Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Name the number one thing keeping you single..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Liliana_LC
Msg: 176
Name the number one thing keeping you single..Page 8 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
Why am I single? The million dollar question. What everyone loves to ask when you are single? Why is that? Why are people so fascinated when people date? or why people choose not to?

Anyways now that, that has been said...I'm not picky (well for the obvious things) but I'm the kind of person that will see the good in people and fall in love with that. I personally don't like dating it's really annoying I'm more of the relationship type girl...I wish I wasn't but everytime I turn around it seems I'm in a relationship. SO this time I'm choosing to live for me, and if I do find someone take things slow, but another big thing that bothers me in the dating world is the superficiality (lack of depth) in everything. Anyways being single does have it's benefits...I find it fun...never know who you're gonna meet, the dating is fun (sometimes) and so much more time for girlfriends, family and interests. Oh and if I am in a relationship I don't like spending 7 days a week with my boyfriend yes even if it's long term...a lot of guys have a problem with this or so I've experienced
 fire lake
Msg: 177
Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 2/7/2009 3:30:17 PM
Lack of effort. Long term relationships kinda left me w/the inability to know when a woman smiles at you and, When A Woman Smiles at You!
But I'm beginning to pay more attention.. I'm'a learning I'm'a Learning-lol
 Lady~Gurl
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/9/2009 2:53:03 PM
**#1...Cause I simply CAN'T be bothered...Been there..Done It...I am surrounded by enough different types of LUV to make up for a relationship that I don't want or need..**
 mike497
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 8:41:21 AM
most definitely time.
hard to get out and meet ppl when you have very limited time because of work and kids.
chances of meeting someone really special decrease alot when you only have a day here and a day there to get out and meet someone in person.
 sassysinger
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 4:54:48 PM
Knowing what I want and more specifically, what I don't want.
 HTD
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 8:17:08 PM
From what im reading, the reason depends on the person. I think what keep me single is i have to many personalities. Some would say thats a disorder or mulitple personality disorder. But thats just me. I dont think im crazy, so niether shoudl anyone else.
 LuvJeezy
Msg: 182
Posted: 4/1/2009 12:27:30 AM
Single because I wanna be.... I'm not ready for a commitment I just want a casual friend for the movies, the cuddling, but no expectations of living together, children, seeing each other daily.
 nascar3fan
Msg: 183
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:15:55 PM
Inappropriate boners.
Mismatched socks.
Too many "extra large condom" jokes.
Still use grocery stores plastic bags instead of hemp/bark/mud bags.
Unshorn nipples.
Holding out for Kate Hudson.
Toronto pride parade made me gay.
Obsessed with womens tennis.
Had a girl interested but refused to ask for directions saying "I'll find it."
 LuvJeezy
Msg: 184
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:06:09 PM
Random play sometimes rules... I have a hard time picturing myself with one person for the rest of my life, especially in the bedroom. So for me its the lack of variety, yeah you can spice things up in your relationship and in the bedroom, but its never really different because its always the same person there. I get bored and sabotage the relationship even if I love the person, so I may as well stay single and randomly date to see whats out there.
 serve chilled
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/30/2011 9:12:51 AM
the correct and honest answer is - yourself.
 shade11
Msg: 186
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:13:00 PM
I believe it's my looks which does, to a level, affect my confidence when approaching women (be it online or offline). :(
 SweetTart2002
Msg: 187
Posted: 2/6/2011 1:28:41 PM
I honestly think it is my weight, im not like 500 pounds but I am not by any means skinny, guys will talk with me then I meet them and i never hear from them again
 english lass
Msg: 188
Posted: 2/7/2011 9:22:12 AM
time management

and as a single mom; that I'm jealous of my 'alone' time, when I can get it... torn about giving that up and /or giving up the ability to make the decision to do something, just grab the kids and do it, without having to 'consult' first
 Preemo13
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/9/2011 7:20:42 PM
I'm picky. There i said it!
 Laha Math
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/13/2011 10:57:12 AM
Number one, I'm single because of the time and expense it would take to develop a relationship. And I'm not too keen on dating any more for the same reasons, although I like keyboarding about it. They are the same reasons I don't have a dog - the training, the walks, the feeding, etc. I like dogs and women but they aren't worth the effort any more.

Second, because I'm older and don't crave female company like I used to.

Third, because a little time spent with other people lasts me a long time. I'm happy with my own company doing things I'm interested in. I think it increases with age.
 My I
Msg: 191
Posted: 2/13/2011 11:45:49 AM
I just finished reading an article written by feminists, in regards to chivalry. It seems that chivalry is not off limits to criticism by those who want to make issues with anything a man does. In the article it was complained that chivalry is politically based, leaving women feeling as though they are inferior. Of these chivlarous acts they condemned opening a door for a woman; helping her with her coat, offering your seat to her, etc.

It's becoming too confusing to date a woman..... because women are making the simplest of gestures a very confusing issue. Maybe that is why women date so many jerks - they want to be "One of the guys."?

Note: Ironically, they want "Pink" parking spaces for mothers and not for fathers - hence the colour pink - wth?

*sigh*
 CMM_2011
Msg: 192
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:20:16 PM
I think there are a few reasons I'm single:

1. I've only been single for 6 months since my last relationship which I recently re-learned that I'm still not completely over, although I'd like to date and meet new people. It was a relationship that lasted over 3 years and gave me a son - which leads us to #2

2. I'm a single custodial father of a 13 month old boy. All my free time is spent with him, and I hardly ever go out at night, except for a weekly poker night I organized with a couple other fathers. Getting out and about with my boy is bound to be much easier in a few months, but that brings us to #3.

3. It's winter and I live in a generally non-pedestrian friendly city; and since I sold my car when I moved back to Ontario, leaving my own little neighborhood during the day is challenging or a rather pointlessly circuitous bus route, and to go out at night means a cold walk home or a $30 cab ride.

And lastly, it just seems like I attract women that carry a fair amount of baggage, or require me to "help them" or to rely on me. I have my boy to occupy my time, I can wait until I find a woman that compliments me and my life. I know from experience that every once in a while one of those women float into your life, it's just up to you to seize the moment.

So yes, I wouldn't mind dating, but I'm probably going to be single for some time to come.

**Post note:
Personally, I believe that chivalry is simply polite. I don't intend it to offend or insinuate that a woman is inferior to me. I'll offer a woman my seat because it's simply the polite thing to do; just as calling your elders "Sir" & "Ma'am". And it doesn't matter who is following me, I'll hold the door for everyone - whether they require me to or not.

And pink spaces for single mothers!??!! God Damn hypocrites. Claim wanting equality... *grumble, Grumble, grumble*
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 193
Posted: 2/18/2011 9:17:21 AM
The answer is "luck". I am convinced that "luck" rules our lives. No one can influence it. It comes at us. Destiny is the positive conotation; fate is the negative. Why are some people fortunate and others not. Think about it. Why do some people win a lottery and you and I can't even win a free ticket when we play. And so it goes. Relationships are governed by the same phenomen. I wish I could find a way to influence luck. It is said that Lady Luck is fickle - and I am convinced that is so. All one can do is keep trying and have good intentions. There is an old saying that goes "with time all good things come". Have hope !!
 Rett56
Msg: 194
Posted: 9/6/2011 11:43:20 AM
I don't believe being single and forming a lasting bond with a partner necessarily should be tied together. Bonds can be formed without the legal documents. Bonds should be from the heart if they are to be healthy and lasting. The "paper" can be undone. Likewise, being single can be a mutual preference that doesn't necessarily mean fear of commitment or mental/health disorders.

Think outside the box!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 195
Posted: 9/6/2011 3:47:30 PM
I'm single because I have a Ministry trying to smash life to smithereens. (Lost TWO jobs, because of a licence suspension which was shown to be over a condition that simply....never......existed) I'm hoping for, and working towards litigation now; and then I'll have to hide my windfall from Goldiggers.

Yippee.

If I didnt have the Ministry problems they created; I would be all OVER desirable women, and vice versa. I suppose I could STILL push and sweettalk my way into ladies lives, especially a lonely one with kids; but I somehow got to be a person who thinnks that "scumbag" isnt tops on the "when I grow up I wanna be" list.

With that being said; I know where I will be welcomed on here if I ever do choose to go all scumbag; lots of ladies love that in their lives. :) (and in fact; wont settle for anything but!)

Alot of the women these days are also a great reason to stay single; when ya think about it.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 7:47:48 PM
I am single cuz I am a biotch and I love every minute of it! lmao...I am picky, hard working and don't accept players or men wanting a shuga Momma. Don't want some one else's man who professes his wife won't give him sex but he can't leave. Man up I say and if you can't? Then don't swing in my tree! I am totally self sufficient and will not settle for anything less than what I expect because I know that if the right man takes the time, he will garner twofold. I know some of you reading this will agree with me in that I am a biotch..and so be it. Those who know me, know otherwise! Smile always, be kind and be real!
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 197
Posted: 9/27/2011 7:23:04 PM
dating those who are rude, ignorant, selfish, liars, unsure where they are are??, having no balls to stand up to their former spouse and of course the shy ones!! just to name a few
 delightful_m
Msg: 198
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:17:09 AM
One of my issues (i suppose)....is if down the road i find out she was only after getting anything she could lay her hands on $$$$$(gold digger!) Mind you this can work both ways
 Paul_004
Msg: 199
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:24:50 PM
The memories of the games, mixed messages, calling the cops for no reason ( They don't like her very much, more than one cop told me she seems mean), never gave her reason to fear me. Trying to turn my friends and family against me, getting me barred from one bar, because she acted like an ass and I egged her house, again saying she feared me. Funny for someone who fears me she had no problem kissing me up at the bar 6 weeks ago, after over a year of peace from being away from her.. The topping on it all was here telling me 3 f-ing times in bed she loved me, then saying next morning she didn't remember and blaming it on booze. Ya, move on bimbo, go play with someone else.

So the next one's gonna have to play fair, or hit the f-ing road, I'm not someone who's emotions are to be toyed with !
 Shock_Treatment
Msg: 200
Posted: 10/8/2011 6:19:12 PM
Music is my Wife :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Name the number one thing keeping you single..