Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Own your own since 11 or living at home at 30Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I live with my folks.

The house is in my name. They're both retired, and I'm the one working to support the three of us.

I don't see any problems with this.
My folks worked hard to give me the best life they could. They deserve to relax and let someone take care of them for a change.

If a woman decides she's not interested because I "live at home"... then too damn bad for her, she's not worth my time.

I've lived on my own for a time as well. It's not like I can't take care of myself. Or I'm a "momma's boy" or whatever they call it.
Living at home doesn't mean someone's not independant.
 adrisen
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Own your own since 11 or living at home at 30
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:39:13 PM
I am 30 and live at home with my parents. There is no concerns with it. I went back to school and ound it too expensive to pay for my education and deal with living expenses.

Regardless being single it is very difficult to be on ones own. It is very expensive. There are too many financial responsibilites when living solo ans too many struggling to make ends meet.

I go to school, I go to work, if I am home great if not oh well. If someone has a concern that I live with family, then they are just not work my time. Many still wish they were in the sitution to be at home, they just wont admit it.
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Own your own since 11 or living at home at 30
Posted: 8/11/2007 11:44:35 PM
I kinda can relate, well I live on my own have been for about 13 years and Im 32 now, BUT I work with my family in there business for the last 10 years and I gotta tell you it drives me up the wall, I friggin hate it and its hell on earth dealing with there unprofeshional bullshit attitudes. Ive worked othere jobs to and could really feel the differince in the atmosphere it felt like freedom. And for some reason I cant get my self to leave my parents work, Im paid well or very well for that fact and I think I wont be able to get anything better out there in the real world so some of it really is fear. I dont trust my skills or my heart.....Im trapped it feels like and I dont know how to get over myself to challenge the world head on. All the time I feel like Ive surpassed my parents and brother and I know Ive graduated from 3 differint colleges and I have great social skills but I cant get myself to leave AND I DONT KNOW WHY is it loyality, fear I dont know.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >