, a atm machine , the fountain of help and confort .

Yeah hotlatin I amd like the 2nd nice guy you mention except I do not confuse confidence with arrogance , just change a style for the appearance . Allos on the other point , I do not try or try hard or attempt to be desperate to be nice and say the right things to please , dude that is just me . Yes so many and too many people have said and reinforced about my way of being , was very nice to almost too nice . That is why I say it , not self proclaiming too. I guess i go to follow th advice to tone it down , not be too much of who I am , I think it is logical , that is what alot of women have told me here , not to be too nice because it is just being a doormat then say do not change , what if that is part of me ?

So I guess I have to permanently change who I am a little .
 robin cognito
Msg: 143
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/29/2005 12:02:57 PM
How about this; just be yourself and you will find what you are looking for in life? There is no perfect way to meet anyone and if you are constantly acting like a chameleon because you think it will make you more desireable you are going to end up alone wondering who the hell you are.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 144
Men and communication.
Posted: 10/29/2005 4:56:09 PM
You people are something else.Look,Either your nice or bad...If i was going to get hooked up with a woman and she was overly nice.According to your screw up logic that is suppose to scare me...Not hardly..I would not know how to act.I would worship the ground she walks on.All the women i came accross had your logic....If a woman called me up everyday to see how i was doing.Then i would repect that.But that is far and few in between because of the friggin Logic of todays society.(What is in it for me attitude)Or you have to be some freek to fit in....Or play the logic game you people talk about...YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!...What in the hell is wrong with you.(YOU CAN BE OVERLY NICE FOR ME)What a world we live in.It is pitiful.
 Cautiously Fishing
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/30/2005 12:01:38 PM
While there may be a grain of truth in the OP. It quickly looses it's poigniantcy.
You're confussing confidence with arrogance.

If the timetable you have on your profile is some kind of intinerary, It's boring at best.

And if i hear of any King positions opening, I'll give you a holla. You da man.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 146
Men and communication.
Posted: 10/30/2005 12:22:26 PM
Katherine,You worry about katherine and i will worry about tarheel...Just for the record i am in perfect health.I am almost 40...Never been to a doctor in my life.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 147
Men and communication.
Posted: 10/31/2005 2:52:13 AM
But i muust say you do not look a day over 34.You take care of yourself very well^^^^^You look 20 years younger than your age.
 HB2
Msg: 148
Men and communication.
Posted: 10/31/2005 7:56:28 AM
Geek intelligence

Bad boy in the bedroom

Nice everywhere else...

Of course I fully expect him to be a pig when hanging with his friends...

OMG! I want a real man
 sddude
Msg: 149
Ode to nice guys
Posted: 10/31/2005 2:18:18 PM
Desidude,

OMG , holy crap , that Ode to nice guy was and is me all the time , that stuff happens to me daily , I guess I will just kill myself now , hahahahaha, what the hell ?

I am sure then that alot of guys here can relate , those who have female friends and cannot get a date , not even if their lives depended on it like me. I am almost overwhelmed on how that "ode to nice guy " seems like me and all of those situations happen to me over and over and over with varying situations and degrees , yes I am the guy who takes women out because the parents would only let me date their daughters at all times without questions , they use me as a way out and to meet guys , even guys that I know . I sit while she dances with guys and women reject dancing offers.... I call these women good freinds ... best friends .

Wow now I feel pathetic , I guess when a guy is nice most women are like that , treat us guys like that , most women here may say they want a nice guy but do not really act or beleive it when the moment of truth comes. I kind of think the vast majority of women act this way towards those guys.

I guess I will always be this way and lonely . damn these women , hahahahaha

sigh ... I'm screwed.
 sddude
Msg: 150
Ode to nice guys
Posted: 10/31/2005 2:28:56 PM
mostly it is the women who have age and experience that actually persue, Finally, a nice guy
but usually they are way closer to their experation date than I am and have kids , and are divorced . So they probably now want a nice guy to help them with all their baggage even thought they say they donot have any or can take care of it themselves . Here on the forum the ones that say be yourself and claim to like nice guys for real are closer to being middle age usually , good that they say that and beleive that but that does not help most of us much , good pats on the shoulder , nice words , be yourself be the nice guy you genuinely are , were still screwed .

I have run into women who are really seriously looking for a relationship with me but I have to handle their teenage kids , her rent and her bills too , even if she does work , the excuse is the new family . I have tried to to be good for one of these women but I just end up much more overwhelbed by the new and greater responsibility than my younger single less experienced counterpart . Maybe the older the more dangerous for the nice guy

yeah nice guys finish last , I am just waithing for how I will crash and burn at the end .
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Stop being a NICE guy