Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grplaman
Msg: 8
What is an acceptable amount of years above and below your age to date?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I never dated or had sex with anyone younger than me....I like'em older, and/or hairier. the oldest i had was about 74
 debdeb07
Msg: 10
What is an acceptable amount of years above and below your age to date?
Posted: 10/25/2005 6:47:54 PM
FOR SOME REASON ,
MEN IN THEIR EARLY 20'S HAVE BEEN APPROACHING ME THE MOST. I HAVE DATED A FEW IF THEM AND FOUND THEM TO BE QUITE MATURE AND INTERESTING. I BELIEVE THERE ARE NO RULES. DO WHAT YOU FEEL MAKES YOU HAPPY! OPRAH SAYS THAT 4O IS WHAT 30 USED TO BE AND SO ON. PEOPLE LOOSEN UP AND ENJOY LIFE, AS WE ONLY GET ONE.
 c_deacon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2005 7:00:08 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about age at all????? I see many on here that look much older or younger than their profile claims but pictures show differently. We all age in ways that only nature and life experiences know and show as we get older.

As long as you are legal and not wearing training pants at either end, it should not matter, if you can relate to the one you are with and enjoy the experience.

Just my point of view......
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/9/2006 8:05:12 PM
I dont think there is an "acceptable" age difference.

Everyone has a different view.

Im 41 and date men from 24 - 49 (in the last year). Im personally comfortable with the person regardless of age. The 24 year old is mature for his age, the 49 year old is young for his age (in spirit).
 Bendilin
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/13/2006 11:19:30 PM
I dunno... if the person is old enough to be my parent, it just feels awkward to be "dating" them.

...Sugar mamas who wish for a pet to spend on however...

I'm only 19. I'm only going to be dating people around my age because I'm more comfortable with them. Anyone older will be nothing more than a 'fling' in my eyes. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
 Trishnaa
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/14/2006 5:04:07 PM
8 years above.Maybe 1 year below.Hey this is not a double standard.Anyone 17 is a minor!

~*Flavia*~
 Diva Po-Po Princess
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:00:47 PM
Well, I'm 27 and my man will be 45 on 07/04. We don't find it to be a problem until people say, "You were her 6th grade teacher?!?!?!"
 badjames
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/16/2006 1:09:29 AM
As long as its legal, any age is OK. Witness Hugh Hefner, 80, dating 20 somethings.
 tinyelfmomma
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 9:13:26 PM
Sure, age is just a number. But, I have dated (and been married to) guys both younger and older than me, and I have to say, I limit the age difference to no more than 10 years either way. My last husband was 16 years younger than me. It was fine at first, but then I started to realize that I had more in common with my mother-in-law (she was my age, exactly) than I did with my husband, like music. I have begun to think my mother was right. She said that a friend of hers had once told her that she would rather be an older man's sweetheart than a younger man's slave. In a way, it's true. The older guys I've been with actually treated me better than the younger ones. I think I'll stick with the older ones, but I'm not going so far as to look like I'm dating my father! Egad! He'd be a skeleton 'cause I'm 50! LOL!
 mb5546
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:03:21 PM
GOSH, THAT'S REFRESHING, WHERE DID YOU SAY YOU LIVED???
 JohnnyDeppsTwin
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/27/2006 8:15:58 AM
I'm 22 and would date someone as old as 45 - 50.
 ManeRider
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2006 9:08:19 PM
Jaime
It's a number. That's really all it is. It has so little to do with happy endings.

My parents are 17 yrs apart, dad being older. They're inseperable and vacation often. Their cruising Canadas eastern shores right now.

At 16, age matters a lot, because your circle of friends at that age are limited to within a couple years. At 20 or 25, people might still be very hesitant with the age difference. I think it's because the circle of friends might still be limited to others around your own age. Peer pressure makes us do a lot of things, it forms our opinions, and sometimes it gives us false perspective. IT would all depend on how much emphasis your friends opinions have on you.

Just my 2.2 cts wrth
Cheerz
 jg65
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/28/2007 10:19:05 PM
age should have nothing to do with a relationship
a lot of younger people are more mature than some adults much older
same with older people who act younger...
just look at the old fools running the government even a monkey could do a better job
(and a young monkey at that!!)
 thrums
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2007 6:16:45 PM
Age should not matter, in my youth (25) I dated a 16 year-old (I didn't realize at the time I was chatting to her how young she was) for two years she was mature beyond her years. This was with the consent and approval of her parents. It was non-sexual but she was a really nice person and I enjoyed every minute I spent with her. BTW this was in the UK (I am from Scotland originally) and this was legally acceptable.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >