Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Who lie's more men or women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt
Msg: 26
Who lie's more men or women?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Seams about equal I guess, as I read these forums about past relationships.
I don't lie, and my husband has not lied to me eaither. (That I know of,)
I have had men lie to me in the past though, so I will say men, because I am female, and some have lied to me.
I know some girls that couldn't tell the truth if their life depended on it, so I really don't think there is a good answer for this question. To tell the truth. I don't know. To many people are selfish out there.
 Raven_jch
Msg: 27
Who lie's more men or women?
Posted: 10/22/2005 4:42:35 PM
WOMEN! lol, and as a women I can verify that, not that i am big on lying, it is just that i know women and they lie more, some of them feel they have to because they think that all men are only out for one thing.. a$$. But there are lots of reasons not just those.. but from the people I know that is why they lie.. lol. If this makes sense.
 grplaman
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/22/2005 5:51:59 PM
It's common and acceptable to lie these days.....only because, no one really wants to know the truth.

here's proof:

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

Tact is just not saying true stuff.

All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed Second, it is violently opposed and Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Tell the truth and then run.

Every time I paint a portrait I lose a friend.

People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true.

When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness.

Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.

When I tell any truth it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those who do.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.

Only enemies speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.

Pretty much all the honest truth telling there is in the world is done by children.

Adults find pleasure in deceiving a child. They consider it necessary, but they also enjoy it. The children very quickly figure it out and then practice deception themselves.

I've seen honest faces before. They usually come attached to liars.

Liar's motto: If at first you don't get anywhere by telling the true, lie. It works everytime.

They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth.

In human relationships, kindness and lies are worth a thousand truths.

Raven_jch
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/23/2005 1:11:33 PM
wow all tht is very cynical
 salamander000
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2005 1:22:01 PM
depends, are we talking before, or after sex??
 T,D and H
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/23/2005 1:29:30 PM
How could anyone answer this question? All I know about liars and relationships from my own experience is with women. The rest is just crap I hear from others. Maybe someone who is truly bisexual might have something to offer on this subject.

As far as I'm concerned, people lie - period. Sex has nothing to do with it. Our culture is built upon it and requires lies to exist. The few out there who make an effort to NOT lie usually suffer for it and don't make very appealling role models for the rest to want to follow. We all make choices and have to deal with the consequences, I know where I stand....and I just assume the majority of you are liars. It's ok though, I think there has to be something fundamentally wrong with a person to actually choose to be honest in today's day and age anyway.
 Inkwell
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2005 2:10:04 PM
if lying to themselves counts . . . I think women lie more
 bambi75
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/24/2005 7:17:28 AM
I dunno, gee, i have been hit on my several men who claim to be single. Turns out, a lot of em were married or had a girlfriend. People just lie- PERIOD! There comes a point though when you can tell he/ she is a liar when they first open their mouth!
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/24/2005 7:20:42 AM
It's not a gender issue
 AntisepticX
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/24/2005 7:29:22 AM
Girls Don't Have To Lie.
They Can Flat Out Admit It And Still End Up With The Guy "If He's A Better Deal"
Guys Are Just Stupid.
Girls Know That The Last Thing We Do When They Talk To Us Is Think.
And That If We Do Pay Attention We Take Everything At Face Value,
Or Worse, We Make It Mean What We Wanted It To.
When A Guy Talks To A Girl He Lies Because He Thinks There Are
Rules To Follow When Hunting The Hands Free Orgasm.
Men Lie Even If They Are Happy With What They Have. "Most Of Em'"
Because The Flattery Of Acceptance Is To Good For The Pride
Puppy To Give Up.

Yes, I Know I'm A Dork
 Nursee
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/28/2005 7:25:41 AM
lol, I met a man from this site, profile stated, "single, no kids" when we met, the story that was told to me was single, never married and no children, after little signs, and confronting him, the story changed to WAS married, seperated and 2 kids, then after investigating more, totally married, NOT seperated, living with the wife, and 2 kids.....

Mr_CLEAN on 10/22/2005 516 PM
"Men lie MORE but lie about stupid little things, and on the other hand, women make up the BIGGEST lies."

Damn, if that is what you call "little lies" I would hate to a big one
 yoduh
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/28/2005 8:45:09 AM
make-up is kind of a lie since it hides the truth of their looks. Sooo...

Man, I'm going to get flamed for this. Some men wear makeup too! Not just a women thing. Hopefully that made it better.

as far as verbal, I think it might be around equal judging from my experience. No way to know for sure.
 AntisepticX
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/28/2005 11:40:15 AM
I have a little 5 year old girl, but in my profile I state that I have no children.
That is because she lives over 900 miles away, I have not gainned any visitation rights,
and owe no child support. Sometimes it is just better to contract a separation rather
than grule through the expence and drama of letting the court decide all of the things,
for two people that should be adult enough to find their own solutions.

There really is no spot for something like that in your profile.
And if you are not a liar you will admit it if asked.
But, I bet its not anyones favorite discussion.
Trust me I would love to have my profile state that I have a child,
but my daughters mother needs her more.
I knew I could survive the loneliness, better than she.
A child can motavate you to do amazing things you didn't
know you had in you the ability to achieve.
She needs that, and will it will help her forget about me aswell.

:0 I Have foolishly vented all. That means its time to goto sleep L8R
 nicemale
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/28/2005 12:05:29 PM
Both are the same....
 YamIhere
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2005 12:10:31 PM
All people lie. Your gender doesn’t make you more trustworthy. In my experience, I have found that men will lie about just about any little thing, while women are more likely to lie when it comes to major things. Regardless, gender doesn’t determine how trustworthy you are. There’s no one in the world that is completely trustworthy.
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2005 12:16:02 PM
I think men lay as many women as women lay men....oh sorry, thought you meant something else.
 buzzingbee
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/28/2005 1:17:53 PM
When it comes to lying then it is against

...short legs though.

buzz
 jn5218
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/28/2005 7:42:25 PM
women don't lie, they just don't remember saying it...
 terran991
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/28/2005 7:51:31 PM
Do men lie more than women?
Chronicle of Higher Education (06/06/2004)
By JEFF ELDER

Researchers say no. Some believe women lie more than men.

So why are there a half-dozen books specifically about men lying to women?

Why is this the topic of countless afternoon talk shows? Why did many of the women who read the first line of this story probably think to themselves, "Whatever you try to tell me, buddy, the answer is yes."

Because men and women lie in very different ways. They even have different definitions of what lying is.

And that can make the game of "he said/she said" very dicey indeed.

First, here's the truth on lying: Almost all people of both genders get the ol' polygraph jumpin'.

A 2002 study at the University of Massachusetts found that 60 percent of people tested lied at least once during a 10-minute conversation and told an average of two to three lies.

In a study at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, college students admitted lying to their boyfriends and girlfriends in about one-third of their interactions with each other. They lied to their moms in about one-half of their interactions.

"We're just not practiced at telling the truth," said psychologist Dory Hollander, who interviewed more than 100 men and women for her book "101 Lies Men Tell Women: And Why Women Believe Them."

"We see the truth as brutal. A lie is an easy way out, rather than risking offending someone," Hollander said.

Researchers have found some people who always tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, regardless of the outcome. They tend to have limited and difficult social lives.

Almost everyone lies. But how they lie - especially how the different genders lie - is what can make personal communication so difficult.

How a woman lies: "Oh, I love your hair! No, I don't think you went too far. I might have to get that done myself."

How a man lies: "I'm a millionaire. I'd like to marry before I turn 25. I like your cat."

Hollander and other researchers found that women tend to lie to spare someone's feelings or to avoid conflict. Men tend to lie to make themselves seem more impressive, or to get something (like sex).

Hollander's research found that the two sexes are even different in how they define lying. Women said a lie is an intentional untruth "that hurts someone." Men said a lie was a misstatement of the facts. Not mentioning something was not a lie, many men said.

"Women's lies are not that sexy," Hollander said. "Men's lies can be very creative."

In fact, many researchers have found that women lie to under-report the number of sexual partners they've had.

Women certainly lie to men. But the overall pattern of deception in relationships goes something like this:

Some men lie to make themselves seem more impressive when approaching women. They see the dating game as a competition and think they have to outdo rivals. So they self-aggrandize.

Some men then go on to lie about wanting a lasting, intimate relationship. They assume women want this, and that only by hinting at a relationship can they get love, sex and companionship.

Then they find themselves trapped in a relationship they didn't want, pretending to be someone they're not. So they lie to get space from their partner. Or they lie and cheat on that partner. And finally, they lie to escape.
we're all liars !!
 rain_city
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:10:32 PM
I recently found out that men fake orgasms! I'm flabergasted!
 kyleW
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:13:35 PM
This thread is interesting.

Whoops I lied. Thats one against the men I guess.
 terran991
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:16:29 PM
just how exactly did you find out that men fake it?
 pnayplayr
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:30:01 PM
yea...how is this possible?
 Lethguy26
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:32:37 PM
everyone lies... if you say you don't you are lying
 Greenstar1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:56:18 PM
Let's see...women wear fake eyelashes, cover their skin with makeup to hide naturally occurring flaws, padded push-up bras with fake boobs inside, wigs and hair coloured blonde when it is dark, support briefs to raise their sagging buttocks, waist cinchers to achieve a skinnier look... and if you read the 1963 book "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris, you know that lipstick mimics the blood-engorged vaginal lips, and that eyeshadow gives the appearance of a woman who has had an extended orgasm. Google it if you do not believe me.

Also, it was recently discovered that women who go out on the town, either with gal pals or not, within 72 hours of ovulation, are far more likely to wear shorter skirts, tighter tops, more make-up, higher heels, and generally act like they want to be impregnated.

Women lie constantly to improve their chances of passing on their DNA. It is biological.

And "lie's" is not a word. Look up apostrophe and find out what it is, and how to use it.

And Terran is pretty much spot-on in what she said. Great pic too, btw.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Who lie's more men or women?