Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wh1te_Rabb1t
Msg: 76
When looking for someone, is height important to you?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
This is a repeat from the other thread - but since both seem active...

Tall women don't intimidate me, but I limit my search to 5'10" (two inches taller) because the percentage of women even MY height who would even want to date a guy 5'8" is so small it isn't even worth searching. Sorry if there are taller ladies who may want to date me, but you are an extreme exception.

I'll admit I won't date an overweight woman - because that is what my Ex was - and it was miserable existence I don't ever want to re-live. I have an active lifestyle now, and I have a really hard time buying that a woman who weighs more than I do would be able to keep up. Again - sorry if you are an exception.

A lot of those other statistics I couldn't give a damn about - boob size, hair color, whatever - attractiveness can be found in all sorts and sizes. I just know that height can't be 'fixed' as easily as losing weight or a boob job, so holding a bias against it DOES bother me more than other things.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 77
When looking for someone, is height important to you?
Posted: 11/3/2011 10:29:52 AM
Height is of no importance to me.

I'm 5' 8", and I have dated women from 4'11" to 5' 10" , and every height in between, and I would be open to even shorter or taller if the opportunity presented itself.
 OregonYankee
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/3/2011 12:50:45 PM
I find it endlessly amusing how people who would describe themselves as open minded, thoughtful, without discrimination and non-judgmental will automatically exclude, as a potential mate, someone who is great but "lost" the genetic lottery when it comes to height.

Although I'm not "short" by normal social standards (5'10"), on this site (based on many womens preferences) I'm often considered a dwarf.

But at the end of the day I'm glad that many people mention their height preferences in their profiles. It helps me to screen, quickly and effectively, who is shallow and prejudice..... both qualities I find very ugly.
 want to travel
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 1:04:09 PM
I am really physically attracted to petite, or short women, body size, or rather shape does not matter so much
but really, if the personality is not there, height does not matter
 _allen_
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 2:03:18 PM
A woman's height and/or weight isn't important as it use to be. In my 20's, I focused on dating tall, petite women. It was based on pure vanity on my part. I wanted a certain look and only went after women who fit that mold.

Now that I'm in my mid--thirties, a woman's outside isn't has important to me than whats on the inside. Sure, there still needs to be somewhat of a "physical" attraction, I just don't let a woman's physical appearance be the deciding factor in whether or not I'd want to meet this person. As I've gotten older, I'm more into what a woman has to say, her interests, like/dislikes, etc. These things matter. It's what truly interests me in a person and answers such questions as , "what do I find attractive about her?".

Unfortunately, as a male who's only 5'6" (5'7" on a good day) sort of puts me at a disadvantage in the dating realm . Women often prefer tall(er) men. Oh well, their loss!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/25/2012 10:52:24 AM
http://www.eharmony.com/blog/2012/10/03/i-want-a-relationship-but-hes-got-to-be-six-feet-tall/?cid=2091&aid=0810114

^ pretty good insight.

It was sent to my inbox; so, "no", I dont cruise singles advice sights.

I have been known to read a Chatelaine while waiting, at my house, for my date though (just to see what kind of stuff is going in her head) ;)

sexysunfish68
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:17:05 PM
I think weight is a dealbreaker for women too. Height can be a deal breaker for men. Weight can be fixed but height cant.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:42:40 PM
Height is definitely important to me! I would never date someone shorter than me. I'm 5'8' and a 1'2. My ex was 5'8 which was ok but I still hated it cuz I like to gives hugs and feel his arms around me completely. But i got used to it cuz I really loved him and cared for him so small things like that didn't bother me after a while.

But generally I have always dated guys taller than me. 6'0, 6'1, 5'10 and so forth. I rejected dating a guy(who was a dear friend of myne), and he was only 5'3. I couldn't be bothered to date him cuz it was bothered me a lot to date someone so short.

