Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 B. Diva
Msg: 59
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
There hasn't been any activity in this thread for quite a while but the issue has now become near and dear to my heart!

I'm actually involved online with another "fish" who lives in Sweden. I'm not working at the moment (on disability) and my younger son is almost old enough to live on his own, so if things work out with this man I'd relocate in a "New York minute".

It's funny - I moved from Toronto to Montreal in 1980 to follow my (then) husband who got a better job there with the multinational company he worked for at the time. It's a beautiful city but I was miserable - didn't really make any friends of my own, gained 50 pounds from going to the bars after work every night - overall not a good experience.

Yet here I am 25 years later ready to take an even bigger leap into the unknown - cause I'm pretty sure my little Swedish meatball could be the one I've been waiting for my whole life. I'll be the first woman he's met off this site - and he's already using the "l" word (not lesbian - that's just a tv show) and even the "m" word. I didn't think I'd ever marry again - was pretty sure I was going to wind up like that old lady in that episode of CSI being devoured by dozens of cats!

Anyway, that's my two cents worth on the subject.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?
Posted: 2/9/2007 11:33:18 AM
I am willing to relocate to get away from the nut job that THINKS he loves me; does that count?

Fry
 Dayna-d
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:02:31 PM
I did relocate for love. And even though I love this guy very much (I met him on here), it is hard.

Before we even met, he asked me if I would be willing to move if things worked out, it was easy to say yes at the time. But now having been here for almost a year, it is hard. Its hard to leave your family and friends, to go somewhere where you don't know anybody. Its hard to know that you left everyone and everything behind, while he still has his friends and family around him.

If things were not to work out with me and him, i think I would still relocate if I found someone else, but I don't think I would be willing to go more than two hours away from my friends and family, being its hard to travel too far with three little kids.
 techgirl27
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:07:34 PM
Heck I AM relocated. I am a New Englander stuck in Texas . Looks like I might be stuck here a while more.........sigh......
 Fry Lock
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:10:05 PM
heh heh...I relocated quite a few years ago for love, for the love of my sister; then she moved to MO, now I'm stuck here; I fell you lilac, only I'm a Texan stuck in Wisconsin; no one told me it could get BELOW zero....

Fry
 Ethereal 1
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/9/2007 12:28:41 PM
ABSOLUTELY.... as my profile states... portable life and profession.... How very lucky for me... and, how VERY lucky for the man of my dreams!! Think of what an adventure, moving elsewhere would be... I am sure I am the envy of most! Considering that there are many people out there who are landlocked to a certain area geographically, for the sake of their careers, businesses, children or families. Personally, I am SO ready to embrace change... move forward... and never look back!! And, as much as I love the friends and clients, which I have made locally, I KNOW they would visit... in fact, we would probably see each other more often than we do now... oddly enough, sometimes, THAT is the way things work. When I think of what a wonderful opportunity and life's experience it would be to live in a different area... not to mention the gift of the new connections and friendships, I would make... why, it is enough to make me start packing!!
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/9/2007 1:29:51 PM
I would go anywhere, I wouldn't care where or how far. As long as it wasn't in the middle of nowhere like I live now...if that were the case I'd suggest we both relocate.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2007 1:09:48 AM
Right now after several weeks of -30 and colder in Winnipeg 99% of the population would move and not only for love!

On a more serious note it appears that there are pple out there who would move today for that one special person!
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 5:50:11 PM
Been there done that... 1300 miles, Gave up friends, job, started over in a new place. After 3 years, She moved back to where we met. Dont know till you try. I tried, she decided on a different lifstyle... But now I know. I beleive, if it is in fact love...why wouldnt you?
but thats just my $.02
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 6:03:46 PM
Hmmm this is interesting. Seems like the majority would move for Love.... with *Stipulations*.
I didnt realise Love HAD *Stipulations*.....
 B-sides
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/26/2007 6:12:20 PM
I would go a million miles for love, but I refuse to convert to kilometers.
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 8:06:24 PM
This thread begs the question(s):
What would a person *give up* in the name of Love?
or
What HAS a person given up in the name of Love?
or
If in fact it is Love.... Why would it matter?

Because it seems to me, if it is in fact True Love, there are no Obstacles... just challenges.... And after all..isnt True Love WORTH the *Challenges*??

Ron9
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/26/2007 8:25:07 PM
Oh phooy now I gotta get my calculator out ...... ok

Lets see 3.50 a gallon - carry the ............ I could move 89.5 miles

Ok Ok - anything is possible (almost)
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/27/2007 1:39:57 AM
Yes I would relocate for my love ..... I would relocate from the kitchen to the bedroom
 PurpleCollie
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:51:36 PM
Yes, I will relocate for love. And that was one of the reasons I came to this site -- looking for love. I think I found it. And as soon as I can get jobs set and house sold, I plan to move to be with him. Met him here months ago. So we will see where this new adventure will take us.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/18/2007 9:10:49 AM
I went to Australia to meet a girl 10 years ago. If there was a love connection, I would have stayed. But it didn't work out.
 PC2000
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2007 6:47:51 AM
Did it twice, both big time moves.
Considering my experience, now I will have to have a very clear picture of the situation with all the Ts crossed and Is dotted and even with that, I will think it, not twice but four times before I do it again.

PC2000
 GenuineGal29
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/27/2007 8:23:30 AM
At this point there is no way I would relocate. My ex is a good father to our son and I would never separate that bond. I do understand visitation could be altered, but that is not an option for me. I think it is more important for my son to see his father on a regular basis.
 jacktraven
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 2:59:47 PM
Long distance is REALLY hard.. and will only work if you both are working towards something

Been there, done that, got a medal of honor. I've proven myself that there's no boundaries for what you truly want in life. If the other person on the line is working towards the same goal, there's no stopping you. The risk is that things might not work out, and there can be lots of pain in the process.
 jacktraven
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 4:26:45 PM

Dont know till you try. I tried, she decided on a different lifstyle... But now I know. I beleive, if it is in fact love...why wouldnt you?

This takes me to my headline: "If you haven't tried, you haven't lived". Great post.

You have to be very fortunate to find that person who's willing to go the distance. The most beautiful thing that can ever happen to someone is creating a bond, a relationship based on human values, about being a rock and a shoulder, and LDR's have a lot of this. But bring it down to the ground, feet always stomping on it. No means, no goals, no vision of future= failure. If idealism and reality can't coexist in a LDR, it will fail, period. Be aware of almost everything, look into yourself and be honest about if you have what it takes to take the challenge. Be aware of immigration laws, they can be a huge hurdle. LDR's are for serious people, for the ones that are seriously looking to pursue a better life. A life in love...
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/17/2007 5:59:14 PM
Yep.

Approximately 1,100 miles.

But she's worth it!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/17/2007 7:30:55 PM
"Long distance is REALLY hard.. and will only work if you both are working towards something" There are situations where being realistic, it just can't happen. Usually it's a parent with minor children. I've been there done that, and part of the divorce decree.custodial either parent. The custodial parent can't move and take the children. In doing so would deny the visitation rights of the other parent.

People who are in that situation know so, they know that. Even if they weren't married. When parents split up, it's a court matter, and as unfair as it is at times, it is in the hands of the judicial system to make that difficult decision as to who will have custodial custody and who will have visiation.

If my children were younger, not even considered. They are adults, so me moving to be with him WAS an option and was considered. And I would...loved his country...beautiful...lots of great opportunities...never visited anywhere I felt more at home.

He's moving here, that's what we decided we're doing. For now...if we decided it'd be better for us to move there...no problem!! Family is so important to us, so either country we lived in, there'd always be visits!
 blondi75
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 1:34:05 PM
My question is how do u know if its true love? Do u have kids?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >