Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dannyabe
Msg: 1208
Guitar player angstPage 8 of 102    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
hey dude....
with my delta blues rig....i use..ds1 / super chorus 1 / compression sustainer / vox wah + boss wah / gotta get a volume pedal....also run my boss tuner into the chain as well.
i also use a alesis rack as well....multi verb unit and as welll compression again...long story on that .....

i set the over drive on the delta blues for whatever tone i'm looking for....then i kick it up with the pedals once i've set my eq on the amp.

thats how i work my rig....and get any sound i want....
as i mention before...i'm heading off to ontario to get all my gear over here in bc !

gotta talk to gman once i do get my gear here in bc, maybe i'll end up with to much gear ???

or just to greedy
 DiamondDave151
Msg: 1233
view profile
History
The guitar player's thread
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:43:41 PM
easy. my Ibanez Universe that I got back in 91, my Ibanez 540 that was my first real guitar and of course my good old peavey bandit 112 that i've had forever.
 dannyabe
Msg: 1237
Guitar player angst " study program 101 "
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:06:15 PM
right on late™ incredible explanation info on tubes awesome !
currently my amp is new.....tubed out with 4 - 6bq5/el84 and 12ax7.

at some point i know i need to replace them....now i have some idea what to replace them with ??? or how to step it up a bit with a hot'r and fat'r sounding tube ???

anyway....back to the unit of length, equal to one hundred-millionth of a centimeter, used especially to specify radiation wavelengths LoL
 dannyabe
Msg: 1242
Guitar player angst study program 101
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:34:08 PM
@ late™

then put in a fresh pair of JJ's, (or, if you want to pee your pants? Tele's or Mullards ..
JJ's will kill in that amp.

heres shouting out to you late™ ....

( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ((((( THANK YOU BIG TIME LATE ! )))))) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )
 dannyabe
Msg: 1277
Help
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:15:25 AM
@ gman....
your the best dude....good advise !
i play scales and shapes as much as i can....keep the fingers / hands in constant training
 dannyabe
Msg: 1288
Help
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:37:20 PM
@ separated44
hey dude....Gman and Late they're right....
spend the xtra cash'ola....and get a good tube rig....do it right the first time even tho...used can be as good or better if you can fix it up your'self and do it right the first time.
yes / no ? maybe so ?

i can understand a lil bit about your family matters....but, when it has something to do with playing music, you make the best of what you have....

i've been extremely lucky....and been able to keep all my old gear since i was a kids

anyway....keep working with your SG and work on those scales and modes....
shape your guitar hand/music into your style of playing.....then, you'll be ready for the amp for that application of guitar style

ohhh by the way....Canada has some of the worlds Best Axe/Sound Techs !
Gman and Late are good examples and demonstrate their experiance very well

as they say....the proof is in the pudding....(whatever that means)
hats off to them for sure.....no doubt !
 trevcda
Msg: 1292
view profile
History
Help
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:48:47 AM
I've got a Fender Bassman (silverface) head that I love. I play it through an open back four/tens cab. I use it mostly for recording and rehearsal and don't take it out much anymore, because at this point it would be difficult to replace and I don't want anything to happen to it. I tend to keep the chain simple (and vintage) with this set up. Using usually a little compression from an old Dynacomp, maybe a little bit of a Phase 90 and sometimes a tube screamer for rehearsal all of which of I've had since I was a kid. The sound is amazing especially when I can sound isolate it and drive it into its own natural distortion/breakup. My road system is a rack system (all tube) with lots of effects available that is really versitile, especially when doing covers by many different artists, but when it comes to trying to get that Bassman sound I get at home, it can't touch it. I took it out to a blues fest gig once for a friend (I can't even begin to do the blues any justice!) to use and heard constant comments about how great the tone was. Unfortunately I was also constantly removing half empty beers and overflowing ashtrays from the top of it, so that's the last time it went out in public. Anyway, I've also heard good things about the original Princeton amps, but never had the chance to spend any kind of time with one. I think The Champ was the choice amp for harp (harmonica) player wasn't it?
 dannyabe
Msg: 1298
Help
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:49:36 PM
@ separated44
hey dude.....
all these scales/cords/modes all work hand in hand....
you can do endless, musical material with 'STEVENS / GMANS' post !
keep working on it....its like magic man....
in no time you'll think you're SRV.....
furthermore at my age....its easy to forget shapes, modes and so on.....
i work on it more these days myself....from lower register all the way to upper

its all good and all fun
 dannyabe
Msg: 1304
Help
Posted: 2/21/2006 11:00:15 PM
@ late™

hey....like gman says...
i too want a copy of your book....hurry up and write it dude and sign the back for me.
i'll send you my credit card #
 dannyabe
Msg: 1317
cool old gibson combo
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:58:51 AM
hey Gman.....
any advice on settng the action a bit higher for slide on a electric ?
what string tuning is best ? besides what i like to hear....
i play light on the neck with the bottle neck/brass and mute with my 1st and 2nd finger....

thx dude
 dannyabe
Msg: 1321
DELTA BLUES " AWESOME "
Posted: 2/26/2006 10:32:40 AM

@ stevens
i like " E " tuning....and " E# or Eb "
anyway....i'm looking for something for slide tuning....my ear cant make up its mind -- LoL
i have an old yammy acoustic and thinking of using that , fat heavy gauge strings and shim up the nut .030+/-" or so....
not to high so it doesnt eat up my 1st and 2nd / 3 finger when i want to fret the neck.....

about the delta blues....."GET IT DUDE" i did test "drive" other favorable combo's, bognar was hot too. i'm about to purchase a set of JJ/telsa tubes....and swap it out.....i also have another single 15 cab and gonna purchase a pair of spk'r , looking fwd to see how it can drive 2 15 spk !!!!!!!!!!!

my godin sounds very sweet (wet) and a strat that i picked up after some adjustment i done to it , is totally (fat) awesome dude !!!!
my thnx goes to late on this one....i dont take any credit for this , i was looking for something small and yet wanting a sound , that's "Phat and Wet" this cuts very nice dude !
gain here and attenuate there....its ALL sweet man ! i also tried and tested Lates advice on the dist / OD pedal....on the clean ch....and wow !

i cant wait to test drive the thing "Live" and see how it really sounds on stage.....
for me....the delta blues proved to be the best bang for your buck !
its a hot box for sure ....... yummmmy !

@ separated44
hey dude....
i'm waiting for some brass stock to arrive....
i'm now thinking of fabricating one up in the machine shop....
a brass slide that looks like a wide band ring and has the equal mass of a bar on the neck / string side....
fabricated with double rings so it fits on my 4th(pinky) and 3rd finger.....
i also took messurements of a brigde....and gonna putt around with making a brass floater....
this is gonna be a labor of love ;) "the glory of using a milling machine and lathe"
thx for the idea separated44

cheers
 dannyabe
Msg: 1323
DELTA BLUES AWESOME
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:36:50 AM
@ separated44
dude....at least it paid for you laundry !!!!!! (jk)
about my trade...its ok....what makes it super fantastic is, i can use any machining equipment to fabricate "now my guitar gear"

cool ehhhhhh
 dannyabe
Msg: 1325
Guitar repair
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:23:34 PM
@ LittleMissOrbit
Gman is the guitar gawd !!!
he'll certainly have the right answer for you
he's the man !
 dannyabe
Msg: 1330
Guitar repair
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:07:34 PM
@ stevens

ur gonna swap out the tubes on the delta?
------------------------------------------------
full set of jj/telsa replacements for the 6BQ5/EL84 and of course 12AX7...maybe order next week. for now....its by far, a hot, sweet box for sure just stock !
its gonna sound phat for sure when it becomes a 2 X 15 spk
i'm certain after seeing your web video and your playing style stevens, you're gonna love this combo just the way she sits !

if anyone you can address , i would ask Late he's got the "bull's eye" on amps
 dannyabe
Msg: 1331
Guitar repair
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:16:07 PM
@ guitarman100
thx dude....really do appreciate your advise !
i will contact you in the future, regarding a built tele or strat ?

thx again....
danny
 dannyabe
Msg: 1335
Posted: 3/3/2006 10:17:32 PM
@ late™

thanX late™
your the best dude....anyway
i've swap'd out the first socket with a spare/s "electro harmonix" 12AX7 ---- blahhhhhhh (JJ on the way now-EL84 & 12AX7)
i will take your advice on the NOS for sure and play with the pre'amp section !

about the Weber VST 15A150 50 watt, i'm about to put in a order .....thx again dude

do you or guitarman know of a site that can give me a diagram to constuct my own amp switching box ?
 trevcda
Msg: 1338
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2006 12:29:17 PM
Hi, all...
I need a couple of recommendations.
First, I'm looking for an inexpensive rack mount DI for a small bass rig. More than likely this will be included in a mic or instrument pre of some sort. Or possibly someone's got a way to securely and attractively mount a Radial piece.

Second, I'm looking for a plug in that works well for re-amping duties. Still mostly a linear analog (read tape) and hardware based digital kind of guy so I'm not as up on computer recording as I probably should be.

Thanks for the help.
 dannyabe
Msg: 1340
Posted: 3/5/2006 2:07:52 PM
@ late™
awesome MP3...i love it

thanks again for your input regarding the "diy spk switch"
you saved me a bunch of cash'ola on the tubes dude.....tubes thats not so easy for me to obtain here in BC. wish i was back in ontario right now with my shopping list.
 dannyabe
Msg: 1345
Posted: 3/5/2006 6:37:14 PM
hey separated....
good to see, that you can now say...."its coming together" right on dude !
 dannyabe
Msg: 1353
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:02:37 AM
@ separated44
right on dude.....good on you !
stick to 3 cord pattern for a bit....toss in a "Minor Pentatonic" scale here and there....
and wah'Laaaaaa.....
now you need to find YOUR OWN playing groove and its all good !
 dannyabe
Msg: 1359
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:33:05 AM
@ separated44
hey dude buddy bab'ba....etc
anyway....just like stevens says....practise it all.

what i do sometimes.... when a commercial comes on the tv....i try to play the music i hear.
also....i like to keep my ear trained.....
i like to play tunes on my stereo and use it as a ghost/phantom to play along and stay in timing
gotta get another refi||
 dannyabe
Msg: 1361
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:00:34 PM
guitarman100
dude....john mclauglin is a god "totally"
i find it, that most to all people who been in music for some years , hear the music in there head. (play / rewind / fast fwd) etc.
i can pitch my voice by seeing and hearing the music from with'in .....strange ehhhhh ?
 dannyabe
Msg: 1363
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:03:17 PM
hey Gman....
is there a big difference between a danelectro 9v 200ma power supply vs:

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power AC Universal Power Supply ???
Boss LS2 Line Selector/Power Supply Effects Pedal ???

presently i'm using a single 9v 200ma on a 6 chain power cord....(ds1 / cs3 / boss tuner)
i've added all the Mamps draw on each pedal....according to my math....i am ok with the pedals and tuner.

also...using a morley wah on a single 9v 200ma supply.....the pedal draws that much by it self.
i'm expecting a old vox wah and a boss vol5 pedal on the way from home (ontario) and a boss midi control for my tri'axis pre and midi verb....

getting back to my question....
should i stick with my little 9v power supply (dan electro wall plug'n)
or do i shell out big bucks for the real deal....as mentioned above ?
 dannyabe
Msg: 1365
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:27:49 AM
@ guitarman100
hey gman....great photo of you and your sweetie
ya'h....i get some hum / buzz noises...which reminds me of my vintage gear !
i also get the feeling by how it performs, that , the power supply that comes with the stomp box is not enough to feed the combined 2 pedals plus the tuner....
i also switched with different power supplies from 200 ma to 300 ma....and i got more noise. (grrrrrrrrrrrr)
anyway....
i'll consider the voodoooo i guess.....$$ $$

also.....dude
i love the tele you put together, looks great man....
i'm kind'a thinking of a RG1570 ?

about my triaxis....
i like it....i also frown at times with this unit.
i have my boogie and alesis and some pedals on the way now....ship to me in BC.
gonna try and tie it all in with the delta blues....

now....i just need to have a road case made for me with all my favorite gear mounted , all in one black box !
 dannyabe
Msg: 1369
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:26:18 PM
@ guitarman100 / @ late™

your wah wah
will make the most noise with a normal adapter-do a test
try it with batteries is it quieter
i also re'config the chain many times as well....

the triaxis is cool
I am not a fan of the arrow keys I like knobs and the controls are too jumpy
IE: no bass-to much bass -one click

check out the rocktron Piranha for a tube midi preamp...very cool
cheap too

rg 1570
very nice-maybe talk to me about a custom one
Drop tuning bridge "D-Tuna Drop D Tuning System" or "Floyd Rose Pro" ???
Also neck configuration and fret wire/bar type - locking nut ?
Sperzel trim locks machine or Schaller Locking Tuners
email me an estimate ok ;)

late™ mentioned something that got my attention regarding a "ground loop" ???
i'm not certain but hopeful that the voodoo is my answer....
i also thought of a transformer to choke / suppress the noise....but ?

anyway....thx again guys !
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >