Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jennink26
Msg: 257
Would you date someone with Herpes?Page 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I wouldn't if I knew they had it. Sorry I just prefer not to get any STDS. Never had chicken pox or fever blisters.
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 260
Would you date someone with Herpes?
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:02:02 AM
well i can say i feel for your plight tinroofer, and ive never said the people that have it deserve it or slept around to get it , as far as i know it can be gotten pretty much in any way a person can imagine, frankly medical advances leave alot to be desired as far as self protection from diseases, frankly its in the medical profession best interests to let people get them rather than prevent them .
yah dating someone with just a disease as a staple is pretty much dumb, but im sure there are a great many other people out there that you havent met yet that you may have a few more things in common with , hell most people these days dont even have a disease in common, most just have a sense of lust n then its over .

alot of people have been rambling on about communication and education as a means to not get the disease, yet how many people that got the disease had an education and communicated, and low and behold they got it to!!
sure herpes is a cold sore, slightly different version of it we are talking about in this post tho we arent talking about a garden variety cold sore that goes away in a few days , as tinroofer can attest it is a stigma that is eternal, obviously having it hasnt made her life any better so why would so many people be pretending that its not a big deal.
im a germophobe so i really dont knowingly sit down and talk to people with contagious diseases, not even the common cold. its not the person i avoid its the germs. so sorry if some people presume that makes me a monster .

i know if i had it id prefer to be on a colony with people like myself who i could freely associate with and hopefully find someone i had more than just the disease in common with. i can only imagine how id feel if i had the disease and some nice girl opted to date me anyways, and then i gave it to her.
id prefer to not have that guilt on my head for the rest of my days .
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 268
Posted: 5/1/2012 3:11:26 AM
keyword there being "moral" we live in an immoral society, further pushed to extremes due to the ideologies of capitalism . ie i take what i want and you can scrounge for what u want.
people dont tell u or give u anything unless it somehow benefits them, sexually economically or in some other way .
people at 35 are no more apt to want a disease than a person of any age, anyone that pretends they are into getting a disease " because they are to old to care" is just fooling themselves. especially a highly contagious communicable disease. an older person even tho they have a foot in the grave still have to associte with people on a daily basis. ie co workers, kids, grandkids, spouses etc. so if you seem to think that just because you get a disease it only affects you , your completely wrong and your mindset is completely and solely selfish. u have a duty to try and stop the spreading of diseases and at a certain age one would hope youd clued into that fact.
if i had a kid n a grandparent had one fo those disease the only way theyd see the kid is thru a bubble or a window, and if the grandparent willfully got the disease theyd be banned from ever seeing my kids .

as far as im concerned if you willfully get the disease, you give up the rights due to your own poor judgement , frankly you should pay for your own medications as well .
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2012 8:51:54 AM

a highly contagious communicable disease.

are we still talking about herpes??? because yes it is contagious... but not HIGHLY.... if it were highly that would mean you could get it from casual contact which you can't.....

if i had a kid n a grandparent had one fo those disease the only way theyd see the kid is thru a bubble or a window, and if the grandparent willfully got the disease theyd be banned from ever seeing my kids .

are you serious??? you must have a horrible relationship with your parents if you would be so quick to ban them from your life for something you can't get casually.......

I have a friend who is HIV positive... so she shouldn't be allowed in my house if there are kids there??? should she have her own kids removed from her care??? because her kids aren't positive... neither is her NEW husband who married her knowing she is HIV positive......

I have another friend who has HPV and is dying from the cancer now... so should I ban her from my house too???

I have a co-worker who has cold sores often... should I quit my job and not be around her???

I don't care how any of them got what they have.... it isn't relevant.... they are my friends.... they are good people.... stuff happens to good people too....

Educate yourself on HOW people catch things.... it is fine if you don't want to have the kind of intimate relationship you would need to have with someone to catch it.... but eliminating people from your life because of if... sad.... and judgmental....
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 271
Posted: 5/1/2012 2:05:58 PM
actually yes they should be, just because you dont care about catching stuff doesnt mean everyone should be as reckless .
how can ya say it isnt highly communicable lol it only takes one time to catch it .
people keep yammering about educate yourself , you mean to go and read up what drs are putting out? information that may be up to 25 yrs out of date already . there isnt any current information . hell they dont even put out new drugs anymore just keep splashing out 20 to 30 yr old pills
u seem to oput alot of faith in a medical system bent on the treatment of diseases rather than the curing of them .
frankly your thoughts about the worth of certain people and how nice they are ,arent really relelvant as noone said they werent nice people . hell typhoid mary was probably a great woman
judgemental ... maybe however putting innocent people with out a choice at risk due to your own stubborness is ignorant and frankly its you making the judgment call for them so how are you any less judgmental than i am . whats wrong with making a judgement as to who u choose to associate with anyways? we have the freedom and the rights to back up them small freedoms. and u think im bad because i choose to avoid harmful stuations rather than delve into them? so by your logic since ... nvm i could draw all kinds of silly things to make you ideas sound as drastic as you try to make mine but i wont .
and yes if you have a co worker with open sores oozing fluid s , yah avoiding that person may be a good idea, i know i would ,

Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 273
Posted: 5/1/2012 3:38:56 PM
hmm well u can and do seem to draw a lot of lines on what i say , these are your own ideas however, the info on herpes is outdated there havent been any recent or even current breakthrus or information in many yrs .
but hey ur free to go get herpes if thats your choice im not standing in your way ,
im out there working , not dating and if i chose to date someone yah there would be std tests taken before we went further, i realize some of you out there are just happy to get a moments attention tho so a test or asking for one is probably not going to fit into the time restraints that most modern relationships hinge upon .

i actually did hve a friend a long time ago that had an std , frankly even tho she was a nice person, i still didnt want it and didnt wanna take the chance of contracting it so ya i found a new friend , im such a monster lol
friends are cheap and so is life so get over it. we are here for a finite amt of time and im not prepared to jeapordize it by hanging out and dating the ones with stds.
if that makes me close minded then so be it,
funny really how many sub cultures like to sit in judgement and call other close minded when they dont opt to go along with their silly ideas, you dont like gays? omg your a close minded judgemental homophobe, you dont like trannies . omg your close minded and judgemental . you dont like etc etc etc
you guys need a new mantra as noone really pays attention to that silly mental attack used to sway and manipulate the weak minded masses
u seem to think the medical establishment is out there to save and protect us. the info they provide is ironclad n bulletproof
watch a movie called "the burzynski movie". its about the people being treated with todays most modern cancer treatments. however the most modern up to date treatments are like 30 yrs old

you go watch that movie then come back and let me hear about how much faith u have in the advice and education provided to us by an elite group of opportunists .

http://www.burzynskimovie.com/
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 275
Posted: 5/1/2012 4:20:24 PM
you are free to , thats the risk you choose to take by trying or thinking of dating someone with any communicable disease, quit being nieve. i used the word " you" only as a directional word. not as a finger pointing directly at you, however you choose to take it tho noone can make u take it the way its meant.
who did i put down? i made valid comments about the post and only backed up the assertion with my own reasons why i wouldnt.
just because my reasons are based more in fact then emotion doesnt make mine any less valid.
what information have u given other than telling ppl to educate themselves,
all the education in the world wont stop the inevitable, somewhere down the line something will slip , either a rubber will fail , some fluids will be left on the others body etc . if education alone would solve everything , then thered be no diseases
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 277
Posted: 5/1/2012 5:47:33 PM
So ur best info is to realize all thesafety ideas out there to stop the spread of the disease are fallible however if u feel a spark youll go for it anyways? Lol n ur calling me names? Wow dont i feel silly now
How bout i just avoid them and u go read the silly websites and play russian roulette in the sack
In fact i just posed tr question to the guys in the lunch room here approx 20 ppl all said hell no
Not even a maybe lol
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 281
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:12:20 AM
well thats great f5 unfortunately not everyone is as open or as honest about it as you. as i said all the education on earth cant guarantee you wont get it ,
im curious what was you opinion about it prior to getting it, would u have actively sought out someone with herpes to date prior?
im kinda curious as to how a relaionship with someone with an std would go actually. im guessing no kissing , no oral no actual physical genital contact or fluid exchanging.
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 284
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:52:58 PM
Hmmm well sounds pretty sterile and unappealing to me no doubt i spose if i had herpes id have to learn to live and deal with it. Thankfully ove never gotten an std of any sort "knock on wood" and frankly i dont see a need to force myself into a relationship at this point of my life that involves those types of rituals . I feel bad for the people in those situations dont get me wrong but i dont pretend to really care enuf to get close enuf to them that i might get the disease. Im sure there are enough pretenders out there that are only to happy tO feign compassion and empathy for the sick n dying masses of the world , unfortuately unless the sick n dying are directly within my social sphere i tend to be blatantly honest and. Direct enuf to not really care about em alot. I do however expect the same amt of empathy and compassion from strangers that i give them and i dont judge em either
 want to travel
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 11:45:23 AM
Not me,but I would be ok with just being friends
 TheReason_
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:30:48 AM
Nope.

Unlike love, herpes is forever.
 Pritymoka
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 5:05:27 PM
Honestly.... I would opt out on that one. She might have Blue Waffle too!
 fabtastic15
Msg: 294
Posted: 7/2/2012 8:53:56 PM
I might have an outbreak once a year and it barely lasts a week. I never have seen a need for the meds because of those side effects. I'm just extremely smart and avoid having sex during those times. I've had it for 6 years now and I have not given it to anyone.
 andy1961
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 12:49:42 PM
NO! I absolutely would not!
 mjeff9
Msg: 298
Posted: 7/4/2012 10:10:27 PM
If the person is honest enough to share that with me, i can't see herpes as that big a problem, there are from memory
a couple of different types and many people play around with different people before they settle down, like pashing as many people on new years as possible, a fair percentage of people have it and its not that bigger deal than a common cold, some antibiotics and there right till next time. So in essence it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
 greyhaack
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 10:44:51 AM
I was seeing a girl for almost 2 years and she had herpes. I never know of her having a break-out and I have never ever had any symptoms of it. That was 5 years ago
 danimk
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 3:12:49 PM
i think alot of ppl dont really know wot they r dealing with when it comes to herpes.. some ppls comments make it sound as bad as something like HIV and are very ignorant of the real facts .. it is basically a skin condition.. would u not date someone if they had a coldsore? coldsores are from the herpes virus as is chickpox and shingles it is very common 1 in 10 ppl in britain has it, and 1 in 4 in america.. its obviously not ideal to have it, but the friends i no that have it have never passed it on.. i think it was very brave of her to tell you.. u hear of ppl knowing they have it and not telling ppl n sleeping with them anyway.. which is horrible.. when my friend was diagonosed with it he was distraught.. but after looking at the internet and researching properly he discovered its not the massive deal that every1 makes out.. perhaps u should give her a chance.. im not condoning wot she did but ppl do make massive mistakes in life..
 woodsaw
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 10:44:57 PM
no way in hell dude
 abmccray
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:15:24 AM

If the person is honest enough to share that with me, i can't see herpes as that big a problem, there are from memory
a couple of different types and many people play around with different people before they settle down, like pashing as many people on new years as possible, a fair percentage of people have it and its not that bigger deal than a common cold, some antibiotics and there right till next time. So in essence it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I know this is an old post, but...hahaha. Antibiotics on a virus, huh? Why does this guy think that will work?
 lowmiles2
Msg: 304
Posted: 3/13/2013 9:18:50 AM
I would politely say "NO" and run the opposite direction. I understand life is short but I don't need herpes to complicate the situation.
 Eathealthy66
Msg: 305
Posted: 3/13/2013 12:27:23 PM
NO AND NO THANKS A MILLION AND TEN. THE THOUGHT JUST TERRIFIES ME AND MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH.
dont need to think twice for this question, bleck
 simplyme60440
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:14:37 PM
My soon to be ex had herpes when I married him. I knew the chances but we always made sure we were careful. He knew his body well and knew if there was an outbreak starting. Those times we abstained. Every other time even without an outbreak we used condoms. There were a couple times we used nothing which is how we got our sons but mostly we stayed protected. I have never contracted herpes and we were sexually active together for around at least 6 of those years (don't ask). On the flip side my best friend has herpes. No they weren't together. :) Her and her husband have been together and sexually active for 10 years. Her husband has never contracted the disease either.
My point is don't let this be the deal breaker. It is completely possible to have a sexual relationship without the other person contracting anything. If she knows her body well she will know when to avoid sexual contact. Good luck.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2018 4:09:44 AM
Have read a # of profiles and have talked to some who have contracted Herpes and in saying that have also read on the subject....there's a time to play and a time not to....that would have to be understood....UNLESS your good with a sexless relationship but there's always mutual masturbation along with other alternatives..... sign of the times IF everyone is honest and up-front on any conditions they might have.....good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >