Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweet_scorpio
Msg: 121
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?Page 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I would relocate for someone if they would do the same for me eventually.
I dont need someone to take care of me. I need someone to be there for me, and appriciate my input and my decisions also. Compromise is the key here..
There are some countries I wouldnt want to visit for long though, unless maybe just for a couple weeks. Its hard enough to understand people who speak english, nevermind people who speak another language. Ever wonder why tourists come from all over the world to visit canada, and hardly anyone from canada or the usa travels constantly to other countries in large groups??? there is alot to be learned from people from other countries.. especially the fact that they envy us growing up here more then we envy them growing up there.
 jacktraven
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?
Posted: 8/17/2007 2:59:47 PM
Long distance is REALLY hard.. and will only work if you both are working towards something

Been there, done that, got a medal of honor. I've proven myself that there's no boundaries for what you truly want in life. If the other person on the line is working towards the same goal, there's no stopping you. The risk is that things might not work out, and there can be lots of pain in the process.
 jacktraven
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 4:26:45 PM

Dont know till you try. I tried, she decided on a different lifstyle... But now I know. I beleive, if it is in fact love...why wouldnt you?

This takes me to my headline: "If you haven't tried, you haven't lived". Great post.

You have to be very fortunate to find that person who's willing to go the distance. The most beautiful thing that can ever happen to someone is creating a bond, a relationship based on human values, about being a rock and a shoulder, and LDR's have a lot of this. But bring it down to the ground, feet always stomping on it. No means, no goals, no vision of future= failure. If idealism and reality can't coexist in a LDR, it will fail, period. Be aware of almost everything, look into yourself and be honest about if you have what it takes to take the challenge. Be aware of immigration laws, they can be a huge hurdle. LDR's are for serious people, for the ones that are seriously looking to pursue a better life. A life in love...
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/17/2007 5:59:14 PM
Yep.

Approximately 1,100 miles.

But she's worth it!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 7:30:55 PM
"Long distance is REALLY hard.. and will only work if you both are working towards something" There are situations where being realistic, it just can't happen. Usually it's a parent with minor children. I've been there done that, and part of the divorce decree.custodial either parent. The custodial parent can't move and take the children. In doing so would deny the visitation rights of the other parent.

People who are in that situation know so, they know that. Even if they weren't married. When parents split up, it's a court matter, and as unfair as it is at times, it is in the hands of the judicial system to make that difficult decision as to who will have custodial custody and who will have visiation.

If my children were younger, not even considered. They are adults, so me moving to be with him WAS an option and was considered. And I would...loved his country...beautiful...lots of great opportunities...never visited anywhere I felt more at home.

He's moving here, that's what we decided we're doing. For now...if we decided it'd be better for us to move there...no problem!! Family is so important to us, so either country we lived in, there'd always be visits!
 blondi75
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 1:34:05 PM
My question is how do u know if its true love? Do u have kids?
 BorneoBabe
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/13/2008 2:00:49 PM
I moved from Indonesia all the way to Holland, just to be with the one I loved. I don't regret it, but I would never do it again.

and t oo far? Thats the distance you don't go.
 loveoregon
Msg: 142
Posted: 3/13/2008 2:48:05 PM
I would move to the moon for love, but I wouldn't go there to find it.
 tralaza
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/13/2008 4:54:04 PM
I moved from the US to Australia and I suppose it was mainly for love but if I hadn't liked it here so much, I wouldn't have moved.

So moving had to be a good deal for me career wise etc.

As for another long distance relationship, I'd never do one again. Blah.
 jolsenblues
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/13/2008 7:25:50 PM
Yes I was and am and still willing to relocate for love!!!
The first time was 20 miles and the relationship lasted for 9 years ans we are still friends.
The secomd time was 553 miles and the result:
The job worked out great!!!
 Dayzyflame
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 7:46:07 PM
Absolutely! I moved across the world for love - From Australia to the USA.

OK so that ended up not lasting a lifetime, to me life is an adventure and risks are there to be taken. I read an article years ago where a whole lot of old people were asked if they could live their lives again what they would do differently. 80% of them said they wished they had taken more risks in life. After reading that I decided I didn't want to have those kind of regrets. Therefore I am a big risk taker. They haven't always worked out as planned but I don't regret any of the risks I have taken. To me life is an adventure and I'm looking forward to many more in my future.
 sandra19
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:17:16 PM
I wouldnt move unless the guy was a millionare and would just give me everything i want haha.Moving to a new place and starting over is just soo hard and i wouldnt do it unless my lover would treat me like a princess and i wouldnt have to start over with the job and all that. Made a big change like that one time before ( not for love ) and i learned my lesson haha
 lizzy915
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:00:11 PM
Yes, I'd relocate. For the last two years, I've been in a long-distance relationship with someone who lives in New Hampshire while I live in New York (state). We've gotten to know each other through chatting on Y! Msg., phone, and in person (twice) and will see each other again this summer. I'd like to move there to be with her, but the problem is finding a job in NH (the kind of job I need). I look on-line or anywhere to find a job there while I am working here. I really want to move to be more closer to her this year, but I doubt it will happen. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I would move... and go wherever she wants to live but as long as I can able to afford to go back home to see my family once in awhile.
 countryvaluez
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/25/2008 1:20:52 PM
i once moved to alabama to be with a woman i met from love@aol. everything was great on the phone and in person but after i moved there i found out she was married and her hubby worked on an oil rig and they were just merely separated...she lied to me about it the whole yr i knew her. and id prolly move for someone again...i guess im too kind hearted...:)
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:34:33 PM
My Youngest daughter is now 18 so I am now a free bird to fly wherever I please.
I prefer to be on some coast close to the water but for that special man I would fly to the moon for him!
:~()
 Scorpianfish
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 3:21:13 PM
I was all set to relocate for love. The woman who is a wonderful woman had sme issues, the closer we got the more her walls went up. After 6 or 7 months I just could not see moving 300 miles to increase the tension that had come up. Since we broke up she quickly got pregnant by a man she does not know, is very sad. I have recieved a couple of emails clearly stating how she recognizes some patterns that sabatoged our relationship and more. The point is that until this relationship I would have relocated, now I would have to say no. If someone is thniking about it I suggest spending plenty of time in the new location and discuss those issues that can wait till later. Housing cost, child rearing, bill paying, vacation plans, and the list goes on. I was within 3 months of being final with the move. Had I gone through with it it would have been a $40,000 cost. For love that would be nothing, for heart ache that is a lot to pay.
 clasact
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 3:36:51 PM
Absolutely I would. At this point in my life, I am responsible to no one but myself now. I am not "tied" down, nor welded to where I reside, I am a "free bird" as someone previously wrote. My daughter is grown and takes care of herself and very well.
 lilpaco2
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 4:53:11 PM
First and formost if both parties involved give themselves time to see if it is love, then I believe in the process this would be discussed.

As for myself I would be open to the idea. However, I would have to be with someone that would understand when I got the urge to go see my children and granchildren then I could do so as I would feel it important for him to do the same.

If not possible to go see them then they would ahve to be open to having my family come spend a little time with us. I would love to move to the warm beaches someday or at least have the options of spending time there.

I believe that both parties have the option of moving. The question is which lives in the better place for all concerned.
 python69
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 7:56:09 PM
since im single and free,i would and was actually going to do it ,but i took a leave from work and went to cali and if it wasnt for so many lies i would be there and maybe married.
 zangie
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 8:02:28 PM
For the right guy...yes

How far? To the ends of th earth...
 seekerof
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/25/2008 10:04:20 PM
I am willing to relocate anywhere within the state of California.
That way, I can either drive a few hours, or fly a maximum of 90 minutes to visit my family, and stay in this beautiful state.
 Audi-girl
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/25/2008 11:38:45 PM
Relocating is a big decision that should be made jointly. I wouldnt pick up and move on a whim but for the right guy and the right situation if both parties felt it was for the better I would move. I have moved in the past for the best interest of my family and would do it again if the situation is right.

Why not have an open mind change is good sometimes. Especially if that change could lead to eternal happiness.
 SandyB1957
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/27/2008 2:45:26 PM
I would relocate if the right man came along. My son is grown and has a life of his own my dad has passed awy and even tho I have brothers and sisters near by They have families o f there own. And the type of work I do I can I am sure find something jusy about anywhere in that field. Heck all plants need forklift drivers now and then......lol But to answer the wuestion Yes I would relocate
 itsjustme328
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:16:16 PM
I have never even considered relocating for love. I prevent myself from having to make that decision by having a personal policy of only dating and/or becoming involved with men in my local area. I have family, friends, and a support network here that I'm not willing to leave. This is where my roots are. Love doesn't always last, so I'm hesitant to uproot my life for that reason.

Of course the potential dilemma presents itself when a bond of sorts inadvertantly forms between myself and another who lives several hundred miles away. Let's assume he has the same commitment to family, friends, and a support network and is also unwilling to uproot his life. Is it responsible to even allow such a friendship/relationship to start knowing that I feel the way I feel?

Unfortunately, I don't have the all the answers to the OP's questions. I think each of us has to apply our own logic and reason to our unique situations and make the decisions that we feel are best for us.
 valiebgood72
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:11:13 PM
yeah , I'm not with the whole relocating thing, nor would I allow anyone to move closer to me . I just dont feel that its meant to be if one has to move. I feel if its suppose to happen it will happen without picking up my life and moving away from everything I know.I truly believe in Fate and karma. Im only on here because I get bored :) and its fun !
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >