Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kittenshere41
Msg: 160
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?Page 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
there is no distance i wouldnt travel for love. If i was truely in love i would travel the world to get to them. to relocate ...sure i would for the right person. what peole need to realize is any distance can be traveled for right person.
romantic 73 u say u are not willing to relocate but if right lady came along u would be moving lol
 Silthorn
Msg: 161
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:07:23 PM
I was ready...to move across an ocean for love. But...that didn't work out...
Since then I have promised my daughter to stay put till she finishes high school. 4 years isn't long to wait and it maintains both our sanity.
 custis
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:28:41 PM
That is an impossible question to answer until I meet the person in question.
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:34:33 PM
My Youngest daughter is now 18 so I am now a free bird to fly wherever I please.
I prefer to be on some coast close to the water but for that special man I would fly to the moon for him!
:~()
 Scorpianfish
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 3:21:13 PM
I was all set to relocate for love. The woman who is a wonderful woman had sme issues, the closer we got the more her walls went up. After 6 or 7 months I just could not see moving 300 miles to increase the tension that had come up. Since we broke up she quickly got pregnant by a man she does not know, is very sad. I have recieved a couple of emails clearly stating how she recognizes some patterns that sabatoged our relationship and more. The point is that until this relationship I would have relocated, now I would have to say no. If someone is thniking about it I suggest spending plenty of time in the new location and discuss those issues that can wait till later. Housing cost, child rearing, bill paying, vacation plans, and the list goes on. I was within 3 months of being final with the move. Had I gone through with it it would have been a $40,000 cost. For love that would be nothing, for heart ache that is a lot to pay.
 clasact
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 3:36:51 PM
Absolutely I would. At this point in my life, I am responsible to no one but myself now. I am not "tied" down, nor welded to where I reside, I am a "free bird" as someone previously wrote. My daughter is grown and takes care of herself and very well.
 EllieK2
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/25/2008 4:41:07 PM
I would start by visiting as I could afford to, to see if I liked the area and to get to know the person. If someone is just a friend or someone more special I think it is good to make time. I travel to visit my girlfriends who have moved away because they are special to me. If a relationship with a man is worth pursuing and has a future, travel. It is fun to see new places and meet new people. Yes...if we were both into each other, I would relocate. I work in a field that has jobs anywhere. Who says that the person of your dreams is in your back yard?
 lilpaco2
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 4:53:11 PM
First and formost if both parties involved give themselves time to see if it is love, then I believe in the process this would be discussed.

As for myself I would be open to the idea. However, I would have to be with someone that would understand when I got the urge to go see my children and granchildren then I could do so as I would feel it important for him to do the same.

If not possible to go see them then they would ahve to be open to having my family come spend a little time with us. I would love to move to the warm beaches someday or at least have the options of spending time there.

I believe that both parties have the option of moving. The question is which lives in the better place for all concerned.
 Bloom10
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/25/2008 7:35:01 PM
I don't know. I don't think I would have the guts to move continent again....It was a kind of rough, even if it was for love. Not easy! I guess it would depend on how crazy I feel.
 python69
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 7:56:09 PM
since im single and free,i would and was actually going to do it ,but i took a leave from work and went to cali and if it wasnt for so many lies i would be there and maybe married.
 zangie
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2008 8:02:28 PM
For the right guy...yes

How far? To the ends of th earth...
 oldsoul
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/25/2008 9:00:07 PM
Once my granddaughter is raised and on her own, my dream is to sell everything and be homeless for a while...or maybe forever.

Well not really homeless but I'd like to go live in my camper trailer and get away from the noise and the city.

Or maybe trade in my trailer for an old VW bus and roam the country side for a bit. I'd love to drive all across North America on the old back roads - it's something I've wanted to do since I was a little girl. I remember reading my Stephen King novels and he'd have all his characters travel down ol' route 66 and wishing I could do the same one day...

I'm a loner so I don't mind being alone and I know this is something I could easily do on my own, but having a like mind companion to share in the journey with me would be fun too.

So yeah....I would definitely consider relocating for the right person one day...but the thought of leaving my granddaughter behind is a killer. And I know I only feel this way because she's still young and I can't imagine living without her - even though I'm perfectly fine living without my adult children.

Experience tells me I'll feel differently when she's all grown up and she doesn't need me anymore, but the mind is a funny thing....even though I've been through this twice before, it feels like the first time and I can't imagine ever leaving her behind:(

Sigh. Okay well maybe I'll consider relocating if it's within a day's drive of where she lives. Then ol' grandma can come park
her ol' hippy bus in her granddaughter's driveway whenever she misses her:)

JMO
 seekerof
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/25/2008 10:04:20 PM
I am willing to relocate anywhere within the state of California.
That way, I can either drive a few hours, or fly a maximum of 90 minutes to visit my family, and stay in this beautiful state.
 Americanrover
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/25/2008 10:09:18 PM
For just love--not a mile. But for marriage to someone I love, of course, and to wherever we decided on. There are a gazillion factors in deciding where. I'd never make the move to live with someone. If you don't have enough faith and trust in one another to make it legal, why bother at all?
 Audi-girl
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/25/2008 11:38:45 PM
Relocating is a big decision that should be made jointly. I wouldnt pick up and move on a whim but for the right guy and the right situation if both parties felt it was for the better I would move. I have moved in the past for the best interest of my family and would do it again if the situation is right.

Why not have an open mind change is good sometimes. Especially if that change could lead to eternal happiness.
 SandyB1957
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/27/2008 2:45:26 PM
I would relocate if the right man came along. My son is grown and has a life of his own my dad has passed awy and even tho I have brothers and sisters near by They have families o f there own. And the type of work I do I can I am sure find something jusy about anywhere in that field. Heck all plants need forklift drivers now and then......lol But to answer the wuestion Yes I would relocate
 Onedaycloser
Msg: 178
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:10:24 PM
Absolutely! Anywhere in the world!
 ~Mrs.Wabbit~
Msg: 179
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:28:00 PM
Met here September 2006 , online friendship began with no idea of it being more due to the distance. As we went along, we knew that it was much more than friendship , visits began back and forth which was a 1500 mile distance and a border between two countries, and now.............

July 26, 2008 I will make the United States my new home, and marry my best friend.

One should never put a distance on finding love. So glad that I did not truly, for I would not have met the man of my dreams.

Tap into that adventerous spirit.......
 itsjustme328
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:16:16 PM
I have never even considered relocating for love. I prevent myself from having to make that decision by having a personal policy of only dating and/or becoming involved with men in my local area. I have family, friends, and a support network here that I'm not willing to leave. This is where my roots are. Love doesn't always last, so I'm hesitant to uproot my life for that reason.

Of course the potential dilemma presents itself when a bond of sorts inadvertantly forms between myself and another who lives several hundred miles away. Let's assume he has the same commitment to family, friends, and a support network and is also unwilling to uproot his life. Is it responsible to even allow such a friendship/relationship to start knowing that I feel the way I feel?

Unfortunately, I don't have the all the answers to the OP's questions. I think each of us has to apply our own logic and reason to our unique situations and make the decisions that we feel are best for us.
 kittenshere41
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/28/2008 5:56:16 PM
I am willing to relocate and would travel all the way across the world for right man.
 valiebgood72
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:11:13 PM
yeah , I'm not with the whole relocating thing, nor would I allow anyone to move closer to me . I just dont feel that its meant to be if one has to move. I feel if its suppose to happen it will happen without picking up my life and moving away from everything I know.I truly believe in Fate and karma. Im only on here because I get bored :) and its fun !
 Angelsin
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:27:36 PM
She'd have to be one hell of a woman for me to move. If it's REAL love then probably. If it's someone I recently met - no.
 dcamnc
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:19:31 AM
Nope, would not relocate.
 lonestardaddy
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:49:34 AM
InYa, If I did not have a six y/o son conceived, born, and somewhat estranged in the process of one nasty divorce here, I'd have moved on long ago and to nearly anywhere else to be w/ someone worth my love and resources. That will change, hopefully, before too long.

Eight months ago, I met a woman via Pof who is poised to relocate nearly 600 miles to be w/ me and my son, and I'm still grateful for all that she brings our way ...and exclusively for me regarding what's 'made the world go 'round' before cosmic design was discovered.

W/ that shared, any woman who is as caring and careful as she is w/ the children of her soon-deployed-again-to-Iraq 30 y/o son ...by another woman who doesn't yet get it that the world doesn't revolve her, the former before the latter deserves a man who cares deeply for her, and happily I do. We will both be deeply concerned for her son, who learned too much for life during his his first deployment to Iraq, and for two little girls who need a much better raising than their 28 y/o mother alone seems willing and able to provide them.

I know that your post doesn't ask what could be considered the 'other side' of what really doesn't matter for the distance, even we lived in the same neighborhood, but I felt compelled to share my answer for a woman willing to leave her family-by-blood behind ...and also earmarked to head back to a bloodbath. Caring and careful are the two most important factors for any moves made for life. It sucks to discover that someone whom you thought did both ...truly doesn't. Even if that person lived next door, it would still be too far to go.
 hopeful_73
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:51:02 AM
Ive done it twice already. And Id do it again for the right person. Geography means nothing to me, versus emotion.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >