Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DesertFox3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Why are the Ohio forums so dead?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Unless you enjoy playing in the mud with a truck, watching racing or a sports geek, there really aint shit to do or talk about in this state.

About sums it....... no wonder no one would find me interesting here.

Or your a hippie, then you can talk about all the weed you've smoked or how 4:20 is a great time of day and where the coolest head shop is.

What happens at 4:20? (am or pm?) There are still head shops around?? say how come it's legal to sell paraphanelia, yet illegal to posses it?
 writerlover
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Why are the Ohio forums so dead?
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:36:52 PM
Hell, if the rest of Ohio's dead, then Toledo is about to be sucked into non-existence! It seems that this town is the only place where women aren't attracted to brainy men with a good sense of humor. Instead, they go after dope-smoking hippies or guys so lacking in personality they have to cover themselves in tattos and piercings just to attract the "chicks." And a lot of the women here seem to be just as bad about it.

I've got nothing against tattoos or piercings. I might even get a couple, myself, some day, if I find one I'd like to have. But if I have to run into one more person who got one just because he or she "likes to be different", etc. my head might explode. Wake up, Toledoans! They don't make you different! It's so common around here it's become a freakin' cliche! .

Get it because you like the artistry, or agree with the meaning of the symbol, or something equally intellectual, but for God's sake DON'T get it thinking it makes you different or unique!

Ok, mindless rant over. But yeah, Ohio forums seem to be, if not dead, then at least has one foot in the grave.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:03:21 PM
Are Ohio people typically anti-social?

YES!!!

Well perhaps not anti-social, but very clique & to themselves or their own "in" groups.
 jblidner
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:17:16 AM
No, I don't think we are anti-social...

I think Ohians aren't really all about Ohio. So they respond better to topics posted in other forums.

Ohh and I can only really speak on this for Columbus and the bars I have managed... the boys in this state have absolutely zero game. Its tragic, really. I mean, pickup lines were invented as a dumb joke right? Guys actually use them in this city. I can't tell you how many pretty, good paying and tipping ladies I have lost over the years because I simply couldn't keep the 200th dude from walking up to her and saying "nice shoes, wanna F?"
 Jman30
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:41:04 AM
I just found this forum today myself!!

Ohio is such a big state, you forget how many other users are othere beyond your little geographical area
 ltoons
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 1:44:18 PM
You mean there is a ohio forum, ??????? AND NOBODY TOLD ME ??????? lmao. geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshh,,,,lol...
 Lone Stranger2000
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:28:19 AM
It's PARTAY time at least four times a week in the central Ohio and Cinci area-where else can you see Skip dance on command-Yo Skip
 Neysha61
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2007 7:23:42 AM
Event attendees post kudos, thanks and the like.
How many different ways can you possibly say GREAT TIME and it be different?
So they may not be dead persay, only a new subject needs to be brought up.

I know of a fish or two that used to post intelligent, articulate posts on various subjects that I and many others thoroughly enjoyed reading. Those posters have become almost silent. They are still members, but have clammed up.
Food for thought.
 CITB
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2007 9:37:47 AM
I didn't realize I was missed so much!
 Neysha61
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 7:57:59 AM
You two are gross.
Whine and cheese.
Well there are other places cheese could be so I guess between your teeth squishing away, the slightly bitter taste , gluing your jaw shut then slurping it all down with a big mouthful of dry raisin juice?
Like I said, you two are gross.

But I can't look away .....
 Neysha61
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 10:05:07 AM
Thinking seems to be "our" downfall my darling.
What say we give it up for a few days and hit .... VEGAS?
 Neysha61
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 12:31:20 PM
Lather ~ Rinse ~ Repeat.

It is indeed a small world after all!
 ColsOh1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 3:05:35 AM
Lets see,

It couldn't possibly be because the Mods came through here and cleaned house a couple of months ago.
 Chapma17
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/12/2007 10:53:55 AM
I kinda with dreamsalot, I really watch what i post anymore, because i do feel at times things get taking the worng way, or taking to far. When it gets to teh point that you have to get on here to defend yourself for thereason you started a thread or a post you made, it can be disheartening.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  >