Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bblade2001
Msg: 177
Would you date someone with Herpes?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
hey j*rkoff.... the next time you stick your unwrapped wienie in some girl youve met ... keep this in mind nearly 85% of infected women and men dont know they have it and it is not tested for in a std work up unless specifically requested ... you could have it right now and not know it ... and if you do catch it... reread what you just posted right after your diagnosis then cry yourself to sleep
 One_of_Five
Msg: 178
Would you date someone with Herpes?
Posted: 7/15/2011 10:35:32 AM
As someone with herpes and having it openly in my profile, I just thought I'll let you know what kind of emails I get:

- I don't tell them I have it, it's real safe when I use a condom.
- I think I might have it, but never got tested.. so who will ever know?
- It's almost impossible to pass it on to a guy, so why would I tell him?

There are a lot of positive people who are not telling a sexual partner! This probably doesn't stop at herpes.... and as the previous post said: Lots don't know!

Stay safe.
 haden6869
Msg: 179
Posted: 7/16/2011 5:39:42 AM
Yes men do have signs and will know when they are in an "outbreak". It's basicaly a "cold sore" on your privates. The "ONLY REAL WAY" to know for sure that you have genital herpes is to get a culture done of the sore when in an outbreak. I blood test will test positive (if you have ever had a fever blister by your mouth) but will not tell you which "herpes simplex" you have. This info I know because the doctor told me so once when I was concerned because I heard that an ex had it after we broke up...... By the way a person with a cold sore performing oral on you can cause you to end up with genital herpes............................................

All this being said...Yes I would date a lady with genital herpes.
 Stumbled In
Msg: 180
Posted: 7/16/2011 8:08:13 AM

The "ONLY REAL WAY" to know for sure that you have genital herpes is to get a culture done of the sore when in an outbreak. I blood test will test positive (if you have ever had a fever blister by your mouth) but will not tell you which "herpes simplex" you have. This info I know because the doctor told me so

This info would have been accurate a few years ago but times have changed. The newer blood tests have no problem distinguishing between Type 1 and/or Type 2. The drawback though, is a blood test can't determine the location of an infection. In other words, a positive result for Type 1 might be an oral infection or it might be genital. And the myth that Type 1 is only oral is just that. A myth.
In addition, there's a blood test available that detects only Type 2 (doesn't recognize Type 1 antibodies at all), it can be done in a doctors office, with results in 5 minutes (no waiting days or weeks for lab results). AND it's less expensive than most other blood tests. Problem is, most docs are unaware of it. Not sure why. I guess the company just isn't very good at getting the word out.
Having said all that, a viral culture is still a good choice for diagnosis and a positive result is very reliable. But there are two problems with that kind of test. First, there has to be an outbreak available to swab and most people with herpes don't have outbreaks or other symptoms. Second, a negative result doesn't really tell you much because viral culture tests have a 50% false negative rate (meaning, when it should be positive, the test misses it half the time).
Bottom line, if you have no symptoms, a blood test is your only choice. And there are several reliable tests available. You won't know whether an infection is oral or genital but at least you'll know something. And if there IS an outbreak to test, get the viral culture test. If it's positive, you can bank on it. If it's negative, do it again..... and again. Until you find out what else is causing the symptoms.
...... just my 2 cents......
 Archangel_07
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:25:35 AM
I think all people with the disease should be tatooed somewhere so us clean people dont catch your disease as to the question no i wouldnt date someone with a disease
^^^

Hey ****aya ( To the person that written this ),
who died and made you God huh? To some people that got an std, all it took was one time to have sex, it doesn't mean they sleep around. I'm talking to someone that has an std and she ended up getting it from her boyfriend that she was very serious with 4 6 years because her boyfriend cheated on her, she ended up getting it, she called him out on his shit and he denies it. Which is utter BS.

You treat people with an std as if they are scum of the earth, one day you just might be the very same person as the rest of the people that suffer from herpes or any other std and when that day comes then you will learn not to sound so judgmental.

I have the cold sore virus and I got it from KISSING on a date with someone that did not tell me that she has cold sores which she got dumped as soon as I found out by the doctor, ( even tho I'm not proud to admit that ) you think because I have it's the end of my life. Think again, I only had one cold sore once so far and that was all the way in may and the size of it was so small it unnoticeable but I knew it was there on my near my top lip.

Anywayz to each their own
 TheRedSkittles
Msg: 182
Would you date .......
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:45:43 PM
LMAO ,i had no idea the forums could be so much fun , y'all talk about everything
i almost didn't want to click this link
 northwoods57
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/17/2011 5:17:23 PM
date yes, but no sex! Herpes is contagious, as LONG as there are no open wounds on their body.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 184
Posted: 10/25/2011 8:30:39 AM
Not sure what I would do! Depends on the situtation! If the woman was someone I just met then I probably would not date her any more. I would be upset if the woman waited to till me after we had sex or kissed. Who knows from the research I think most people have herpes 1 the cold sores. Studies show 90% of the population has that. I read 50% of the population has herpes 2 genital herpes. Since most people have good immune systems they show no signs. It would be different if a woman said she had HIV or full blown AIDS. I could not do that.
 mykol79
Msg: 185
Posted: 10/25/2011 9:56:57 AM
daten somebody with herps not good mann its like putn one bullet in the gun and giveN it a spin if you know what i mean you may go 5years with out gettn them but them BUT THEM lil love blisters will pop up they always do so be careful my friend HERPS ARE LIKE DIMONDS BABBY THERE FOREVER!!!!!!!! LOL TRUE STORY;) mykol
 Agallah005
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/16/2011 3:16:02 PM
YES I WOULD ....have you ever read up on Herpes? first of all it's harmless if anything you get blisters and some other BS, but otherwise, the person with HERPES is very well fit and eating healthier than most people without this Social condition. I would definitely becuase they are proactive in safe sex....

better than messing around with people who DO NOT take care of themselves...which alot people don't no matter some of you may say...Herpes keeps people on a constant monitoring of their health, so to me it's all good....

YES it's a DISEASE, but it's not a bad one becuase you don't die...it's just a bunch of blisters that will burn or hurt or itch when you're having an outbreak. I'd rather have that than some type of cancer

go onto a Herpes site to get some information and even register with a Herpes dating site(I did when I dated a girl with herpes and never contracted it) there are some fine women....finer than the ones on here...I'm just saying...women with Herpes have to...no, NEED TO take care of themselves...so they look better than the average woman...

I believe it's a social disease because most of the people that catch it are sexually active and are very pretty, look at all the movie stars that have it dating one another...I'd still bang Parish Hilton, :D
 MikeWM
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 4:26:42 PM

date yes, but no sex! Herpes is contagious, as LONG as there are no open wounds on their body

But a gaping axe wound isnt a "real" wound though is it?
 cin____dy
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/26/2011 5:42:53 PM
What an honerable woman. That should tell you something about her fine character.
I don't have casual sex, and if a person told me that I would want to make sure we had a relationship that was one to be serious. The person with herpes must be very communicative and use protection. But, I would consider the person's whole self such as Character! Which she shows she has!
 cin____dy
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/26/2011 5:45:57 PM
xxxssammiexxx!
You are wrong, not always can you tell if the person is having an outbreak, often it is so minor that you don't know right away. It is risky and you are at risk to get it. This is something many people live with, it is costly with the medicines costing a lot and very hard for them, painful and difficult.
But telling people it's no problem and you can have safe healthy sex without getting it, is misleading people.
Also using protection does not mean you can't get it. It isn't like aids prevention,where fluids are obstructed by use of protection. It is a whole different sexual disease.
 juliancannon1990
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/26/2011 5:54:43 PM
hell no i would not, what is more important, your health or some girl
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:48:55 PM
For me the ultimate is LOVE, if it's the right one then yes, and yes ive read some of the idiotic comments on here for a while now. Herpes is a unwelcomed gift by all and shunned by the immature and the ones looking to get well you know. Yes i understand it's a serious, contagious disease 1/4 have it. Yes those with cold sores actually have it so don't be fooled. You could be wined and dined (girls perspective) by the most incredible man you have ever met but who isn't a card carrying member. Few months forward yelling leads to screaming, screaming leads to punching etc. you catch my drift. It is controllable illness and one day there maybe ( if not now but now disclosed for some moronic reason) a cure but for A..HOLES no!!. If you are looking for a serious relationship then get to know the person intimately before getting intimate if they are the completely understandable type exchange papers lol. If you are bed hopping then wear protection always and pray because just because you are wearing the glove doesn't mean you aint getting the gift. Even kissing can be risky. Just becareful my friends.
 itechman63
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:42:46 AM
If I was younger I'd be less inclined to say yes, but I am aware that there are precautions and timing that can mean that intimacy does not lead to infection. So if a woman with Herpes presents the qualities I like in a long term relationship then yes I would date her and if the relationship grows from there, we can deal with the challenges together.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:34:28 PM
I have been having unprotected sex for 3 months, I have herpes and my sexual partner does not. He went to get tested and he is clean we still have sex without protection... I never break out and have no signes I dont see why everyone think herpes is so bad..

Thank you for that rare bit of sanity in this thread.

I've dated several women with herpes over the years, including my longest live together relationship. I never got it, or at least I've never tested positive for it and have never had a past lover suggest I might have passed it on to her.

In my experience, women who have had herpes for a while know when an outbreak is coming on and depending on the location of the outbreak we could either avoid that area or abstain until the outbreak passed.

I knew there was always the chance I'd contract it, and accepted that risk in order to be able to make love with a woman I loved. I haven't researched it lately, but from what I could gather it would be more of a nuisance than anything, with perhaps the biggest hassle the need to share the knowledge with any future lovers.

I do have my deal breakers, but herpes certainly isn't one of them.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:09:50 PM
I googled and looked at the pics. Nothing looked at all like what I've seen in the outbreaks of those I knew who had herpes. I assume those are worst case pics, and yeah, they look pretty bad.

I could do the same by looking at pictures from victims of car wrecks, yet we all still drive. In both cases it makes sense to take reasonable precautions.

I didn't mean to say "don't worry at all about it". I did mean to say don't let the concept of herpes paralyze you or deny you the opportunity for a rewarding relationship.

People with herpes are not lepers. We mix and mingle with them in every day life all the time. They lead fulfilling lives including healthy sex lives.

Reasonable precautions do make sense. Refusing to date someone with herpes does not, in my opinion.

There are many examples of people having sex with people with herpes without contracting it themselves. I'm just one of those examples.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 9:32:42 PM
lol@M_Church....

why should he (waterfall) google it?? he us saying that he has had RELATIONSHIPS with women who were HSV+ and has seen it in real life... with real people.... who have normal lives with it... pics online are horrible.... the average person with herpes doesn't have a horrible time... many people who have it never have outbreaks..... especially the longer they have it....

who has better information?? real life or the internet??
 southernbabe03
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:18:15 PM
My suggestion is if this happens to any of you, do some research on it so you are more informed and know how to handle yourself if told.
I did my research.
There are medications to keep it under control, but no cure.
Using protection is the best way to prevent infection.
Do not perform oral sex on a person with it, ever, even if they do not have an outbreak.
Many people have it and live with it.
They have sex on a regular basis and never spread it.
Knowledge is key!
More people have it than you think.
Research is good, do yours today!
I learned a lot from it.
That is one reason I believe in love and a realtionship before sex.
Casual sex is dangerous, one night stands are too.
I don't have them!
 southernbabe03
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:21:49 PM
klove066, showering will not stop the spread of herpes, you definitely need to research the diease.
You can't wash it off!
It is a virus, the same one that causes chicken pox and shingles.
 Knight_Mark
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:49:58 AM
Have you ever seen any Herpes photos that were just a couple of tiny blisters? Sometimes they are horrible for some people but most outbreaks for people are not near that severe.

After a person catches the virus the initial outbreaks can be a lot worse but as time passes the outbreaks are less often and less intense.

I've had HSV2 for more than 24 years and it doesn't do anyone any good to focus on the worst case scenario. Grow up!
 koa19
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:20:35 AM
She is obviously a Pig, have at it!!!!
 drainthrees
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/31/2012 6:45:36 AM
Agreed herpes can happen to anyone of us without it can be contracted even through someone who had no visible symptoms
 CheetahsAreFast
Msg: 201
Posted: 2/2/2012 4:47:39 PM
I dated a woman for 10 years and she had herpes the entire time and I am fine. Just had myself tested for both types and came out clean.

Prior to dating her she had herpes for 15 years or so though and knew all the signs of an onset. We didn't mess around during those times. She never had breakouts like you see on the internet. She would get like a pimple in her vulva area or around behind above her anus. It would never break as she always took meds when an onset arived.

I think you can have a just fine sex life with someone that has it.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >