Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Name the number one thing keeping you single..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VainH
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Name the number one thing keeping you single..Page 4 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
Haven't found the right woman, or I'm looking in the wrong places. Mind you, I'm not looking all that hard. I don't need to be with someone. After a particularly nasty experience, I took a nice long break from relationships, 2 years after no more than 6 months single between the ages of 16 and 30, and got to know myself better. There is a want, but I'm perfectly comfortable being "alone" rather than being with the wrong woman. I guess I've become a little more selective (no, not picky ) in my old age.

I'm beginning to think that the Internet is not the best place to look, though. For the most part, I just find it frustrating. There are literally thousands of single women in my area (2057 aged 27-39 excluding Geminis within 10 miles to be precise) on POF alone, and even with that overwhelming choice, none of them jump out at me. Sure, there are some really visually attractive women, but then they're not that bright or really dull in their profile, or worse yet, in their messages. And, though this is going to generate some hate mail, there are some brilliant profiles and messages, but I'd be afraid of looking over at them at a horror movie and jumping out of my seat. I've had only one truly positive online dating experience, and since we're not together, I question how positive even that one was, outside of helping me know that I can be a good partner on all levels to someone.

So being selective is keeping me single right now. That, and women are crazy.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 78
Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 8/7/2006 7:42:48 AM

Damn walls ! they are way WAY so much easier building them than taking them down, but I hear worth the labor when they are down.

Let me know when you find out

and by trust I'm not speaking of I'm concerned about him having sex with others. I mean would he catch me if I fell, would he be strong enough to pick me up and stand me up, would he really be there for me and for us? Does he really want to know me? That kinda trust if anybody knows what I'm jibberin about.

I completely get this!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/7/2006 10:53:24 AM

Well I know for a fact Us men want too feel wanted by the lady !
Cause if we don't feel wanted then we feel that being single is better.
And since alot of the women are still with mending a broken heart their not showing they want a man other then a friend .
And thats what is keeping me and alot of other men single still.
So until I feel I am wanted in a pretty ladies life I'll be still single.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2006 4:30:52 PM
Why am I single? I'm picky. I can't help it. I won't settle for someone I am not interested in or someone I am not attracted to. Call me shallow but that's just the way it is. I also am still single because I haven't met the person I want to settle down with who wants to settle down with me. I've met some wonderful people from the site so far and who knows? Maybe I will run into someone who has a mutual attraction and affection for me. Timing has been crappy for me as well as I have met a couple of ladies that I would love to pursue but who don't feel the same way about me. Oh well, things happen. I'm enjoying being single and don't need someone in my life, but it sure would be nice.
 bluedew
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/12/2006 12:31:35 AM
I know what I want and won't settle for less.
 Carrie_32
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/12/2006 6:19:06 AM
If I knew, I wouldn't be single!
 hapeenurse
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/12/2006 6:28:17 AM
^ what she said!!!!

I dunno, let's blame it on circumstance!
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 6:49:43 AM
"What do you mean, an African or European swallow?"

{... "The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour, beating its wings 7-9 times per second rather than 43. And a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut."}

Yes - I meant to post this here. No - it's not off-topic. Sorry if you can't figure it out ...
 Carrie_32
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/12/2006 6:52:03 AM

{... "The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour, beating its wings 7-9 times per second rather than 43. And a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut."}

Arnold Schwarzenswallow? that or maybe it was on roids?
 Leeanne
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 6:53:16 AM
I don't think I've ever been single - the men just won't leave me alone damn it!!!
 liveyourlife
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 3:58:14 PM
does it have to be just one thing...lol

for me it's part circumstance--work is a crazy thing
part trust--if your going to lie and cheat don't be stupid enough to get caught
part fear--what if things are going well with someone (then what)
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 4:03:20 PM
I date the wrong men I guess. I've tried all types..all the same. All of them scared to be in any kind of relationship...most are never truthful. Still wondering why I still keep on trying..lol
 +bRyAn+
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/12/2006 4:16:46 PM
i'm guessing my smart a$$ atitude

i've been called that a few million times
 SillySuzySassySue
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/13/2006 10:04:20 PM
5) I work crazy hours
4) I'm too critical
3) My age
2) I don't have to shave everyday
10 I'm a ****
 looking4lv
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/14/2006 12:08:35 AM
I agree with you and all that you have stated...so then the one thing that keeps me single is me. Go fiqure that eh!
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2006 12:22:41 AM
I'm single is because most of the women I like still have feeling for an ex and can't move on life.
 funisthespiceoflife
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/15/2006 5:54:20 PM
well, the practical reasons are working a lot, wanting to give me kids all of me for the time that we have together, it is easier to run my own flexi-schedule, the guys I think are interesting are not interested in me and vice versa....but a deep down feeling is that I am kind of scared...I thought I had it all figured out the first time, but couldn't have been more wrong...will I make the same move all over again?
 LondonShyguy
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/2/2008 5:21:43 AM
Hmmm just name one huh? lol well I guess it would have to be my looks...I guess I'm just not that attractive...thats what I came up with
 OttawaSparkler
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/2/2008 2:07:47 PM
for me, I've been 100% single for my entire life, As I've been in a 15 + year slow
climb out of many illnesses, I'm getting there though, they say nice guys finish last
well I can tell ya, nicer guys don't finish at all , I'm one of them , hitting POF hard
which very little to show, also I do not do alcohol so I don't go to bars, I've literally
have never been in one, not my style, so here I am patiently waiting , and looking
forward to it ( love ) whenever it comes!!!!!!!!!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/2/2008 5:00:42 PM
Well theres probbly a couple things keeping me still single ! HAHAHA!
#1:\ I live in canada and women here don't want a slim single older male !! LOL
#2:\I'm honest and not afraid to admit it !
#3:\Most women in canada would rather complain about who their hooking up with instead of trying me !
#4:\Dating me is kinda the Omen thing to do on pof as others might not like one of their friends dating a guy who pisses everyone off on pof !LOL
But then it just could be their waiting for me to win the lotto and then they'll date me ! who knows I know I don't !
 pseudonymJay
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/3/2008 1:35:09 PM
Wow, this was posted a couple of years ago and OP is long gone. Regardless, the post must go on!

I am too picky! #1 reason.

I dislike the whole ritual of dating, so I am after a different approach. Lets become friends, go out mutually, and see if we are meant to be. If not, a friend is always welcome!

I do not have the patience for an online friend, so that should be included in #1 reason.
 dangerstranger43
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/6/2008 1:40:33 PM
I work in an industry with 99% women which makes it hard to meet men.
I like the look and fun personality of a younger man- but the intelligence and wisdom of an older man. I haven't been able to find one man close to my own age that has both qualities.

So the young guys are hot- but they disappoint...and men my age rarely have a look I desire.

There's 100% honesty there for ya' that I wondn't normally bust out.
 Mae B
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/7/2008 5:27:09 AM
They keep escaping the cuffs.
I tried leg irons for a while but it really limited their mobility during "please the Mistress" sessions
 Vintage Princess
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/1/2008 12:36:19 PM
I sorta like my life the way it is, why complicate things.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Name the number one thing keeping you single..