But to each their own!
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:34:07 PM
Yes height is important...I will never date a taller woman....their heads are large , huge gaping mouths when they smile, ears are usually humugus, they tend to eat more and use more toilet paper, every orifice in their body is huge.....gawd I can on and on.....
 DragonBits
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/25/2012 3:04:55 PM

Yes height is important...I will never date a taller woman....their heads are large , huge gaping mouths when they smile, ears are usually humugus, they tend to eat more and use more toilet paper, every orifice in their body is huge.....gawd I can on and on.....

I know what you mean, I really hate it when they pick me up and use me like a boy toy, can I ever be taken seriously?
 grove_22
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:54:20 PM
No. Height is not important to me. However most women I dated were much shorter than me because very few women are around my height or taller.
 orange_hill
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/26/2012 7:43:25 AM
I have a preference ( not requirement ) for taller men. However I wouldn't dismiss a shorter man that I liked because of his height.
 DomG79
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/26/2012 6:41:00 PM
The women on this site have done a good job of making me feel worthless because of my height. As for my own preferences, I wouldn't mind if a woman is taller than me.
 JannaBananna
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/26/2012 7:08:49 PM
yes, i prefer a man taller than i am. although i am not opposed to dating someone shorter than me. i haven't met a man shorter than me that i want to date, ever. just like i am not opposed to dating a black man, i just haven't met a black man that i want to date, ever. it's that simple. i am not dating a man taller than me either.

short or tall
if you can make my heart fall
for you
then you
can have it all.
 DomG79
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/26/2012 7:12:03 PM

short or tall
if you can make my heart fall
for you
then you
can have it all.

that's cute :-)
 cashleys
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:36:20 AM
Height is not important to me. But grooming is . I will not date anyone that has a Big BUSHY mustache or big bushy beards. Just is not for me. I don't wear hairstyle from the 50's and don't want to kiss a guy that hasnt' shaved his face since the 50's, 60's or probably ever.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/27/2012 10:49:14 AM

I have a preference ( not requirement ) for taller men. However I wouldn't dismiss a shorter man that I liked because of his height.

Thank you.
Someone who actually understands the difference between a preference and a requirement, and leaves room for exceptions.
 AmazingApril
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/27/2012 11:30:13 AM
Height is not a deal breaker for me. I dated a guy that was 4'8" (9" shorter) and a guy that was 6'4" (11" taller). If they are worried more about physical appearance than getting to know the heart of you, they don't deserve you. Of course Chemistry is important, but physical appearances fade over the years.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:27:06 PM
I like taller men. I'm 5'3", and I would prefer a guy be at least 5'11". It just feels right to me that way. We all have our preferences.
 angel778
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:38:07 PM
No. I look at the person. Even though I'm tall, 5ft 8 inches, I have dated shorter guys and they love it. We play the game I'm the supermodel, they're my rich rock star bf or agent. Tons of fun!!!
 cb1201
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:09:03 PM
It is important to me. I am not extremely tall but I'm taller than average. I prefer to be with someone who is at least 5'10.
 sigungq
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:16:10 PM
Heightism, like racism, SHOULD be so last millenium, but alas, humans are so shallow.
 Waterl
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:53:47 PM
Height is only important if the man is too tall for me. I just don't find tall men attractive too much. I go for the shorter ones.
 les221
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/31/2012 12:14:05 PM
Hi: depends on the woman you are dating, is she shallow? I am not, the person I would like for a partner would have beauty inside, so height is not important
 patrick28t
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/31/2012 12:38:33 PM
For all those people claiming "Oh, they're just shallow", does thinking that way make you feel better about being rejected?

You know the answer to that already. It's yes for most people; that's human nature.

Have you excepted a date with every single person who ever asked you out?

Yes. 99% sure anyway.

Would you have sex with someone you were in no way were attracted to that made you cringe?

I've done just that, and wouldn't turn down sex again if it were available! I even did it with someone I had trouble keeping it up for - and the plumbing was working just fine.

Would you want a partner who made you cringe at the very thought of kissing him or her?

I don't actively desire a partner like that, but I have settled for someone I didn't like kissing. It beats fapping.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?