Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SongwriterCat
Msg: 243
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?Page 7 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Years ago I fell in love with a girl living in West Germany. After flying back home to the U.S., we communicated by phone, taped messages, and letters. Unfortunately, when I went back 4 months later it was a disaster from the moment I got off the plane. However, looking back I've never regretted it. It was a learning experience - an expensive learning experience (lol) - but one that taught me a lot. About a year ago I tried dating a girl who lived 6 hours drive from home - it didn't work out. Too much distance between us, and neither of us feeling that there was enough chemistry for either of us to re-locate.

Now if I heard from a girl who lived far away from me, and we hit it off with the general chat/messaging/phone call introductions, would I fly to meet her? You bet your a** I would.
 Marissawv1978
Msg: 244
Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?
Posted: 3/19/2012 8:55:53 PM
in 2005 I went and stayed with my ex bf for months and we dated 10 months when I wanted to go stay with him hed come and get me, now I have someone that I want to be with hes in missouri...thats 6 hours away from where I am in wv. he wants me to go back with him, but now, I am on that moody page one day im happy, then the next im saying goodbye to him.
 WL131
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/22/2012 10:59:32 PM
Not NO but HELL NO! Never works.
 pipedreams1111
Msg: 246
Posted: 3/23/2012 12:02:25 AM
On one hand I would say yes because where I lay my hat is my home. I'm a rolling stone by nature. But on the other hand this is the first place I have had in over 40 years that I don't have to pay rent, so she better be really attractive and I better find a better job or it's out of the question.
 TedJMill
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:13:25 AM
I would want to stay near the New York area, since I have my parents, my brother and sister, and my nieces and nephews here. Something like Philadelphia would be okay, while halfway across the country isn't.
 Capn_America
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:15:39 AM
To INFINITY AND BEYOND!

...as long as its only when we close our eyes and imagine

Seriously though, when my kids grow up, I am DEFINATELY moving out of Quebec. Somewhere colder, like freaking ALASKA or something. This freakin warm weather is killing me.........
 WL131
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/24/2012 4:38:15 PM
Thanks Seakyttten,bad experiance on my part as well.
 PamiOakley
Msg: 250
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:00:24 PM
I relocated 3,000 miles for love and he was a huge mistake in my life. The relocation, OTOH, was great so there was a silver lining. I stayed 10 years before coming home to my roots. Had a lot of incredible experiences I would never have had. Met a lot of wonderful people that I continue to count as friends. Would I relocate again for love? Unlikely since I am not interested in long-distance relationships as a result.
 damsel19
Msg: 251
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:32:17 PM
do you run a nursery grplaman. Sure is a good advert for your property. You just dont meet women who are at a distance, that is all. You wouldnt put yourself in that kind of position and neither would I to ever have to make that choice . If they relocate because of their jobs then it is over, I guess.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 252
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:49:36 PM
I did in the past half way around the world and will do again if I find the one since I do not want to be regret about what "if...I should, or would" with that person.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:59:50 PM
I like to travel so as long as it's a "safe" region and eco-friendly. If I can get a job transfer I don't really have a limit. My preference would be for somewhere in Europe though.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:36:22 PM

no i would not and i dont want anyone relocating for me either.. what if it doesnt work out?

Au contraire. If I was still looking I wouldn't want to pass up the chance to be with the potential love of my life. I've moved several times for other reasons and can move again if there was the right reason. That one 'just right' person has more value than everything else in the Universe times a billion.

(except for moving to Toronto)
 sweetandsexi
Msg: 255
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:44:07 PM
I don't think i could move for love, first off i would miss my family too much, secondly my kids have their roots where we are, and i wouldn't do that to them. I think its different if its just one person, for example if it was just me, i might, but would still miss my family too much. Guess i'm just a creature of habit...lol
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 256
Posted: 9/19/2012 5:03:33 PM
Nope. I would not build a relationship that was long distance and moving as a man makes you look weak somewhat.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2012 5:55:14 PM
In the process of planning it now.

By the time it will come to pass we will have dated long-distance for almost two years, and we're only planning for a three month trial run and to figure out the next step from there.

That's how our relationship has been from the beginning. One step at a time, and it's been working out great for both of us.

It will only be a 200 mile move, but still a big difference in lifestyle for me.

I'm excited and a little scared and also amused how these new opportunities always come up when you're perfectly happy with where you are.
 Cynderella
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2012 11:38:18 PM
100% yes...I would move to Mars for the right man!
 TravelerseekingU
Msg: 259
Posted: 9/20/2012 5:54:25 AM
Maybe...if I won the lottery and could uproot my roots!! Maybe a bit pragmatic but heck, money would help with the decision! My happiness is what I worked for...hard to turn my back on that!
 GalaxyDragon
Msg: 260
Posted: 11/13/2012 2:13:18 PM
I can answer that. I did. I live in the state of delaware. My old fiance was in the army, and we were trying to handle a long distance relationship.. but he ended up marrying some hooker looking type while we were still engaged.. I found out when she sent me their wedding video. Its broke my heart. About a year passed before I heard from him again. He told me that he was deeply sorry and that he found out she had been cheating on him the whole time, even having sex in some dudes car right before their wedding. He said that he wasn't going to ask for a second chance or frgiveness, that he just wanted to say sorry. Now he had been my best frind for years and had never wronged me. So I told him we could be friends. But I didn't guard my heart as I should have and I ended up falling all over again for him. The only problem was he was now out of the army and living in colorado with his mom. (While in the army and married he was in texas) he asked me one day to take a leap of love and leave everything behind, to move to colorado and be with him. It took me two weeks to think it over as I knew it would be a big decision for me to make. But in the end, I leapt. He was great. We were great. Inseperable. But after a few months he was more interested in his computer than me. So I started playing the computer game he was to try and show that I had an interest in him and to be able to play with him. After 5months of living out there we had a fight and broke up. I moved home, hurt. But he said he didn't mean it and that he didn't want to let a fight get between us. So I leapt again.. it was march by the second time I moved to colorado. And once again he had eyes only for his computer. By june, I was fed up. I told him it was me or the computer. I'm home in dlware. Have been for almost two years now. We don't talk anymore.

I took the leap of love, and for me, it didn't work. I don't want to say it was a bad choice but I got to see the mountains and have new memories. I think a leap could work, but only if both of you understand that one person has made a great scarifice in leaving everything behind. Don't let yourselves drift apart. Be sure to always make time for each other. Hold hands. Cuddle. Go for walks. Don't live in seperate corners of the house.

I hope my tale helps. And thank you for reading.
 ChipperDean
Msg: 261
Posted: 9/2/2013 4:37:37 PM
I would relocate in a heart beat for the right person. I wouldn't let the miles keep me from being happy.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 262
Posted: 9/4/2013 3:49:13 PM
InYaFaCe- Not right now. All my children are where I am, my youngest just started high school and my daughter has a scholarship at a local college. My oldest son just had his first child with his wife.
When they get older I would consider it, but only if I were VERY sure of the relationship and we had the funds for travel to spend time with our family's.
 professora
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2014 11:07:26 AM
How does a person go about finding for a relocator?

I live in the country much of the week---a little city place for teaching week days-- and it would be nice to find a partner who would relocate to the farm with me.

One barrier is that I must be the lead dog :) and cant find that easy going follower yet.
 usernonymous
Msg: 264
Posted: 11/9/2014 4:56:45 AM
I was asked to, and I've regretted ever since. The one woman I wanted to marry, graduated 2 years before me and got a job in Austria. Asked me to move with her and finish my education there. I was asked to take a risk and in the end told her that a two year long distance relationship (in our early 20s nonetheless) would make our bond even stronger.....well it had the opposite reaction, and by the end of the second year she was seeing someone else, I had been sporadically dating a few women and when I got a job offer to work in hong kong and seoul, south korea, it didnt seem like a hard choice.

We met each other once since our breakup, and let me tell you, the embers were still burning bright and we realized it was our immaturity and long distance that killed the relationship, not the love we had for each other. But she was married (albeit unhappily) with 2 kids and I was with a girlfriend at the time.
 flyguy51
Msg: 265
Posted: 11/9/2014 7:13:47 PM
Well, I was considering not too long ago moving from Illinois to Australia for love, but, long story short, my wife is going to be moving from Australia to Illinois for love!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 266
Posted: 11/9/2014 9:02:53 PM
It would have to be a truly remarkable relationship to inspire me to sell my beautiful townhouse, pack all my stuff, and possibly quit my job to move elsewhere. All things considered, that is something that likely won't happen anytime soon.
 DragonBits
Msg: 267
Posted: 11/10/2014 8:05:06 AM
My first wife lived 40 feet from me when I met her and we started dating.

My second wife lived 8,554 miles from me when I met her and we started dating.

I was going to relocate, but it ended up making more sense for her to relocate.

I think it must be some sort of record for extremes.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >