Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > WOMEN and MEN ... would you like to date deaf people??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rottiedog
Msg: 151
view profile
History
WOMEN and MEN ... would you like to date deaf people??Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

can you be willing to learn sign language ??

Not just for the heck of it. If I met somebody online that was deaf and the email/IM was great then I would most certainly be up for the challenge.

would you like to be involved in our world ?? deaf socials ??

I'm not certain what "our world" entails. I know there is a faction of deaf people who look down on those with hearing, even to the point of trying to select a mate with the greatest probability of having deaf born children. I would not want to be anywhere near that mindset. If it's just a normal social thing then, sure - no big deal.

would you interpret for us what you talk bout when we are with you ? and on phone with your friends ??

The relevant bits. The phone part heck no. That just sounds like a control issue.

would you feel awkward when we are with you in front of your friends??

You mean moreso?

would you love us for us ??
do you think we are easy??

I assume these two are related. To me it's a subject of respect. It doesn't matter whether you can hear or not, if you don't respect yourself people will either walk away or else see what they can take from you.

go ahead tell me anything you want to share or ask .. go ahead

Don't have anything to share as I've never (knowingly) communicated with a deaf person before. The only question that comes to my mind is if you were born deaf, how does writing come to you? In other words, as I write I hear what I'm thinking. Sometimes it's almost like I'm taking dictation from a little voice at the back of my mind. I have thoughts that don't require words, but if I try to write them down I always hear them. Do you see signs as you write or is it just the letters themselves or something completely different?

one day i plan to write a book on survey bout deaf and hearing people..
smile
 jakl78
Msg: 152
view profile
History
WOMEN and MEN ... would you like to date deaf people??
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:31:11 PM
Yes ! Honest some deaf people i know are total sweetheart not corupted by this world and tend to be taken have yet to meet a single deaf person yet I care about personality and caringness compation and romance would the road traveled to be a part of a deaf persons life be any harder then another no just a differant hill in the road just as to learn a new language for love and be understanding i know some sign language but not good and speed signing i learned cued speach i feel it should be a universal language to be required to be learned in schools it is one thing that has helped me in life and i can say that it may be selfish and rude but i have had eye problems in the past and i have to beautiful children that i am now the sole surviving parent to them and i would honestly give limbs and hearing up as a choice verses sight i think that it is judgmental on all parts if one chooses not to befriend or get to know someone for lack or sight or hearing or walking everyone deserves to be loved.
 DRIFT RIG
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:22:54 PM
It has been my experience that most people who have suffered some loss like this are much more appreciative of every other senses they have, and as a side note, we wouldn't be forced to put the selection of music up to a committee meeting- so - yeah, you bet..
Most people tend to tune me out anyway, so what's the difference? haha..
 barbee1970
Msg: 154
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:27:37 PM
There was a very hard of hearing guy at the VFW liked me few years ago, but that would be a tough sell. I tend to be soft spoken.
 Gem With Flaws
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:29:14 PM
If you feel something for someone, you will work with them to develop communication and alleviate barriers.

If not, don't and move on, don't crucify someone for living life and having issues, no one is different from another.

We all need support. Don't give it begrudgingly, give it with your heart.
 Wanton Calf
Msg: 156
Posted: 10/20/2009 3:07:20 PM
I'm about to go deaf from the men shouting on the left about how repressed it is to not give in to every animal impulse, and on the right about how women who give it up too early are to blame for whatever bad behavior follows that.

Also I'm about to go insane from the apparently large overlap between these two populations.

Deaf people who want to integrate with hearing people have a tougher time of it, than deaf people who are comfortable working within the impressively supportive deaf community/network, but that chick in Children of a Lesser God (and in The Secret) sure made it look sexy, didn't she?
 SilverStarboy
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:40:26 PM
Of course I would. Deaf people are still people. Besides, I knew a deaf girl at school and I gotta say she was pretty cute
 AmorousLady
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2011 2:30:52 AM
I would actually love to date a deaf man...
I do not live close to a deaf community and would love to become involved with the deaf culture. I have a basics of ASL learned from my son who graduated WSD & his friends who would come visit on weekends. I really enjoyed the mix of both hearing & deaf kids in my home.

3 of my 4 children have different levels of hearing loss but when your hard of hearing you don't seem to fit in anywhere. I see my children are just like others and believe men & woman with hearing loss or deafness are the same. If there is a connection & an ablitly to communicate then what is the problem?

I'm willing to improve my ASL if he is willing to be patcient with my bumble hands.

Willing to meet Deaf or Hard of Hearing in WA or OR
 RyanTX
Msg: 159
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:56:30 AM
I would date a deaf lady and would love to learn sign language. No problem here.
 PickMe2
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/23/2011 2:58:35 PM
can you be willing to learn sign language ??

I know ASL

can you be patience??

PATIENT - yes very

would you like to be involved in our world ?? deaf socials ??

I love PAD (Pittsburgh area deaf club) and pittsburgh area deaf/hearing socials - it is a great way to practice sign

would you interpret for us what you talk bout when we are with you ? and on phone with your friends ??

to the best of my ability

would you feel awkward when we are with you in front of your friends??

NEVER

if you want to date deaf people tell me why??

Because I have worked with the deaf and am comfortable with the culture eventhough it is not always accepting of hearing people entering the circle. I have many deaf friends from years of contact through workk and now socials. But mainly I would date someone for all thye same reasons I would date anyone - because they treat me well and I treat them well and we have a mutual physical attraction and interests. I don't descriminate.

would you love us for us ??

DUH

do you think we are easy??

That doesn't even make sense.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOOK
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/23/2011 5:17:29 PM
Some people are, among other things, deaf---or blind, or blonde, or short, or heavy, or ripped, or bi-polar, or good-looking, or well-educated, or dog-lovers, or opera fans, or pilots, or, or, or, or, or. . .

A characteristic like deafness is, to me, no different than any other characteristic. Sometimes that characteristic is a choice, sometimes it is not. Regardless, the person is a whole package and one characterisitic does not define them, at least not in my eyes. One characteristic is unlikely to "make or break" it with me--unless that person chooses to define themselves by one characteristic, thereby becoming one-dimensional and not very interesting.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 5:49:06 PM
Of course!! She wouldn't hear me muttering swear words while I'm unclogging the garbage disposer andd working on her car
There might be a problem with my sign language spelling since after a few snakebites my fingers aren't what they used to be
 Pingshooter
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:51:28 AM

Absolutely.
 Nats4
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/24/2011 3:31:14 PM
I know a little sign language, but communication would be too difficult with a deaf person who couldn't lip read. I know a lot of people in that community can read lips and speak.

I'm not a patient person, but I am polite.

I never feel awkward with friends, no matter who I'm with. Deafness or any difficulty (mental illness, physical disability, etc) is nothing to be ashamed of.

I don't want to specifically date deaf people, but if I fell in love with one and communication worked, I would date them for who they are. Which also answers the next question.

Never heard deaf people described as easy. If you were a deaf guy, I would assume you were easy, but that would be because you were a guy, not because you were deaf.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/25/2011 2:29:37 AM
I tend not to date girls that speak english as their first language, if they speak it at all.
would I be willing to learn another language to have a successful relationship with a girl I love?
Without hesitation.
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/25/2011 9:45:21 AM
I was born with a clubbed hand, so its impossible for me to sign due to lack of movement I have in that hand. Because of this reason, I wouldn't date somebody who's deaf. Would make it too hard for me to communicate.
 wildandfreee
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/25/2011 6:25:58 PM
yes if we have similar mindset in some area of life i will learn anything, i will make her my shadow to me there is no difference
 marjorie450
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/16/2013 12:48:20 PM
I like deaf man. i was deaf woman. please help me find deaf man
 marjorie450
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/16/2013 12:51:54 PM
I am deaf woman. i wearing hearing aids.
 mark/1948
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2013 2:48:02 PM
well, i am deaf in one in and use a hearing aid in the other. i still go on the stage from time to time, and so far the most part so good. i have a zen setting, so when i want a little peace, bada bing, bada boom. i don't have to hear to know what's going on, or how a peson feels. hearing and sight, just enhances the feelings. i sometimes ask for something to be repeateted, but i will give you my attention, can hearing people say the same. one more thing, as a culture, heaing is going to pot (w/all the devices in the ears, etc.). the question was wooden eye date a deaf person, sure. which reminds me, did you ever hear the one about...............................mark
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/16/2013 2:52:32 PM
I would date anyone,but I am not smart enough to learn sign language.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/16/2013 8:30:56 PM
ilove2smile-For the right person I would learn to sign and be patient.
I have hearing loss in both ears, especially my right ear, so I can relate.
I've never had someone think I'm easy because I don't hear well.
Please include those of us like me in your survey, people who aren't deaf but don't hear well, there are a lot of us :)
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/18/2013 1:48:38 AM
^^^Good post. Over the years, I've lost hearing in my right ear to some degree. I've had it checked out and it is infact tennitis. I have no issues dating a woman who's deaf, none. It's an obstacle sure, but so are others, who cares really? Kenn said it best, eventually, we'll all become disabled at some point in our lives. Walk slower, hearing loss, bad back/knees/walk with a cane or a walker, etc. If I care enough about that person, wouldn't bother me a bit.

Good luck to you op, make sure you find someone who has no issues with your hearing loss.
 annywn
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/18/2013 2:53:01 AM
I'm fairly certain I date them exclusively. Otherwise known as men. :)
 Lone-Loser
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/18/2013 3:02:58 AM
Is it hard to learn sign language?(I tried to learn both french and Chinese, and while i got the basics down, I could not learn much more than a 1st grader can when compared to English)

Patience is easy to have :D and what exactly sort of things do deaf people do(the socials thing). and for the rest, for any other reason, i don't see it being 'different' than being with someone who can hear.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > WOMEN and MEN ... would you like to date deaf people??