Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 F5Refresher
Msg: 283
Would you date someone with Herpes?Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

im kinda curious as to how a relaionship with someone with an std would go actually. im guessing no kissing , no oral no actual physical genital contact or fluid exchanging.

Sorry didn't reply to that... There's no real difference just awareness. Use condoms. If you want oral, use protection - thought dental dams aren't at all erotic, oral sex is very much each to their own and I'm a little glad more often then not people don't enjoy it. I don't do anything if I feel any different (tingling for example) or if I'm worried.
Of course that doesn't rule out all sexual acts, you can still have foreplay, use sex toys, etc. My biggest hurdle was getting it through my head that it was ok, it didn't change sexual desire or libido in any way. I'm still nervous though and I would NOT be offended in anyway if a partner wanted to wear a condom, gloves and gladwrap lol Hell, that could be considered kinky for some!

You can also mix it up, throw precaution into your sex life with your partner gloved and checking you out for a 'second opinion', showering together afterwards if they feel that way inclined or filling in time (or days) with massages, teasing etc before getting back into the swing of things... so to say.
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 284
Would you date someone with Herpes?
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:52:58 PM
Hmmm well sounds pretty sterile and unappealing to me no doubt i spose if i had herpes id have to learn to live and deal with it. Thankfully ove never gotten an std of any sort "knock on wood" and frankly i dont see a need to force myself into a relationship at this point of my life that involves those types of rituals . I feel bad for the people in those situations dont get me wrong but i dont pretend to really care enuf to get close enuf to them that i might get the disease. Im sure there are enough pretenders out there that are only to happy tO feign compassion and empathy for the sick n dying masses of the world , unfortuately unless the sick n dying are directly within my social sphere i tend to be blatantly honest and. Direct enuf to not really care about em alot. I do however expect the same amt of empathy and compassion from strangers that i give them and i dont judge em either
 CR69_NE
Msg: 285
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:20:44 PM
Speaking as someone with herpes, yes I would. Honestly though the facts are that 25% of American adults have either HSV-1 or HSV-2, so the odds of someone you meet on here having it are pretty good. Most of the time the virus isn't as big of an issue as many make it out to be. Think of it as an annoying relative that comes and stays at your home for a few days, complains constantly then leaves.

You should educate yourself first and then decide if you want to go ahead with it, knowing that you could contract herpes from someone with the virus even if you use protection.

Thanks for listening.
 prettyguyaz
Msg: 286
Posted: 6/26/2012 8:37:30 AM
i would really try not to get involved with someone who has herpes.if thats possible
 Johnnyzehner
Msg: 287
Posted: 6/26/2012 10:25:15 AM
I would, but only because valtrex really works! Use bleach on toothbrushes, etc
 want to travel
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 11:45:23 AM
Not me,but I would be ok with just being friends
 tinroofer
Msg: 289
Posted: 6/26/2012 6:51:46 PM
Valtrex caused abdominal pain for me. I take acyclovir now. (daily) It is also much cheaper.
 bigcalm
Msg: 290
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:07:30 PM
Follow your guts on this one.
 TheReason_
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:30:48 AM
Nope.

Unlike love, herpes is forever.
 Pritymoka
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 5:05:27 PM
Honestly.... I would opt out on that one. She might have Blue Waffle too!
 tinroofer
Msg: 293
Posted: 6/28/2012 8:44:17 PM
I choose to take it everyday for constant viral suppression. It gives me more peace of mind that I'm doing everything I can to reduce the chances of giving it to my current partner, who does not have it. With meds and condoms, the chances are something like 1% per year.

There are other people who only take it when they think they are having an OB. My symptoms are very subtle and are nothing like the pics you find online so this option just wasn't cool for me.
 fabtastic15
Msg: 294
Posted: 7/2/2012 8:53:56 PM
I might have an outbreak once a year and it barely lasts a week. I never have seen a need for the meds because of those side effects. I'm just extremely smart and avoid having sex during those times. I've had it for 6 years now and I have not given it to anyone.
 Scottsdaleboy07
Msg: 295
Posted: 7/2/2012 8:58:08 PM
This is one std I guarantee you dont want. Look up pictures online. Worse yet if you happen to tpuch a sore then rub your eye you can go blind.
 andy1961
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 12:49:42 PM
NO! I absolutely would not!
 WildDNA
Msg: 297
Posted: 7/3/2012 9:40:07 PM

Never.
 mjeff9
Msg: 298
Posted: 7/4/2012 10:10:27 PM
If the person is honest enough to share that with me, i can't see herpes as that big a problem, there are from memory
a couple of different types and many people play around with different people before they settle down, like pashing as many people on new years as possible, a fair percentage of people have it and its not that bigger deal than a common cold, some antibiotics and there right till next time. So in essence it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
 greyhaack
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 10:44:51 AM
I was seeing a girl for almost 2 years and she had herpes. I never know of her having a break-out and I have never ever had any symptoms of it. That was 5 years ago
 danimk
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 3:12:49 PM
i think alot of ppl dont really know wot they r dealing with when it comes to herpes.. some ppls comments make it sound as bad as something like HIV and are very ignorant of the real facts .. it is basically a skin condition.. would u not date someone if they had a coldsore? coldsores are from the herpes virus as is chickpox and shingles it is very common 1 in 10 ppl in britain has it, and 1 in 4 in america.. its obviously not ideal to have it, but the friends i no that have it have never passed it on.. i think it was very brave of her to tell you.. u hear of ppl knowing they have it and not telling ppl n sleeping with them anyway.. which is horrible.. when my friend was diagonosed with it he was distraught.. but after looking at the internet and researching properly he discovered its not the massive deal that every1 makes out.. perhaps u should give her a chance.. im not condoning wot she did but ppl do make massive mistakes in life..
 woodsaw
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 10:44:57 PM
no way in hell dude
 abmccray
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:15:24 AM

If the person is honest enough to share that with me, i can't see herpes as that big a problem, there are from memory
a couple of different types and many people play around with different people before they settle down, like pashing as many people on new years as possible, a fair percentage of people have it and its not that bigger deal than a common cold, some antibiotics and there right till next time. So in essence it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I know this is an old post, but...hahaha. Antibiotics on a virus, huh? Why does this guy think that will work?
 lowmiles2
Msg: 304
Posted: 3/13/2013 9:18:50 AM
I would politely say "NO" and run the opposite direction. I understand life is short but I don't need herpes to complicate the situation.
 Eathealthy66
Msg: 305
Posted: 3/13/2013 12:27:23 PM
NO AND NO THANKS A MILLION AND TEN. THE THOUGHT JUST TERRIFIES ME AND MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH.
dont need to think twice for this question, bleck
 simplyme60440
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:14:37 PM
My soon to be ex had herpes when I married him. I knew the chances but we always made sure we were careful. He knew his body well and knew if there was an outbreak starting. Those times we abstained. Every other time even without an outbreak we used condoms. There were a couple times we used nothing which is how we got our sons but mostly we stayed protected. I have never contracted herpes and we were sexually active together for around at least 6 of those years (don't ask). On the flip side my best friend has herpes. No they weren't together. :) Her and her husband have been together and sexually active for 10 years. Her husband has never contracted the disease either.
My point is don't let this be the deal breaker. It is completely possible to have a sexual relationship without the other person contracting anything. If she knows her body well she will know when to avoid sexual contact. Good luck.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2018 4:09:44 AM
Have read a # of profiles and have talked to some who have contracted Herpes and in saying that have also read on the subject....there's a time to play and a time not to....that would have to be understood....UNLESS your good with a sexless relationship but there's always mutual masturbation along with other alternatives..... sign of the times IF everyone is honest and up-front on any conditions they might have.....good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >