Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lady_chance_99
Msg: 51
When looking for someone, is height important to you?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
honestly I do care about hieght as wrong as it is to admit it. I like my guys 6ft or taller. Not that I won't date shorter guys but I do prefer them tall.
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 52
view profile
History
When looking for someone, is height important to you?
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:29:29 PM
I'm 6'2 so I will say I go for shorter women. But height isnt much of a factor. I have dated women from 5'1 to 5'9.

I just took a look at your profile...might want to change what you are looking for! Best to put dating or friends lol.
I can imagine it will be a bit harder to find a woman as the average one will be a bit taller and also be wanting someone a bit taller than they are. But there are a lot of women that are around 5'0-1 who would love a guy thats a little taller than them so see if you can search the profiles with the height restrictions set. Then again if you see a profile that seems to be a good match you might as well send them an email as they might be one of those women that dont mind a gy thats a bit shorter than them.

Height isnt a factor when its purely friendship but for life long partners it might be a bigger hurdle. Good luck!
 cotter
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2006 1:34:55 AM
I'm not concerned about how tall my mate is ... but if he is tall, that's okay too!
 cotter
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2006 9:57:51 PM
I would love to date a taller lady!

But I have yet to meet one! At 6'4", I think I've missed out on a lot!

I guess I will have to stick to the shorter girls and be happy with it!

C'est la vie!
Hmmm ... 6'4"? I guess if you dated a little shorty like me it would give you an aching neck! This guy is a whole foot taller than me ...

I feel sooooo short! Sooooo looked down upon!

Quick somebody ... I need a hug!

Here_In_Florida
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/1/2011 6:19:30 AM
What I get a kick out of is women who are shorter themselves (i.e. - 5'5" ) requiring the man she seeks be no less than 6 feet tall.

The truly height obsessed tend to say things like, "I wear heels, so that makes me taller". Somehow they count their heel length as part of their height in determining their dating criteria.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/1/2011 6:28:34 AM
We like what we like. Do I set a height limit? No, but I make it clear I like tall men. So what. Just like everyone else has what they are attracted to. I cannot force myself to like a " nice guy" because he is nice and shorter and not what I am attracted too. That would be lame. It is not about being protected, I think I can do that on my own....LOL Just something sexy about a tall man...and one in shape. And they are out there. :)

And so what if a short woman wants someone tall. At least we admit it and do not string people along. I could easily meet and " date" tons of men and be using them right now but I do not. I am honest. And if I can tell up front there will not be attraction, I nicely say no.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/1/2011 6:36:28 AM

We like what we like. Do I set a height limit? No, but I make it clear I like tall men.
Well, I'm assuming that you like tall men, but it's not deal breaker if they aren't tall?
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/1/2011 6:51:41 AM
It pretty much is but you already know that because I have told you. I am not, as many women, attracted to short men. They just do not physically do it for me. Why are you " assuming" if I have already told you in e mails???

I think what happens is short men get mad or offended. Just like I know me being a body builder is NOT for everyone. I do not get mad, it is just one less person to worry about. People like what they like. I have NO problem accepting that. At least some of us will be 100% clean about it. A lot of people settle. I know people who do it. Make remarks like " oh he is short but I am sick of being alone". That is SO wrong.

Attraction is something I cannot control. Thank God being single is wonderful !
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/1/2011 7:04:47 AM
Attraction is something I cannot control. Thank God being single is wonderful !

Well, sometimes I think there's more too it than just the whole attraction issue.

At least some of us will be 100% clean about it. A lot of people settle. I know people who do it.

Actually, at first they were probably placing too much emphasis on what did not matter than what should actually matter when looking for a mate....this among other things as well. They then finally realized and focused on what did matter, so they may not have actually "settled".

I've known some people that wouldn't date someone because they didn't like their name. Go figure...some go WAY out there.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/1/2011 7:13:09 AM

I place emphasis on the total package, if there is zero physicality then there is no point in me continuing a charade. By contrast i have met many a girl who were in my eyes drop dead gorgeously head turning and traffic stopping! However, meeting them and spending half an hour with them i was left cold with the utter vacant personality they had.

Okay, but at least you focused on what mattered when it comes to a dating relationship - a great personality (of which she had none) and you moved on.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/1/2011 7:31:08 AM
Honest for me it is attraction. Do I really LOOK like I need a man to protect me? Not so much. And why a woman would be with a man for that reason is lame. I like tall fit men. It is what it is.

I do not think so many people DO place emphasis on what matters, but what DOES matter for most FIRST when meeting is attraction. After all, that is where it starts. Right???? It is settling if you hook up with someone you are not attracted to, but figure " oh well we get along it beats being alone" then constantly be looking at other men ( or women ). Now if someone won't date someone over a " name" yes...that is a bit out there. But it is what it is. For me it is a HUGE physical issue because I am that way. Names, not so much. LOL

And really what matters to you may not matter to me. Like all these men who think " Omg that woman is hot" they think that about ALL types of women, because they are not selective. Or they are NOT being realistic. Now for me personally, I DO have a specific type. ONE TIME I agreed to meet someone, who kept on me about " just give me a chance". This is when I was NEW to this dating nonsense. So I went. Good god it was a LONG hour. We leave, and he texted me 20 times in 30 minutes ( no joke ) asking if I was attracted to him. When I made it CLEAR before we left, NO. This, is why I will not meet just anyone.

The other thing people do ( NOT ME ) is try to MAKE themselves like someone / or find reasons to TRY to like them since they physically are not attracted ( Yuck who can do this ?? )

Then the rest fall in place. Things in common, etc.

People should be picky, Or at least be HONEST if they are.

LightInTheSNow is right on it too. Attraction is SO necessary for some of us !!!! And if someone is HOT and lame, we walk away. I have met those guys too. Great looking, nothing upstairs. NEXT.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/1/2011 7:59:36 AM
It freaks me out too. Who the hell needs someone to protect them, are they in situations all the time where they need a body guard??? LOL Sorry about spelling the name wrong, I was reading it too fast. Cool name though....the right spelling that is. :)
 Kariann71
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/1/2011 8:07:38 AM
It definitely isn't a determining factor when searching for "Mr. Right". I've dated guys much shorter than I am and much taller as well (I'm 5'10). While I do somewhat prefer a taller man, it's not a prerequisite for a potential relationship. As long as the man has a personality I'm attracted to then everything else is secondary.
 Kariann71
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/1/2011 8:46:28 AM
Hmmmmmm, very interesting theory Luke!

Taller women sometimes have a stigma attached to them as well, since the theory works in reverse and smaller women are sometimes considered more dainty... feminine... they need to be protected and cared for by a big, strong man... Etc, etc. Therefore they are viewed as a more ideal match than an amazon like myself. lol
 shivashley
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/1/2011 3:21:52 PM
yeah height is important... I prefer a taller guy. that being said.. i'm 5 ft i'll date up to a foot taller... i'm not trying to jump lol
 sex_cee_bbw
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/2/2011 12:32:34 AM
being a tall woman yes its important!! I am taller than most people women and men, that I encounter on a day to day basis. so when it comes to the special one, I like them tall.
 bcsr61
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/2/2011 1:13:46 AM
Height is very important to me. I am only 5ft tall but I wont date men under 6ft. The only reason I can tell you is that tall men make me feel protected, as to why I need to feel protected??? I guess it comes from being hurt when I was 14...

I am just not attracted to shorter men. Sad but true.. how shallow can I be.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/2/2011 6:01:50 AM
Oh brother, date a man to protect you??? Good Grief....That is a bit strange. What, do you frequent places you get into fights or something all the time? Why not gain some esteem, and date a tall man because of attraction issues, not someone to keep you from being in a bar fight. Being hurt at 14 requires some therapy if you still have issues at your age now. Tall men cannot fix that .

I isn't about being shallow, you have some problems that need attention from a professional.
 ocean_park
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/2/2011 8:51:53 AM
Height isn't that important to me. Most men that I have dated were taller than me. Largely because the majority of men in general are taller than me. But I dated a few men that were about 1-2 inches shorter than me. It wasn't a big deal to me. I don't need to have a taller man in order to feel more 'feminine' or 'protected'.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/2/2011 9:20:05 AM

Height isn't that important to me. Most men that I have dated were taller than me. Largely because the majority of men in general are taller than me. But I dated a few men that were about 1-2 inches shorter than me.

Right, you're a rarity then, esp. with the online dating scene....most people to make themselves more selective when it comes height.

You're 5'7", but most women that height or taller won't date the same height, and typically want taller. Because 5'7" or taller is tall for a woman I think, so it kind of makes sense for them to want a tall guy. But when I see a woman that's 5'2" requiring someone be only 6 feet or taller, well, I think they're being way too picky.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/2/2011 10:19:50 AM

Your gunna have some of that. I think many people think they can just order up what they want and have it magically appear.

Yeah, they treat a dating site like an "A La Carte" selection.
 bcsr61
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/2/2011 10:53:18 AM
Thank you for your input but I don't go to bars and I don't fight in them.. I like tall men and I have self esteem...
However I am not so self delusional to not know that everything that happens in our lives makes up who we are.
Would you need professional help if a big dog bit you as a child and you only liked small dogs?
One can get over things however if a big dog bit you as a child I am sure you have no problem putting your hand into a pit bulls mouth.
But that is ok the point of the forms is for judgmental people like you to attack others with you don't agree with right?
 valenciacityx
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/2/2011 2:54:55 PM
I posted this in the another thread, apparently, it needs a replay
Its 5-6; if height is the end all beat all requirement of disqualification - then heres your invitation to walk now; I ain't getting any taller.

I represent the Lolli pop Guild
the Lolli pop Guild
the Lolli pop Guild
and in the name of the Lolli Pop Guild
we would like to kick you out of Munchkin land.

Ah you went on a date, he was short
you didnt buy his pitch
you said you werent of 'that' sort
but here you are to B#tch
about his failed attempt to hitch
with his wiggly thing he had an itch
and wanted you to ride his broom, like a witch
but you failed search, and still came here to B#tch

But we must examine further - him
Too See
Too See?
Too see! If he is so really short !
Was he wearing elevator boots ?
Was he wearing a mullet lift ?
Was he sitting on a phone book ?
Then he is most assuredly short !

As coroner Ive examined here
and find not only is this mostly dead
it is thoroughly and completely dead
it is quite sincerely dead

We would thank you very completely
if you would refrain from posting repeatedly
that which has been beat with a stick redundantly
we could ask nice and even very sweetly
but we know you will be back ever so shortly
when the next guy lies to you directly.

brought to you by the committee for truthiness about male altitude and the genuinity of height coalition. The reviews and opinions here in have been heard so often that we are sorry you had to be subjected to them again.

'I need a man 6-0 or more to protect me ! "
Yes because the streets are over run and rife with revolution that somehow is immediately negated by your date being tall ?.....

A have a friend that is 6-8 that would only date girls named Jen; because when he dropped one, he didnt want to have to learn a new name. He got through double digits before getting married. You girls are all stupid for the height.

Now , where are the threads about men that will only date women with natural DD's - because we want to feel 'nurtured' ?
 gypsylady20090
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 10:07:52 AM
I'm only 5ft. tall, the rest of the world is taller then I am so no..height doesn't matter to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?