Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 miraclgal
Msg: 165
Why are older women scared about dating younger men?Page 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I am not afraid. Waiting to be asked........
 Just 4 You
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Why are older women scared about dating younger men?
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:36:44 AM
I don't think women are exactly scared, so much as angry from all the young guys on this site who just want sex, with no strings. And if you say NO, you never know what he might have slipped into your drink.

So many male College students claim older women are an easy catch. My former room mate was like that, going from one woman to another, telling me he's just giving them what they want... a young sexy man in their bed. Just look at the young muscular guys on soap operas!

Compare it to young women looking for a Sugar Daddy. Why date a guy her own age if she can get a man with a great job, nice house, money to buy her everything she wants, and all she has to do is have sex with him?

It's wrong, but it's out there.
 NancyC123
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/14/2007 4:18:34 AM
AMEN, Gilly13! The one I like is very mature for his age! As a matter of fact, I tend to FORGET he's younger than I am!
 NFPexec
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 6:06:40 AM
I dont think they're scared I think it's a matter of choice. Like many of the women who responded, they are fine with dating younger men, but for myself I prefer someone closer to my own age who shares common experiences.

I don't usually date younger men, although I have done so at times. For a long term relationship, I like to think it will be with an older man, but who knows what will happen if it's the right person.
 EC22
Msg: 188
Posted: 9/17/2007 11:43:26 AM

depends on the age difference as well. If you are speaking of 5 or so.. its no biggie. BUT if you are speaking of 10 or more there are many variables that would cause some concern:

1... We have our children and most likely dont want more. ( not fair to young man)

2.. We are settled.. careers, homes, etc... ( young man may not be her equal in that area and lets face it... who wants to marry "down"?

3... Health issues in years to come... ( do you want to be straddled down to a woman 10 yrs older and 10 yrs more advanced in body falling apart?) lol

These things could be a concern in SOME cases, but not all cases. Suppose a 30 yr man dates a 40 yr old women.

1. It is possible that the man already has kids or doesn't want kids. It is also possible that a woman in her early 40s might want to have 1 more kid with her current younger husband/boyfriend.

2. A 30 yr old man could have his own house, successful career etc or could make more money than a 40 yr woman especially if he has a better job.

3. An average woman lives about 5-7 years longer than the average man. Therefore on average she would only die 3-5 yrs before he does. Also if a man dates an older woman, in many cases she is very active, has the same interests and lifestyle with younger men and looks younger than her actual age.
 nwbstfriend
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:15:16 PM
People are people. I love sex and a lot of older men can't keep up. but a lot of younger men don't have the financial stability to sustain an long term relationship. That's the reality of it. I don't want to support a man - I've done it. I've raised someone else's kids - done. Don't want anymore - most younger guys are either tied down by their own or want to start some. And as for the " teacher" comments I've read below, I want a man who doesn't assume he knows my body and what makes me tick but one who is willing to learn me and that works both ways. I also want someone who I can travel with and not just by tour bus. Age is not important if you have what I'm looking for. I'm always hit on by 30 to 40 year olds on up. So the fact that I have to put the truth of my age, on these sites is a drawback because of the number. Just another form of prejudice.
 brock11
Msg: 192
Posted: 9/17/2007 9:13:29 PM
depends on the age difference as well. If you are speaking of 5 or so.. its no biggie. BUT if you are speaking of 10 or more there are many variables that would cause some concern:

10 yr age difference could be an issue if he is 18/21 and she is 30. An 18/21 yr old man is often immature, naive, still dependent on his parents etc. I don't think a 10 yr age difference is an issue if he is in late 20s/early 30s and she is in her late 30s/early 40s. A man in late 20s/early 30s could be more compatible with older women and vice versa. Or maybe he met a nice woman who happens to be older. I think a 20 yr age difference could be a problem. I doubt a long term relationship would work between a 30 yr old man and a 50 yr old woman. Most likely a 30 yr old man and a 50 yr old woman would have different long term plans. Most likely a relationship between a 30 yr old man and a 50 yr old woman would be a short term casual sexual fling although there are a few exceptions.
 EC22
Msg: 199
Posted: 9/18/2007 8:36:40 AM

Guess my friends are "exceptions" then.
He... 29+. She... 48+. Meet, fall crazy for each other, and move in together.

Of course there are some exceptions, but I doubt that many women in their late 40s / early 50s would want to have a long term relationship with a man that is 20 yrs younger than her or a man that is young enough to be her son and vice versa. When I was 29, I had a short term relationship with a 48 yr old woman. She was somewhat attractive, had a good personality, shared some common interests etc, but we had different long term goals. It seems like many women would be willing to date a man that is 5-10 younger than her and vice versa.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 3:39:48 PM
not scared here. I prefer younger guys. My age limit is no less than 10 years younger. I like them to have a little life experience.
 4YOU2KISS!!!
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:59:42 PM
Not sure why but I have never dated a younger man,...I have always dated men older then myself and not sure that will ever change. Now there are some wonderful men that seem to show alot of interest,...but there is always something in the back of my mind telling me that perhaps these men are too young for me,...and then most often something will happen and I will chalk it up to the man being to immature because of his age.

Now I am not saying that is always the case,...but that is how I look at it and I am at the point in my life that I do not plan on having any more children and these younger men have not even gotten to that stage,.....most have no kids and have never been married so it would most likely be an eye opening experience to say the least....lol

***Now if a wonderful young man did enter my life and we were compatible and share a connection I would not think twice about it,....age really is not a factor in the larger scheme of things,....but to some degree it does have an important role none the less. I would have to say 28 and older might be ok,..seeing as I am 36,...but would never go below that,...just does not seem right to me,...but hey what ever floats your boat....just be happy!!!!!!
 techgirl27
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:56:56 PM
I'm not scared of men younger than me. Heck I like it!! They've got more working years and hair left!

What I dont want is a youngster who is inexperienced in life, and is too busy soul searching to make his mind up about his own life intentions.
 2luv1
Msg: 215
Posted: 9/26/2007 6:56:28 AM
I am always dated more mature ladies, since I was 17. Back then, they found me, as I am an ex dancer. It wasn't all about the hot and heavy sex, either. Most are just wanting to be loved and paid attention too. Friendship helps a lot!! A good kisser, and staminaed energetic hard body lover doesn't hurt them, either. LOL. I think the main problem who only fantasize about dating younger men is that it is hard to find one that is mature and there for a the long haul, instead of just this weekend, type!!

Majority of the time an older woman is not olooking for a white picket fence and 2.5 kids anymore. Remember, she is looking for her WANTs and NEEDs, in and out of bed!!
 EC22
Msg: 220
Posted: 9/26/2007 8:00:50 AM

I just prefer someone a little wiser. Even ten years younger is cutting it close for me.Yes, the are great to look at but , you can't beat a man in his forties! Eventually you have to get out of bed and face the trials and tribulations of the real world, so for me, maturity wins!

I don't think a man around your age ( 48 ) would be more mature and wiser than a man who is about 10-12 years younger than you just because of age. I might agree with you if you were comparing men around your age to men in their early to mid 20s.
 brock11
Msg: 225
Posted: 9/27/2007 7:58:58 AM
I might have mentioned some of these things in a previous post, but it is worth repeating. A segment of older women will think that all younger men are looking for sex. I'm 29. I would date a woman in her 30s or maybe early 40s. I'm sure that there are other men around my age that feel the same way. I have seen some attractive women between the ages of 45-55. I would have a casual sexual relationship with them, but probably not a serious long term relationship. It's not because I think women in this age group are easy or desperate. Most likely a long term relationship wouldn't work out because of the large age difference although there could be a few exceptions to the general rule. I think there would be nothing wrong with a casual sexual relationship if both people clearly understand the situation.

There are another segment of older women who date and prefer younger men. Last year I was on another dating website for a few months. I received several emails from women who were between the ages of 35-45. I turned down these women because of reasons that had nothing to do with age. Lack of common interests, not my physical type, distance etc.
 fancynanci
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 2:41:53 PM
Not scared. Just like a man who isn't a BOY anymore.
 badboyveli
Msg: 233
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:24:05 PM
i dont know if anyone else has said this but i think some older women are afraid to step out of their comfort zone of dating a guy their age or older. a lot of women over 30 and 40 dont think a younger man can take care of them like an older guy. i think alot has to do with women being told and shown that only older guys can financially and emotionally support a woman. i dont think that is true at all
 raptor_red
Msg: 234
Posted: 12/29/2007 9:42:27 PM
I've dated men anywhere from 11 years younger to 14 years older than me. To me, age is just a number. It also depends on their maturity level and what they have to offer. I look young for my age, so men have always thought I'm 6-9 years younger than my age. So that's probably why I mostly attract younger men. And I do like dating younger men.

My aunt is about 7-8 years older than my uncle. My voice instructor was 11 years older than her husband. Yay!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:45:36 AM
Some women aren't scared of dating younger men.

Some women judge the man, not the age.

I like young men; I like men my age; I like older men.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 247
Posted: 12/30/2007 12:40:04 PM

They feel they will not come up to standard for a younger man.

Sex with a younger woman is much better (wetter).

For me wrinkles are a turn off no matter how much slap is covering them !

Hey, dimwit, no one asked for YOUR reason why you don't like older women--the question was for the women.

You are a perfect example, however, of why some older women don't date younger men; they think they are all like you.

And how many "OLD" women have you had sex with?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 262
Posted: 5/31/2008 7:51:34 AM
Many older women are not scared of dating younger men.

Some of us say, bring it on!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 269
Posted: 5/31/2008 10:42:02 AM

PS....maybe the person posting in 2007 didn't know about Astroglide? Hmmmmmm.

Kitten, I love you--in a decent, platonic, womanly way, of course. You are a role model for those of us feeling our way as we proceed through life.
 celts123
Msg: 272
Posted: 5/31/2008 12:54:01 PM

I have noticed that many older women on this thread ( and other threads ) wouldn't date younger men because they think all or most younger men are immature, only looking for sex or a mommy figure. However that can apply to many men of all ages. Not just the younger ones. I know some men in their 40s and 50s who are only looking for sex and / or are immature.

I agree. Also sometimes it is the older woman who is using the younger man for sex.
 tanna67
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2008 6:11:49 PM
I don't think we are scared to date younger men, but there are issues to be considered if both people are looking for long term relationships. I have found that a lot of the younger men that I may be interested in still want children. While I'd have no problem welcoming any existing children he may have, I don't want to have any more myself.

With the exception of the last 2 guys I dated, I have always dated older men. I was never attracted to younger. I find that changing now and am not sure how I feel about it.
 lucilou
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Why older women scared about dating younger men?
Posted: 6/9/2008 7:00:56 PM
I don't mind dating younger guy, my only concern is what's their motive in dating? is it only for fun? for one night stand ? or whatever it is , is it for good if things work out both ways? I have to meet him first in person, if he looks a lot younger with his age, and I look a lot older in person, then I probably not going to start dating him. But if he looks older in person than I am or almost same age in person then I will give it a try. I definitely will not be only for fun or for a one night stand.
 scinsocal
Msg: 302
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:41:25 PM
I find this response interesting....

I have always dated younger guys. The only time I did date someone older it was only by a few months.

I find that with the older guys, they always seemed to be set in their ways, and by that I mean they already know what they like to do with you or in their time off. They all like their Harley's and outdooor water sports, etc...

While I may think you look sexy on your bike, does not mean I want to ride. Boating is fun, but not the ONLY thing there is to do on a nice weekend. I have grown frustrated as I get older and my friends tell me that I should be dating "guys more my own age". I don't find that they like to bend too much. They will give, but as long as it is something that they enjoy. They will pay for the trip to the river and promise you a good time, but if I say "Let's go see this amazing band in Hollywood tonight!", I seem to get the "That's so far away." or "Wouldn't you rather make a whole weekend at the (insert your sport or activity of choice here) instead of just one night in Hollywierd?"

Sorry, but no thank you. I do enjoy outdoor sports and activities, but can't we include some outdoor concerts or roadtrips to see a show?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >