Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Name the number one thing keeping you single..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DivineBovine
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Name the number one thing keeping you single..Page 3 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

I will find love and love will find me again.

i used to think that, but now i'm not so sure...
 oneafternoon
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:17:59 AM
Divine ... love will find you!
 dud
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:40:40 AM
"a big one"

ok, that was just tmi

LOL jk, good luck ER you definitely deserve to be happy!
 singdiva78
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2005 12:20:49 AM
I am still single because I want what I can't have. I have always liked being the aggressor in my relationships. I like the thrill of the chase. When I catch my prey I throw it back and look for the next moving target. If it comes to easily there is no attraction for me. When I do find nice relationship ready men I wonder what is wrong with them and I set out on a mission of self sabatoge.....that should win me lots of dates on here!!
 CndlitenWine
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/12/2005 6:37:52 AM
I'm pretty selective, that's my choice to be that way. I'm not out to date a string of men. I'm truly looking for someone special and have a serious relationship with. I've been told that I limit myself because of that. At this point in my life I know the type of guy that attracts me and if I pursue something with him it's because I am attracted to him in more than one way .... his personality, sense of humour, values and yes... those butterflies when I look at him play a factor too.
Probably my biggest thing is that I hate playing "the Dating game". I recently threw caution to the wind, took a chance and broke one of the "Dating Rules" I've never broken before with someone that I would like to get to know better. He's a great guy and I enjoy being with him. If I've screwed up by not "playing the game" then so be it.... another lesson learned I guess. Like Shedevil said : " to trust is to know, and to do that, is to take a chance maybe, but throw caution to the wind??? maybe once you meet, get that gut feeling, and go with it? yes, it's that simple. ... there is always the one, where you take the chance........as long as they will give you the benefit of the doubt and realize it might be worth it to get to know each other"..........
 dkidd007
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/14/2005 2:21:27 AM
i keep getting lets be friends then never hear from them line
 livelovelaugh
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/14/2005 6:44:27 PM
swtnsssy -
I'm a single mom to three kids also - with twins ! I think sometimes we remain single because we devote so much time to our kids, who after all deserve it . However I also think that this makes us stronger , we have more love to give to others and are more generally aware of whats important in life and can let the smaller stuff go.
On a personal note - keep strong. Having 3 including twins is tough when you're healthy so know that my thoughts are with you .
And I know that the man that grabs you will be a very lucky/smart guy.
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 2:39:48 AM
My number one reason, huh? Perhaps the best way I can answer that is to sum up most of my reasons for being single into a single word... restrictions. It could be because they do drugs... it could be because I'm not wealthy... it could be because I'm not quite handsome enough... it could be because... well... whatever the case may be.
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 4:05:10 AM
Thank you for the kind welcome resilient1.

BigDaddyRogue
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/15/2005 8:26:23 AM
Trust is something that is earned ..it is also however somethign that intially has to be granted to an extent.

You will always find something that seems a little off or not right if you scrutunize anythign hard enough...go through somones personal stuff you are bound to find somethign that gets your mind thinking .....does this mean somethign is up? Or does it mean we have just let our fears lead us to a false insecurity...

Find someone your heart aches for and give them the benefit of the doubt and give them your trust... if they violate it your the better one anyhow and at least you know you tried...sad when you let a fear of being hurt define how the relationship develops... not a good building stone to work from when y ou think about it.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2005 8:36:56 AM
Being able too see dead people!
 ClearCreek
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/28/2005 3:46:23 PM
location i live in the country get a map Clear Creek one store ,one gas pump,they use your name as a address someting like santa clause.. send it i get it ..send a letter to ross johnston Clear Creek i get it ...don't send it to the north pole lack of single women with no children could be contrubiting to this as well...I like to make my own lol
 hamiltonblueeyes
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:04:35 AM
for some reason men see me as just a buddy
 sledracer
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:10:46 AM
Im here still in hopes that I might find that special girl,the one who will bust my cherry
 hawkrave
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:01:35 AM
I think I am single because of some of the things I like to do. Alot of the guys I meet are the hang out at home type. I mean that is cool some of the time and in the winter when there isn't camping to do. But in the summer I love to be out there doing things with friends and exploring. Seeing new places and new things.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/14/2006 10:34:43 PM
Well it could be I am not trying hard enough to find my specal lady .
But then if she is on here she can contact me.
But no real number one thing unless being honest/caring and a romantic type fun loving guy is a bad thing !!
But then could be women are seeking more then I am offering or they don't really want any guy full time .
Maybe women should answer what is keeping them single and that would give us guys something to go by .
 jeepbooy
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/14/2006 10:35:43 PM
My ex when she took me to the cleaners.
 bluedew
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/15/2006 1:34:09 AM
Taking it slow, wasn't ready, nobody mailing me who clicks with me and likes doing what I enjoy doing. Havn't met my match yet, read and deleted so many times I gave up for a bit.
 d-belle
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/25/2006 6:23:21 PM
I'm the opposite Irisheyes.....I don't open up enough and I send out "just friend" vibes.....or so I'm told......far too often.
 sweetsuzie
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/6/2006 9:28:41 AM
I am single,,,BY CHOICE!!!!!!
oNE DAY I HOPE TO FALL IN LOVE,,BUT NOT RITE,HAVING TO MUCH FUN,,,,
 abbygail
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 9:51:30 AM
Interesting thread folks,

I guess I am with greanize,,, I guess I have yet to meet someone that it is a mutual thing, and for me it has to be deeper than just physical lust,,, which is fine,, if that is all one is looking for,,,

For me, a lot of the time, I can't read the signals,,, I just think they are being naturally friendly and just looking to be a pal with me,,, nothing else. Plus, sometimes with men that I am interested in at least, I tend to be private, (not shy, which is different), just not revealing enough of myself to interest a guy I like enough I guess,,,plus I am looking for a strong personality who is not scared or intimated by a woman that is strong, confident and self-assured in who she is and strong and confident about her sexuality.
 abbygail
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 9:54:38 AM
OOPS,,, I forgot to add another reason here, I am having a blast being single, enjoying spending time with friends (YAYYYY for patio nights) and just doing stuff with my really close friends,, just having fun, and not really in any hurry, if it happens, it happens, if not, that is fine too,,, LIFE IS A BLAST

Life is a wonderful ride, meant to be enjoyed, use up your body not to go plodding along, afraid to do anything, in case you get hurt ,,,, and a slip slidding ride into the grave,,,, yelling 'WHAT A RIDE"
 BigIDFish
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/6/2006 10:53:24 AM
Probably the leash...

Actually, I'm shy.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/6/2006 6:56:50 PM
well what did you expect when he tried dibbing you himself and that didn't work??? plus that gas guy had a nice shaved head!
 VainH
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2006 7:16:37 AM
Haven't found the right woman, or I'm looking in the wrong places. Mind you, I'm not looking all that hard. I don't need to be with someone. After a particularly nasty experience, I took a nice long break from relationships, 2 years after no more than 6 months single between the ages of 16 and 30, and got to know myself better. There is a want, but I'm perfectly comfortable being "alone" rather than being with the wrong woman. I guess I've become a little more selective (no, not picky ) in my old age.

I'm beginning to think that the Internet is not the best place to look, though. For the most part, I just find it frustrating. There are literally thousands of single women in my area (2057 aged 27-39 excluding Geminis within 10 miles to be precise) on POF alone, and even with that overwhelming choice, none of them jump out at me. Sure, there are some really visually attractive women, but then they're not that bright or really dull in their profile, or worse yet, in their messages. And, though this is going to generate some hate mail, there are some brilliant profiles and messages, but I'd be afraid of looking over at them at a horror movie and jumping out of my seat. I've had only one truly positive online dating experience, and since we're not together, I question how positive even that one was, outside of helping me know that I can be a good partner on all levels to someone.

So being selective is keeping me single right now. That, and women are crazy.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Name the number one thing keeping you single..