Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Howard Stern?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Simlasa
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Howard Stern?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
When I first heard him it was refreshing to hear someone pointing out all the hypocrisy and bullcrap going on in the world... disrespecting the folks who get respect for no good reason.
After a while though it felt more and more like a neverending frat party... full of juvenile giggling and yuck yuck jokes...
He was the edge, but the edge has passed him by...
Nowadays I'd rather listen to Bill Maher and Jon Stewart.
 cubanguy
Msg: 27
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/14/2007 11:02:59 PM
..."I find him disgusting these days"...

Interesting...
At the peak of his career, when become the #1 host radio talk show the poll showed:

No.1 reason why people listen, loving his talk: because the nasty that he his.
No.1 reason why people listen, hating his talk: to know what he will say next.

His multimillion dollar contract to work for satellite radio was signed because those very same reasons. It should be true.
 paddle my own canoe
Msg: 28
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 5:10:09 AM
Hey the guy has a zillion bucks in the bank, a hot gf who he's going to marry and isn't on a dating site, so he must be doing something right.
 calaf
Msg: 29
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 5:29:17 AM
How do we know that he is not on a dating site somewhere? Joan Rivers is on Match.
 paddle my own canoe
Msg: 30
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 7:07:59 AM
^^^ I know she keeps phonning me. It's not my baby I keep telling her. I'm so not watching the her on the shopping channel any more.
 devilsadvocate7
Msg: 31
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 10:11:16 AM
Is Howard a pervert on his show.....yes.....dirty & foul mouthed.....yes. Why do you think he's a millionaire??? He wouldn't be popular if people weren't tuning into him.

He's playing the media and everyone else.....and he's taking home truckloads of cash in the meantime...all for the sake of talking dirty!!!! Smart Man!!! How do you know what he's really like behind closed doors??

It is a ploy only......
 Fry Lock
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 12:14:21 PM
I hate him. He killed Anna Nicole for her money and...

oh, you mean THAT Howard Stern?

I've heard he's hung like a hamster.

I'm just saying.

Fry
 nipoleon
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 1:49:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with Howard that a good comedy writer couldn't cure.
What he needs is a good writer.
I like raw humor as much as anyone else, but Howard's just not funny.
And neither is Imus.
I think that in order to be a radio talk show host, you must be the most self-important, over stuffed, conceited, narcissistic, ( did I say self-important ), personality possible.
 nice2cu
Msg: 34
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:57:49 PM
IMO Howard's 'shtick' has painted itself into a corner.
It was once fresh and exciting but now it's old and tired.
I think he's gotten all the milage out of it now but if he changes...revamps his whole character...he'll lose everything he's worked towards all these years.
I admire him for what he has accomplished which is 'notoriety'.
He built a whole business around a made-up character.

It's time to turn the channel now..
 Byrd
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 7:41:25 PM
I like anyone that is outspoken and doesn't really care what others think..I tell ya though I don't like Dr Laura she really pisses me off..She writes a column for our local paper works out near my home and lives nearby I've walked passed her quite a few times she looks at me like I'm from outer space...Sorry about the off topic.
 YLAM
Msg: 36
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/15/2007 8:44:47 PM
heheheeeee i like homeless jeopardy the best

no.....

wait.....

the kilbassa queen always cracks me up.

"for one dollar can you tell me what day it is?.............."

heheheeeee
 goaliebns
Msg: 37
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/17/2007 5:08:10 AM
You got be kidding.. Howard Stern is the best.. 6 million paid subscribers can't all be wrong..

Try listening to boring free radio and listen to the same songs repeated, or the same talk/weather every 20 minutes. It is bad enough to have a 1 hour commute without that..

Howard is more than shock.. He is the first reality show.. He lets you in on the behind the scenes bickering with his show and the lives of the people on his show.. It is like you are family..

He asks pointed questions of his guests not what their publicist has staged for them to be asked.. Get over the occasional shock. The target audience is male 21 - 60..

The Howard on Demand TV show is also great. You get to see what the characters all look and act like better than the E-show was.

If you don't get him don't slag him, for those of us that do
 goaliebns
Msg: 38
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/17/2007 5:10:35 AM
You got be kidding.. Howard Stern is the best.. 6 million paid subscribers can't all be wrong..

Try listening to boring free radio and listen to the same songs repeated, or the same talk/weather every 20 minutes. It is bad enough to have a 1 hour commute without that..

Howard is more than shock.. He is the first reality show.. He lets you in on the behind the scenes bickering with his show and the lives of the people on his show.. It is like you are family..

He asks pointed questions of his guests not what their publicist has staged for them to be asked.. Get over the occasional shock. The target audience is male 21 - 60..

The Howard on Demand TV show is also great. You get to see what the characters all look and act like better than the E-show was.

calaf
Msg: 39
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/19/2007 3:11:56 PM
I still think the light bulb guy was the best. I really liked win Fred's money too. I would love to see him go up against Ken Jennings. Who do you think would win? Remember hooker howiewood squares? I think that was on the old show before the E show.
 nice2cu
Msg: 40
Howard Stern?
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:47:40 AM
I used to be a fan.
I tuned in every day for about three years during my commute to work, but after listening that long it got boring.
The same old tired crap.
Gotta give him credit for keeping on trying though.
He's a smart man.
I guess I just grew out of it..
 weebs28
Msg: 41
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:36:53 AM
The howard on satellite radio isn't all that disgusting. Tune in to Bubba the Love Sponge and you'll hear much worse and they do much worse. I never listened to Howard when he was on terrestrial radio because I couldn't be bothered so I can't really compare the younger howards stern to this one but I agree with whoever said he isn't necessarily the same personality at home as he is on the radio. I can speak for the fact that Howard brought a lot of listeners to Sirius with him. I used to be able to phone other Sirius talk shows and get right through to chat. I can't necessarily do that anymore due to the increase in listeners since Howards come along.
 coca2
Msg: 42
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:22:06 PM
20 years ago he was funny.. and clean. I would listen to him on the radio on my way to college. Now, it's all the same. Are your boobs real and are you a lesbian? Day 2, are you a lesbian and are your boobs real... day 3,4,5,6,7 on and on.. all the same boring crap.Bring back the Stern of 20 years ago and I'll listen.. That's why I got XM instead .
 t-gurl
Msg: 43
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/12/2007 8:14:33 AM

Just curious. Do you apply the same attitude towards Stern himself? If he doesn't "get" something or someone, then he shouldn't "slag" them for those of us that do?
 DarlenaNS
Msg: 44
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/12/2007 5:46:37 PM
I am an information junkie. But I am not a useless information junkie. I have listened to Howard Stern one time, and he was a complete insult to my intelligence. And to think people are actually paying to listen to him!
 GvMeUrAttn
Msg: 45
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/12/2007 7:23:08 PM
Yeah- I used to watch him when he was on the regular tv channels but since he went to his own station I haven't watched him.

Blah- lost intrest..not worth the extra money to get sirius radio or his station on the box.
 gotphish?
Msg: 46
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/13/2007 12:14:17 AM
I would rather watch paint dry or grass grow than to watch Howard Stern.
 Geneseo
Msg: 47
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/13/2007 6:08:44 PM

20 years ago he was funny.. and clean.

Howard clean? I don't remember that, and I used to listen to him when he first started out in New York, with Don Imus.

He got boring real fast however. I have tuned into him on rare occasions just to see if he had anything new to talk about, but he sounds like a broken record.

Now, Imus on the other hand. He has charisma, and is smart as a whip.
 coca2
Msg: 48
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/14/2007 8:49:30 AM
20 years ago, he was alot cleaner.....
 Leana76
Msg: 49
Howard Stern?
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:25:03 PM
He's too much for me and too vulgar. It's a little "slutty" too (well, at least most of his female guests on his show).
 goaliebns
Msg: 50
Howard Stern?
Posted: 4/27/2007 4:30:00 AM
Ladies his target audience is guys.. Of course you don't 'get him'.. Just like we don't get Romance Novels..

His behind the scene is amazing.. Robyn just broke up with Mr. X but did it on the Bubba show and not on Howards. Gary just got screamed at for mucking up something for his boss. Where do you hear someone getting taken to task like that anymore, in this politically correct world ?

Everyone steals from Howard.. Leno and his Jaywalking first done by Howard years before. There is now a game show doing the same thing.. Are you smarter than a 5th grader ? .. Howard has been doing that for years before.

Not all his stuff is riskee that would be too boring. He just had his employees kids in asking then match game like questions of their father, to see how much they knew their dad. Of course all clean..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Howard Stern?