Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stillalicious
Msg: 6
speed datingPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I did it and enjoyed myself actually. I wouldn't say it was based all on looks because if you had good questions, then you found out what you wanted to from each person you spoke with. I found many matches when I did it but the only downfall was that the guys I liked were all friends. It is best to attend these events with friends of the opposite sex or by yourself.
If the event is hosted by a company that knows what they are doing, then no one goes out of turn.
 drpookie
Msg: 9
speed dating
Posted: 10/23/2005 4:55:25 PM
Does speed dating automatically mean speed sex too? like a quickie?
 AspyGirl
Msg: 19
speed dating
Posted: 11/11/2009 3:04:10 PM
If in Melbourne try Southern Singles Speed Dating they are a new business and are the cheapest around and have events in the suburbs...
 cabanaboy65
Msg: 27
view profile
History
speed dating
Posted: 11/14/2009 2:20:53 PM
I have done at the public library a few times sometimes its fun and there others its too much fun. I guy walks to all the ladies. some are young enough to be a my daughter and some sre old enough to be my grandmother or mother or that aunt that annoys the crap out of you. I had one meet and greet date out of it she was about ten years older.but nothing came of it. they have it every 1st tuesday night of the month. Some go out as a group to a restaurant. I can say it interesting.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 33
view profile
History
speed dating
Posted: 5/10/2010 4:58:01 PM

Not exactly speed dating, but has anyone been temped to stack up meets for logistics?

i did once, and it definitely was not speed dating. did three first meets in one day in the south bay area of greater l.a.

first was a dud, second was ok, third stood me up. it was exhausting. i wouldn't do it that way again.
 standoutboy
Msg: 36
view profile
History
speed dating
Posted: 5/17/2010 7:21:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My sentiments exactly. I am not surpised at the experiences of the posters you adequately referenced.
After stints on here and another supposedly pay dating website for the 'intellectual minded', I decided to try out speed dating for 21- 35 year olds in my area about two weeks ago. At least I would be meeting women in person, something impossible from my experience online.
You needed to see the look on the face of the first girl, I dated at the event. I did not know if it was a 'I can do better than this' or 'wtf is he doing here,how did he find out about this event' look. It was hard to tell what was going on in her mind but there was this look of displeasure on her face which only lightened up a bit when she found out I was in same profession as she was.
Four of the women could not help but manage to drag in conversations about their exes into three minute dates.
Four of the fifteen women present left at break time giving up the opportunity of dating all the men that were there. One of them actually handed out her number to one of the guys, she spoke to earlier . Presumably, no one else there was ever going to be good for them. I can't be the judge of me, but I d say that all the guys I spoke to at the after event hang out were high achieving, interesting and amiable. Why those girls acted in such a rude and superficial manner, I would never know?
As for me. I took care in making a good impression. Dressed decent, smelt nice, was complimentary and attentive, feigned interest, got a conversation going at every date, tried to be witty and was cheerful all along even when it got boring and repetitive towards the end.

The end result. Not one single match. Back at square one. I think I have run out of options but to follow qrkboy's advice of not trying to become anybody's fantasy. Wait till they grow up and come to reality.
Wise words as they seem but I am not holdong my breath.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 42
speed dating
Posted: 11/18/2010 5:20:02 PM

I guess ladies are a lot pickier than guys.

Pretty much anything in any singles environment, whether it be a singles bar, a website, or speed dating. In reference to hockey, you end up working in a power play environment.
 Walts
Msg: 44
speed dating
Posted: 11/18/2010 5:32:41 PM
I'd do it,,,but I would play by my own rules.

Like,,,,,,go to said meeting place a little late,,,and just hit the bar. As the end nears, I would run out to the exit and wait. Then I would strategically position myself so that I could trip whomever I decided I should. After that I'm sure I would have some bruises to the head,,,,but one of them may just accept a little helping hand from a drunk Irishman.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 46
speed dating
Posted: 11/18/2010 9:57:21 PM
^^^^^define "dates" and "nothing serious"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >