Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > breast milk, and not preg, and very healthy. for years.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marita_b
Msg: 6
view profile
History
breast milk, and not preg, and very healthy. for years.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
the way they used to prevent milk production in women who did not want to nurse their babies,...was to tell them to bind themselves as tightly as they could,....since any stimulation even though causes production so unless you want to be a human cow and donate to the premie wards that always need more,...you might want to try that,...it will be uncomfortable for a while,...but milk production can go on forever unless the need is terminated so extracting it is not a good idea,....if you want to end this,.....

you might notice a reduction if you monitor and decrease you fluid input,..output,...levels,....

which would mean you have to measure all fluids,...both coming and going,....and keep a careful watch on dehydration,...

Why your doctors haven't told you this is beyond me,...but knowing as many as I do,....
they are always looking for the unusual to write a paper on,....make sure your needs come before theirs,....stop draining manually though,...that's the first step and,...although it may feel like it,...you can't actually explode,....

BTW,...if I were you I would get advice from the local midwives,....they still exist,...
stay away from the experts on breast feeding because you'll end up pumping and donating 'till you drop,....that's their pet thing for the most part,.....

Doctors are actually taught very little about this subject,...
most of their advice is what's popular culturally speaking,....

but this also means hubby has to keep his mitts off untill everything has stopped completely for at least 1 week,....
 marita_b
Msg: 7
view profile
History
breast milk, and not preg, and very healthy. for years.
Posted: 11/29/2005 12:16:08 PM
scarlet sparrow that's a very bad idea unless she wants to be lactating forever
 sammysalt
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/1/2005 1:02:22 AM
I don't do any thing to increase the flow of the milk. I don't do every much, as long as they are left alone. (They don't drip are nothing, but you mess with them there is milk.) I just don't understand why I do it at all. Was wondering how many people out there do it, and get there input on it.
 UrbanMyth
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:20:09 PM
Just wondering if you have tried leaving cabbage im your bra for a week or two. My guess is your breasts get stimulated way too easy. Although, breast milk to known to keep people healthy, so if you wanna make sure your husband stays fit as a newborn...I'll stop there.
 sammysalt
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/11/2005 4:23:25 PM
stpaul- I haven't been on meds for a few years now. I did do meds when I get a bad cold are something, about one are two times a year. I use to take meds for my back years ago on a reg bases, before I was operated on, but no longer. Unles the meds back then started it, but the doctor says it should of stopped when the meds stopped.

sessieloubob-I had my blood, and milk tested, nothing came back bad on the test. I will bring it up next time I go in for a check up. I will have him check for it. I only go to the doctor a few times a year. So it might be a little wile. But I will ask him to check for that.
Although I got my tubs tied because I would get pregant anytime I had sex with out useing something. Thats why I have three kids. Plus I have always had normal monthlys, maybe a few times in my life has it ever went nutty on me, and the doctor said it was due to my age, and it was normal. I could count it on one hand. My libido is fine no problems there. If it wasn't I would say so. So it don't sound like thats why I am doing it, but I will look it up on the net, and ask the doctor to check for it. Just to be sure. It might be something he already checked for, but I will ask and see.

Because you make milk you know its not that big of a pain, just gets tender somethimes. I am just tring to understand why I do it. I didn't make any milk when I was pregant ever, so I find it odd that I do now, and it hasn't went away.
Thanks for sending me a e-mail letting me know you posted here. I had gave up on checking it, because it just seamed no one knew why. Thanks for your input if it is, are isn't it.
 sammysalt
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2005 4:45:53 PM
I checked it out on the net, and it more are less said the same thing you just did, plus a person might have problems with their eyes. I use to wear glasses for reading as a kid, but as I got older my eyes got better. I was told from a few different eye doctors that I don't need glasses anymore. I did a goggle search and came up with three sights on it. Thanks for adding your input, even if I don't have it, someone else might, so thanks for posting on it.
 messalina21
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/22/2008 8:35:05 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I've had all the tests, been screened for a prolactinoma and still no-one can tell me why it's happening. It's quite frustrating, but the doctors keep assuring me nothing is wrong. Apparently it's not all that uncommon and often will go away after another pregnancy or hormonal shake up of some kind.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > breast milk, and not preg, and very healthy. for years.