Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsNoraL
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Why are older women scared about dating younger men?Page 20 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
First of all at my age 59 I'm done with having kids. Second what do we have in comon besides sex? I've been around and music, movies, venues, so much has changed and so much I've seen and learned over the years. I love to have things in common that we share more than sex. It's so sexy to have my brain stimulated as well. There's so much that a man in my age group has learned by now and can share with me. I don't want to teach a man, either we share and learn from eachother but not into the one way thing. Look at Demi Moore, and Hulk Holgans ex wife with the 19 year old? Crazy women! At our age we don't have time to waste. Younger men can move on to a younger woman and then what?? Nah...not a wise move.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 449
Why are older women scared about dating younger men?
Posted: 6/21/2012 6:34:22 AM
^^^^

Considering your age, those "older" women must have been 70+. They have weak knees and tremble anyway.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 456
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:49:17 AM

you're right i DON"T understand. my question was why it wouldn't be "prudent."

the only thing i can see as to why people of different ages don't date is that either they find the other's looks or appearance due to age repulsive or juvenile or....

Although I've never given birth to my own children, there is something repulsive to me personally about the concept of being sexually involved with a person young enough to be my son---just the thought that I could have changed his diapers at one time doesn't exactly blow my skirt up.

(as in most cases) they are not intellectually,emotionally or socially broad enough to have a conversation or share interests with a person from another generation.

That's not it at all. I'm perfectly capable of carrying on a conversation with young people in their twenties, as well as having common interests with them. My two nieces with whom I'm very close, are that age, and we go on outings together all the time--I simply have no desire to date people their age.

on a date i had on Memorial Day i was with an elegant 71 year old woman, eleven years my senior. i had no problem discussing elements of the world that occurred in the 40's and 50's, different life experiences we've had or that generation's music. we had a great time together at lunch at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

I don't think a difference of ten or eleven years is a big issue at our age. My man is ten years my senior.

multi-dimentional, multi-faceted people can be very successful dating omni-generationally.

it's also a matter of confidence.

Any 60-year-old man that would feel the need to boast in the forums about banging a 22-year-old girl like a Texas tornado doesn't have a whole lot of confidence---much less, any respect for the girl.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 465
Posted: 6/26/2012 6:13:44 PM
Obsession that borders on harassment is its own kind of pathetic, IMO.

Indeed---especially when they e-mail you privately with lame compliments, and you're forced to block them.
 wanderer1999
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:04:19 AM
Having been on both sides of the equation in my life, there are real logistical difficulties to a significant age gap. There's just no way around it.

Children, the desire to have children or not, attraction into old age, risk of health differentials in later years, financial inequalities, etc, etc.

Toss in that significantly older partners worry as well about their continuing level of physical appeal as they age, and it is definitely complicated.

Can they work? Yes. Is it always about sex? No.

I have friends who have married women 20+ older than them. Some of them didn't work, some of them have been married for decades.

The odds are against it lasting anything beyond a handful of years, but that's also true of all relationships. 50% divorce rate, average marriage lasting 8 years, median marriage lasting 11 years, you're up against the odds either way. A significant age difference stacks the odds against you a little bit more.

Women aren't necessarily scared, but many of them understand the real drawbacks and choose not to play that game at all.

Is it their loss? For some of them, probably. For MOST of them, probably not.

Still, is it worth the risk? It depends... some loves are worth it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >