Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dannyabe
Msg: 1379
The guitar player's threadPage 9 of 102    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
hey guys.....
i was reminiscing a bit, and wiggling my fingers to a favorite solo....by jeff beck "cause we ended as lovers" and "free way jam"

anyway....i use the volume pedal rather than the vol pot on the guitar , when playing "cause we ended as lovers"

in my pedal chain....volume pedal is first next to my wah is second.....
at the end of the chain is the comp/sustainer....

i've been changing the order around....
volume pedal at the beginning and at the end....

does it really matter where the volume pedal is in the chain ?

i kind'a like it beside my wah.....
 dannyabe
Msg: 1381
The guitar player's thread
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:33:17 AM
@ guitarman100

I like it last... because you can use it to control any noise created by comp. ,boost,wah pedals
just do a test to see if you lose volume headroom depending on where it is in the chain

yes....i did notice a difference when i had it at the end of the chain....when using the CS5

thx for the reply friend
 dannyabe
Msg: 1386
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:12:29 PM
@ guitarman100

Posted: 3/15/2006 1247 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you have any dwell type of effects
IE - delay or reverb
put them after the volume pedal or in the effects loop
this way the volume pedal does not effect the delay decay
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have a alesis and the triaxis patched to my loop (send / return)
reverb and delay / decay from the alesis

I like to put compression first before the overdrive
I find that if you put it after the overdrive the extra volume gain from the overdrive
causes the threshhold on the compression to squash your signal
i had my compression first followed by the DS1....had to much noise, tweaked and tweaked and tweaked....lost interest and put it back to the end of the chain....

dpdt hard bypass;/true bypass switches can be installed into pedals if you are handy and it isn't some vintage pedal
i have thought about a true bypass switch....i like to fab my own strip one day.
thnx for the info friend...
OD from the amp with a touch of verb and trem is all i need.
but on the other hand....
i like the extra bite...texture and depth....i do enjoy creating with the use of pedals or rack processor.
straight power, noise from the pickups / feedback with a dash of verb, makes beautiful guitar solo.

@ late™

Msg: 1396
Posted: 3/15/2006 136 PM
Dynamic envelope devices, ie: Vol. Pedal/Compression/Limiting/ etc. - really depends on what else you are using, and what you want to accomplish regarding dynamics, .....a compressor in the wrong spot can negate both touch sensitivity, and effects which are dependent on amplitude dynamics (ie: Auto-Filter).
usually last, or late in the signal chain.
i agree....the chain set up i was using, i was becoming frustrated with the compressor.
i have it at the end of the chain...and also before my volume pedal.

It's also worth mentioning that every circuit in the signal path degrades touch sensitivity and signal unity to a degree.
If you want to be able to control your tone and dynamics with your fingers? = Less is More.
Having the option of being able to fully bypass any pedal when it's not "on" is the best pedal of them all.
to many pedals to much noise / signal loss....(i also defeat my own sound quality)
with the few pedals i have....its under control. (sometimes?)

i have my moments were i like to hear the crispness of the strings and working left and right hand to obtain acoustic and percussion / muted sound.
i set my amp at....bass 8/10, mid 2/3, treb 6/+ (pre 5/7) warm thick sound either riffing or chording....

thx for your input Late
now...back to my output
 dannyabe
Msg: 1387
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:13:11 PM
@ guitarman100

((((((((((((( THANK YOU GUITARMAN ))))))))))))

if you want to use both preamps get the banzaii dual bypass

got your email friend....and i'm going to call L&M for one of these units.....
i'm up and playing now.....i cant have both set ups....but, i will when i get a hold of this unit.

dan'o
 dannyabe
Msg: 1389
Posted: 3/17/2006 12:35:14 AM
thanx again dude....btw.....the hush noise filter is a good thing
 dannyabe
Msg: 1397
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:08:12 AM
i gotta tell you ....
i love this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the information is worth evey cent of bandwidth......
you can find heaps of gear head magazines....but none is anything like this thread....
you guys are great for sharing your knowledge....i truely appreciate this !
cheers....you guys are the best
danny abe
 dannyabe
Msg: 1399
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:12:43 PM
@ guitarman100
just awesome man....its perfect !
after config'n and re'config'n....and talking with you and not to mention late....
its great....
as you can see from the photo how i have it rig'd.
i did have my cs-3 first....before, but, switched to the end of the chain....didnt like it there either. it does work best first in this pedal board set up.

i think i'm gonna get the morley volume pedal and dump this boss out the car window one day!
on second thought....i better not....i'll just bust it up to small pieces and send it to thier R&D department....

i'm still waiting for my weber spk tho.....sighhhhhhh
of all my gear collections....i love this set up the most....
i like the option of the mesa pre (tri axis) its "not" bad.....(will search for a rocktron piranha tube unit)
i've mixed and changed out the tubes....ohhhhhh wow man....what an experiance !
the JJ are smooth and i really love my sound now....fat , thick, meaty and most of all, it cuts thro the room / church really nice !

not so sure what to expect on a out door stage ???

dannyabe
Msg: 1406
Posted: 3/27/2006 12:25:16 AM

@ separated44...
Lemme know if yer gonna be near NC or myrtle beach or anything....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey separated my friend....if i get out your way, for sure i'd be happy to drop you a line....
have a few beers with you....sit on some ones steps...pull out the git'box and play together !
why not ehhhh

@ late™-Msg: 1414
And, if you don't NEED a pedal for a set, bypass it completely for the set. I rarely use a wah, I keep it handy and just throw it in the chain as needed. Less pedals = less headaches, on a gig.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
again my friend....thank you many times over again...cant say it enuff (enough)
most of the time i have my pedal board unplugged......its fat and thick and wet'd down a touch of verb....sounds extremely sweet !
i do have fun with my efx and love the gain when i can use it.....
i have many added options now on the little rig....and its my best gig set up ever !
i love it !
cant wait to hear it mic'd and how it sounds from the PA frontend......
thnx dude....ur the best

@ cjwc - Msg: 1417
Has anyone played a Cort lately? I swear.. the Cort MGM model is just as good as a Gibson Les Paul for 1/4 the price.
ya'h....i wiggled my fingers on the "cort" pretty nice....
i do have a collection of vintage guitars/Amps....and the cort line up played really nice....
i dont claim to be a master of the electronic end of these guitar like " guitarman ", i know he's the man that would have answers to knowing about cort.
i also have a godin and proud of its product line...i love this guitar....it plays very nice.
i also have on the way....the A12 godin....i hope to have it hear soon.

cheers
 dannyabe
Msg: 1417
Posted: 3/27/2006 11:18:00 PM
guitarman100
hey friend....this has me thinking....
perhaps a weber in my combo box with a celestion vintage added to second spk cab ?
 dannyabe
Msg: 1432
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:12:40 PM
@ bluesmanon45
hey friend....long time no see....great to see you

@ Late / Guitarman....
guys....i just came across a 1968 Leslie and a 1966 ??? orange bass amp (biggy 2XSPK ???)

the leslie has looks in mint condition and so does 40 years of the dust build up !
i''ll be on my way to have a look at this ....i've been told 1966 orange biggy back bass rig.

any pointers guys ? what should i be looking for beside the obvious ?

more gear and no room to use it .....
 dannyabe
Msg: 1434
Posted: 3/30/2006 9:09:16 AM
thanks late™
i'll post the model number a.s.a.p

thanks friend
 dannyabe
Msg: 1437
THE GUITAR PLAYER'S THREAD
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:57:11 PM
howdy spilly....
myself....i'd love to be a drummer

####################################################

@ Late....
can you give me a model number or something that i can look for ? regards to the leslie and the orange bass amp ?
i hope by this weekend i have it here and i'll photograph the amps for you...or web cam it. either way....

thanks
danny
 dannyabe
Msg: 1439
THE GUITAR PLAYER'S THREAD
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:00:11 AM
Late
i hear you on the model # regarding the leslie....
i was to excited when i realized what i was looking at....
there was way to much dust in the thing to poke my head around and so forth....
but...i did see tubes....the size of pop pop bottles....remind me of my fender bassman head.
(also need a fix on this head unit as well....buzzing / hum / makes me crzy )

anyway....and bout the orange...got'cha on that as well, i'll post this thread regarding a mod with respect to "what do i do now" ???

thanks dude....i admire your contribution to this thread
your info is very usefull....

oh ya....the pop bottle size tubes....well , you know i'm "ex·ag·ger·at·ing"
 Wildcard74
Msg: 1555
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:12:37 AM
I just picked up an Ibanez RG320FMAM electric guitar. I've also got one of those Roland Microcube practice amps. For the past three weeks, I've been taking guitar lessons and I've enjoy it. I can't play a tune and right now I'm learning chords and practicing chord changes.

It was something I've been curious about and have put off doing for years. I've always dreamt about playing guitar and being especially good at it.
 Blown383
Msg: 1675
Posted: 6/22/2006 10:12:09 AM
Holy Crap.... there are WAAAY to many guitar players here!

My set up:

1975 Yamaha Classical
1995 Yamaha Eterna
Modified 2004 Jackson DKMG with scalloped neck and kill switch

Line 6 Spider II amp
Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah pedal.

Soon to acquire:
a) Grandfather’s classical guitar (Uncle Khai…..where is gramp’s guitar!??!?!?!)
b) Fender - Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Stratocaster
c) Ibanez - Paul Gilbert Signature model PGM 301 & 800

-B

Blown383
Msg: 1685
Pick ups and Tremolos?
Posted: 6/25/2006 5:16:15 PM
Okay... I have a 24 fret piranha toothed inlay that came off of my Jackson DKMG when I replaced it with a scalloped neck.

[img]http://www.guitarclick.com/jackson/DKMG_Dinky_xl.jpg[/img]

I recently won a Jackson Kelly body off of Ebay and plan on using this neck for the guitar. Now my question is the choices of pick ups and a tremolo.

[img]http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Product/EG00784.jpg[/img]

I'm thinking either the EMG 81 or 85 in the neck position and possibly finding a cheap EMG HZ for the bridge position because I almost never use the bridge pick up. Which is better? The 81 or 85?

EMG 81
[img]http://www.musicsolutionsstore.com/images/products/small/EMG-81(black.jpg[/img]

EMG 85
[img]http://www.grandmas.com/store_images/EMG-85.jpg[/img]

As for the trem I'm debating on whether to go with the Jackson style licensed trem or the more expensive Original Floyd Rose.

Jackson made licensed Floyd Rose
[img]http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~jaikio/kuvat/floyd.jpg[/img]

Original Floyd Rose
[img]http://www.aampselectricguitarstore.com/images/mm1106_floyd_rose.jpg[/img]

Opinions?

-B
 Strange Days
Msg: 1719
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2006 6:31:39 AM
Newest Gear:A 90's reissue Danelectro u2. Really light, small comfortable neck, snappy response. It feels like a toy and is alot of fun to play.
 TUNG
Msg: 1732
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:19:49 PM
MY WEAPON'S OF CHOICE HMMMM WELL I HAVE A a***NAL OF GUITARS AND GEAR SO IT ACTUALLY DEPENDS ON IF I AM PLAYING LIVE OR RECORDING. FOR MY LIVE RIG I USE 2 FULL STACKS OF CUSTOM MADE CABS LOADED WITH CELESTIONS AND FOR MY AMPS I CHAIN A B52 HEAD WITH THE LOW CONTOUR BONUS AND A MARSHAL JCM 900 DUAL CLEAN SWITCHING. MY RACK IS KINDA OLD SCHOOL BUT IT MOSHES I USE A SANS AMP PSA1 A BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER DUAL ALESIS 31 BAND GRAPHIC EQ'S AND A STERO GATE. MY FAVORITE GUITAR FOR TONE IS MY 1960 GOLDTOP LES PAUL AND FOR THE LOW CRUNCH IS MY IBANEZ 7 STRING BUT OVERALL PLAYABILTY IS MY RG450.

REGARDS; GREG
 TUNG
Msg: 1734
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:37:07 PM
THANK'S FOR THE WELCOME GLAD TO FIND SOME PEOPLE TO CHAT WITH THAT ARE NOT SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THERE HEAD LOL.
 TUNG
Msg: 1742
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2006 7:37:28 AM
Hey paulchino I have tried every polish made and I swear by zymol it's a water based car polish that is absolutly killer and has no harsh addatives that hurt you finish as long as it is not unfinished wood. I think you can get it at wall mart.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >