Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fake Pictures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DomG79
Msg: 223
Fake PicturesPage 14 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I caught a girl on here using a pic of a friend of mine. The girl I know, who was the actual girl in the pic is in her early 20's, married, a devout Christian, doesn't smoke, and has no children. The person who used this pic claimed to be 33, smokes often, "Other" religion, and has a son. I contacted my friend and let her know, and then I reported the fraudulent profile. It is now deleted.
 leagueofextraordinarymen
Msg: 224
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/1/2012 5:44:02 AM
Who would fake a pic like mine lol...yet it gets deleted weekly.....I'm guessing it gets reported for being fake or not me....how would people on here know if its me or not....so I had to include another pic on my profile showing myself without a beard and glasses....
 Lionesse19
Msg: 225
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:30:03 AM
lone stranger

Not everyone is playing with a full deck of cards is all. Many a man would have turned tail and run without speaking but surely she wont do that again. Just inviting rejection. It is not as if she doesn't know she is huge as she had posted a pic of her sister, which is foolish anyway. It takes all kinds and you have to expect the worse on dating sites and hope for the best, I guess. Never cease to be amazed at the stories I hear on here. I have had a couple of similar experiences and I just prefer the forums, much more interesting.
 That_girl*
Msg: 226
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:34:32 AM
off the top of my head there was a guy which im still sure is on here using pics of a man that where from a weight lifting workout site..

besides the obvious give away of the pictures looking very photo shopped an downloaded he tried his hardest to convince me that HEY thats really me why would i lie to you act..however captain obvious not paying attention didnt notice that 1 of the pics had a trademark copyright symbol at the bottom saying from google,,

when i casually pointed this out to him with in 3 minutes he had took that inparticular pic down then blocked me..

i was confussed as to how come i was the 1 who got blocked when mr fake muscle google man was the 1 called out for lying an using fake images you would have thought i was the 1 to pull this s hit an he was mad at me..

some people have a lot of nerve thats all i can say..
 ssr51
Msg: 227
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/4/2012 9:24:36 AM
I meet'em in person, no IM'ing. If you look nothing like your picture, which has happened. I'm up and gone on the spot and if you are offended and embarassed, too bad. This happened to me twice on meet and greets. One used her sisters picture and the other photo-shopped the hell out her picture. After confirming who they were, I brought up their pics on my phone and just left.
 a_Libra_rising
Msg: 228
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/5/2012 7:01:53 AM
^
that user used a fake pic. i find his responses ironic.
 jennink26
Msg: 229
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/5/2012 12:45:18 PM
I always report the fake pictures that I see :)
 Pingshooter
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/5/2012 5:24:58 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned...TinEye is a program you can download, and right click on the pic, hit TinEye in the drop down box, and it will search the internet for the picture.
 SONNI100
Msg: 231
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/5/2012 5:32:25 PM
I'll take ya, Papi~~~
 jennink26
Msg: 232
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/5/2012 6:24:57 PM
thanks pingshooter ill see if i can use it.
 causinghavoc
Msg: 233
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 10:57:15 AM
I had a meet last night. In his pics he looked about 45 and in shape. In person...he looked about 65. And was wearing dirty clothes. Then he says "You're really beautiful....did you loose weight? Because you look a little heavier in your pics". UMMMM NO!!! But thanks for critiquing my pics.
 DomG79
Msg: 234
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 1:29:03 PM

I had a meet last night. In his pics he looked about 45 and in shape. In person...he looked about 65. And was wearing dirty clothes. Then he says "You're really beautiful....did you loose weight? Because you look a little heavier in your pics". UMMMM NO!!! But thanks for critiquing my pics.

Hilarious! You should have brought your dog and scared him away.
 mia9173
Msg: 235
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:01:14 PM
That has not happened to me YET but now I am leary, again, of these sites. I think he was to worm his way in for a botty call.
 causinghavoc
Msg: 236
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/7/2012 9:22:55 PM
Both of my dogs!! My profile even says I don't want to start on a lie....and he still contacted me and lied. Loser. Did he think he was going to magically go back in time when we met?
 classicchassis
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:07:42 PM
I think there may be something more to this. I've run into some who are apparently here to scam. If they won't answer a direct question about the location of a picture and then suddenly swap the picture rather than say where it was taken? What about the ones who seem to be having trouble with English language but they have a Bachleors degree? There seem to be a lot of foreigneers here or are they just modern day Gypsies who have found a better way to get money. Put widow on your profile and they think you are rich.
 classicchassis
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:11:58 PM
thanks for the info
 Mousears
Msg: 239
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:22:32 PM
My version of this scam is: I get a msg from someone who is fairly nice looking. They often have a son maybe living elsewhere, or w/a relative in a foreign country. They usually have poor English, say they're from Italy or Norway, or ? And--can't come visit because they're working on a big project, either here or afar. I've gotten quite a few of these, and am beginning to think it's the same guy, finding me on different chat sites. Anyone else find this sounds familiar? My surmise is that after they butter me up, they'll probably ask for money, but I never let it get that far.
 Mousears
Msg: 240
Fake Pictures
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:28:29 PM
That doesn't work for me; I live in Quartzsite, AZ, and NO-ONE lives near here. I have to get a relationship going online, and hope that someday I'll find someone close enough that we have maybe meet half-way. And yet, I know a couple I met at karaoke who met on MySpace--him from Oklahoma, her from Oregon. He drove to meet her, and then even moved to Oregon and they got married. Hope springs eternal, eh?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fake Pictures