Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JUST ME 1956
Msg: 26
When looking for someone, is height important to you?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
*sigh* If you all can find someone shorter than me, bring him on...
 arri
Msg: 27
When looking for someone, is height important to you?
Posted: 10/25/2005 8:57:36 PM
I usually date petit women and my current friend is 5’3” and draw the line at 5’8”, but my last serious girl friend was 5’11”. We met through friends originally otherwise I don’t think I would have made the intial attempt.
 sddude
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/26/2005 11:57:25 AM
rythm ace ,

Yup , I got beat up everyday after school since I was in fisrt grade , I even remeber my first pounding , two little boys , one a blondie the other a mexican , pounded away until I cried , yup the memories , jajajajaj like barabara straisand's song . memories hehehe

in third grad a big girl that people called baboomba because she was hot to all thge little boys , hahahah , well she pounded my face into the playground cement , I have a front tooth that is chipped because of that , was in live with her little sister ....

yup all the way till highschool (fresno ca )I was beat up after school it was a tradition for the gangs to beat up nerds and short people .youre right Ace , yup a fact sometimes .

Girls really do not think those guys are cool at all , no one wanted me for the prom so I took my cousin , she was hot enough to impress untill the guys found out then guys hit on her and I ended up going home early ,

nawww no relevence , did not affect me at all .
 sddude
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/26/2005 12:24:40 PM
for pink fizz

AAAAHHHHH okayyyyyy, (tip toeing on eggshells )

hmmmmm , well sorry if I refer to woman as chicks, sorry , I sould try harder to be more formal in my etiquette of writing style , no offense intended towards anyone , I am just used to expressing myself that way , in your part of the world it may be offensive , maybe dude , guy , or bro is offensive to you if men are referred as that , I live in san diego , I am a surfer spend alot of time on the beach , well not lately too cold at the moment , people, men and women refer to women as chicks, babes , hotties etc... in normal conversations , sorry if I offended you in this manner or someone else, our subcultures are different , maybe you were brought up in speaking more formally , the same as.... well forget that , I am on eggshells here , hahahaha.

I am not really blaming women , never said it was their fault , have I ? I am trying to explain that I found that women have their natural preferences , have you not read some of the height responses from women in old posts , this hieght post has been beaten to death many times. I also state and not erroneously on what has happened to me in dating , I am not the only one, it is not placing women in an evil light it is informing on the realities oof what has happend to me and many guys , oh sorry , men .

Women have their natural preferences according to culture , you probably do not beleive waht happens to guys in real life , you just work and point out ever guys specific faults without any real resolution , I like people with real solutions to questions , everyone likes and honors those , why just live here to bash people , sometimes you applaude but the longest inputs that are most passionate are in anger .

Yes I complain , I complain that I cannot be just me , the man that my friends think of as great person , I hate to be the a*** but my friends think I am sexy when I am like that , I hate to be the a*** but it works in every social gathering , being me gets me alot of female friends , most of my freinds are female and I have alot , I just would like that someone would be attracted to the real me without using the a*** "guy" (yes I said it ) as the hook , you do not understand where alot of guys are comming from .

I am a very very confident person , I have given presentations for embassaders to hundreds of people , confidence is not my problem , I am usually the first one to go out dancing at the dancefloor with someone who had the grace to accept my offer or alone . for some reason this phenomenon exist but many do not accept it as true . Not only with women that are perceived as beautiful all others apply also .

Still I and others get the dirty end of the stick while beautiful women like you enjoy dating life and many interested gentlemen . You cannot ever fathom to see it in our eyes , I remeber girls like you in school .... but I have no negativity towards them I am a runt and must make myself "bigger" or different to attract what I can get and I do get it but it is a change I hate , I hate to kill off my old self . You do not know , you are one of the beautiful people that have it made in this department , you just have to choose the "good" ones and ignore the runts .

5ft 7 in my book is not short for me but borderline for most women , data is from this site and many women I know , maybe it is the region where your friend lives .

I had to edit some comments to prevent breaking more eggshells ....
 aussieguy58
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2005 2:16:28 PM
Im a short guy also and I find a lot of women prefer taller guys, chic thing I guess, lol
Myself I have dated 2 women taller than me, one was 6" and it didnt bother me that much, dancing was kinda weird close up and it did make me self conscience to a point.
Thing is it is the person inside, not physical attributes that really matter but we are all human I suppose, personally I like blondes, lol
 Blackthunder
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2005 8:30:19 AM
For me it doesn't really matter. If she's taller then me...then bonus(I like climbing) ha ha. I also like short girls. There are alot of short girls that out there that put tall girl to shame. So no it shouldn't matter...as long as you can deal with it. Boo hoo to the guys out there that are intimidated by tall girls (DEAL WITH IT).
 Musikmaster
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/27/2005 8:40:42 AM
No, it's not important.

I don't understand some girls here though who demand a certain height. The most ridiculous reason is that they wear high heels! LOL Ohhhhhhhhhh...woah!
 sddude
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/5/2005 8:45:48 AM
crap I am out of most woman's range anyhow even with the complex .
 Polly_G
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/5/2005 9:17:05 AM
I'm a little over 5'9" and I would have to say yes, I do have a height requirement. I would prefer them over 6' but have dated shorter. It was a little awkward at times.
 Musikmaster
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/5/2005 3:58:43 PM
I don't get it either. Many of the girls here are pathetic and shallow. The ironic thing is a lot of the girls are like 5'5" (avg.?) and they're saying they'll only consider guys over 6 feet. LOL I'm over 6 ft but I read some girls say you have to be over 6'2". Six feet three is the cut off? OH, MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN...
 sddude
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/6/2005 2:57:17 PM
they just cut it off
 sddude
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:21 AM
women in general do not like guys my height or especially your height , hear and in real life they would say they do not mind but they are TRYING to be nice but the reality is that women generally , most all women do not like short guys , even if the guy is a foot taller than them , lets say the woman is 4ft 10 se would still want a guy to be taller than 5 ft 7 in , women can choose nearly any guy they want if they are in the generally atractive range ( face body type etc... ) life is a woman candy store when it comes to relationships . If you are not considered tall or in the acceptable range to them , you will be slated to be alone and in the runt box .

Do not feel bad if women think you are a loser or too short , either give up and take the reality and do not beleive the bull that is handed to you , they are not interested in you but are interested to feel good about themselves so they say nice things , accept yourself or make alot of money and buy a woman or get a way older one that is no longer picky but accepting of any guy that is nice to them or a woman that has several children and needs a good father and provider , for those you are a winner until you help them up then they leave for a more studly one .

Sorry it is the loser inside me that is talking , why not just be an ass , have money and do them all wrong , get them back , you will under stand in a few years on whaI am talking about .
 SunChyne
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 2:24:55 PM
I prefer men over 6ft......however I think if I were just blown away by the personality of a short guy ...I might just go for it.
 sassenach
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:35:24 PM
Height doesn't really matter to this girl...my very first love was 5'8". That was when I was 15, but nothing much has changed.......and I do have to agree with artandsoul? Nothing like being roughly the same height, and getting pushed back into or pushing into a wall CRAZY......lots of fun!!!!
 sddude
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/2/2006 11:38:31 AM
I prefer cute nice bodied women , most of you are really ugly and fat lardoes anyhow , some desperate guy will settle for you one day , hehehehe
 QueenBran
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/8/2006 8:58:02 PM
I hate to admit I'm shallow, but I like men atleast 5'10.

Since I'm 5'7, I don't want to feel like an ogre when I go out with a guy.

I'm sure because of this, I will end up marrying a man that is smaller and shorter than me - we'll be like Barney & Betty Rubble.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:30:46 AM
I prefer statesque women who are between 5'-10" and 6'-2"........
The tallest I have dated was a German lady 6'2"............my ex however was only 5'4".......
it wont be a deciding factor for me.......you can do nothing about your height.....
but plenty about your attitude.....I have seen quite a few short men with tall ladies.
 sddude
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:53:20 PM
damn being short is like being ugly to women , hahahaha
 mikedanger
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:58:29 PM
no...............

man judgin' by height is too shallow, even for me!

an' i c'n be pretty freakin' shallow!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:53:00 PM
No offcourse not.

I always say, "There are many people that would rather travel on a train then fly on a plane anytime". lol
 mickey810
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:01:30 PM
I would like some short men to come forth and declare the dates they have actually had off this system from ladies that say " height doen't really matter". Also realize there is a strong public prejudice against the short man as depicted in pop media eg. woody allen, george castanza, danny devito. A comment on s.m.s. or napolianic syndrom. It is a complete prejudicial myth; a pop culture stereotype. Most fights or tough guy attitude is expressed by average to tall guys. Why? Because they feel they can get away with it. Also because they learned most women are attracted to that in them. They often think they are god's gift to women because women think they are. This attitude is seen as confidence. In the short guy it is labelled insecurity and s.m.s. I saw in a couple of threads signs of this. One girl said short men will be too quick to pick fights.This same girl said it is a turn on to see her guy (tall) protect her and win in fights ! I never seen a short guy start a fight. Another lady said she didn't like seeing these short insecure guys going around in big flashy cars. W.T.F...I see lots of single guys tall and short in expensive cars.. My point is the media has influenced womens' taste to have such a negative feeling towards short men. ...MY SOLUTION. Just be yourself. Do not be extra anything. Do not be extra nice or extra flashy or extra macho or extra funny. Realize you are born at a moment in history. You cannot change cultural views. In history these negative stereotypes did not exist. P.S. Notice on many female profiles they ask were are the good guys. WELL...They might notice them if they stop deleting the messages sent by the short guys.
 mikedanger
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:14:03 PM
i don't know 'bout the rest o' y'all, but where i see the most "discrimination" is in the women's profiles, wherein they will often specify looking for a man 5'10" or taller, even if SHE is only 5'2"!

as for dating tall women, i love it, but not especially more'n dating short ones....

teressa's dangerboy
 mickey810
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/11/2006 2:22:22 AM
Chinua; you will notice the media avoids portraying their true hight. Also i don't believe you would deny the negative attitudes and stereotypes about short men are so prevalent in women. When women see them they cannot think of any sexy characteristics towards them because of the stereotypes they have been exposed to;firts immpresions are lasting. I myself have heard women say when they see a short man they cannot get the image & immpresion of woody alen or george castanza out of their mind. Myself; I have never in my life had a physical fight. I was brought up to speak intelligently and walk away from pettyness. 2x I have dated women 6'.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?