Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fake Pictures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 good n plenty
Msg: 26
Fake PicturesPage 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Well, in this world there are two types of people,
those that have a LIFE and those that have to make one up.

Isn't the internet fun ????
 DavePinFlorida
Msg: 27
Fake Pictures
Posted: 10/30/2005 6:06:20 AM
Well it's nice to hear that you try to respond to everyone. Makes me wish I actually emailed ya, but the point I was trying to make is that sometimes men who feel that they might've done something stupid and screwed up their chances, or men with low self esteem but who know they are good hearted people, might go that route to open up the communication lines. As I said before, I'm not condoning it, it's wrong for any reason to misrepresent yourself. That's why I actually lopped my head partially off for that pic instead of photoshopping it!
 good n plenty
Msg: 28
Fake Pictures
Posted: 10/30/2005 6:11:58 AM
Dave, your a fake !!, how do you see the keyboard
with your head lopped off like that ???
 xWolfSpiritx
Msg: 29
Fake Pictures
Posted: 10/30/2005 6:58:13 AM
My thought on this is the ones that post the fake pictures are not happy with themselves. If they are truly looking for that one person to light up their life, they need to be grounded and secure within. I can see posting other pics but if they really intend on being honest with someone then have another picture that is recent posted also.
 TMP
Msg: 30
Fake Pictures
Posted: 10/31/2005 7:36:07 AM
I can understand that posting a pic draws more interest, but I myself would rather talk to the person first to get to know if they are honest. Im sure there are alot of fake outdated pics on here. SO who do you believe someone with or without a pic. I myself prefer to mail a pic after Ive talked, just my feelings.
 beautifulwoman4u
Msg: 31
Fake Pictures
Posted: 10/31/2005 11:14:55 AM
Well ya know, I'm always trying to improve and always kind of battling with my self esteem a bit but it's a personal struggle and I think my embarrassment of meeting someone and not looking at least similar to my pics would be more humiliating than having tons of people seeing pics of me with all my flaws included. So if I can be brave enough to post my pics then I expect my potential date to be honest with me too. As far as showing pics online to potentials, well, I figure that most men are very visual beings and they just need to see what or whom they are writing to to motivate them to do so and I do not want them to write if they are not initially attracted because it seems like an important elliment to a man for their relationship as far as the "attraction" factor go's. So I feel it is important to represent yourself as recently and as well as you can at least I think....to find a guy that will be interested enough to contact and communicate. It seems that most just need that visual to motivate them. I'm new at this so I deffinently could be wrong..who knows.
 sarcasticgeek
Msg: 32
Fake Pictures
Posted: 10/31/2005 11:25:28 AM
I say that your situation is an inherent risk in any kind of blind date scenario. You're going to get some that look much worse than their pics, and some that actually look better (I need to meet more of these lol). Who knows why people do it? Does it really matter? Each individual may have a different reason, so you will never be able to take one rule and apply it to all. Just cut your losses and move on to the next date!
 xXxPhotonxXx
Msg: 33
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:17:55 PM
I agree… I’ve heard stories from folks who have met people that didn’t look anything like their photo… Man… What goes through my mind when I hear that is, “what were they thinking? Did they actually believe that no one would notice?”

When I create a profile I figure the honesty is the best policy. I don’t want you to fall in love with a fiction. A fiction can be maintained only so long and that at the expense of a lot of energy.

But if it’s ME you see right from the beginning and you feel a connection with that then were really gonna have a good shot at this… Why? ‘Cuz that’s who I am from beginning to end… Just me. :)
 jon525
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/5/2005 4:23:11 AM
Hey I like blonds... after all just how importan is what color someones hair is. O do believe we can all change that small item without much work.
But for those who post a picture that doesn't look like who they are today. Lets look at the real problem with that. Who wants to meet someone that can't even start out by being Honest enough to post a current picture of them self.
I have had the pleasure of hearing " You look just like your pictures" and my reply has always been " I am susposed too" But you can be sure then didn't...
Life is fun make the choice and always make the best or whatever.
Jon
 §Vixen§
Msg: 35
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:31:05 AM
Here's a thought. Does anyone realize that they might be talking to someone that's 14 or 15 years old? When I signed up I wasn't asked to prove that I was any certain age. If you were talking to a kid then they would need a pic of someone else to get you to talk to them right? There's a lot of kids on the net with nothing better to do. My son has friends that join these sites all of the time and play after mom and dad goes to bed. There's no real way of knowing if anything anyone says on here is true. The only real thing is if you meet them in person and you see the person in front of you that's got their actual pic on their profile!
Vixen
 fit4aking
Msg: 36
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/5/2005 8:03:43 AM
This subject is a never ending story. The down side of technology is tha we never know. We think that we are safe and secure with the distance factor, we all know that adults should be more intelligent than kids. Kids would post another pix. Start to decifer the people who you communicate with based on some lack of intelligence.
 evanevan6
Msg: 37
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:25:29 PM
Most of the time its not that they are using fake pictures to deceive you.
It's mostly hope and putting your best foot forward.
They put up their best pic, because htey truly believe that they still sort of look like that.
Or they think, "yeah that's me." I just need to trim 15 lbs and use some wrinkle cream and I'll look just like that again.
To others tho it can be a shock upon meeting.
Evan
 delytful
Msg: 38
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/9/2005 8:23:05 AM
Well, it does go for both men and women, although I just hear the guys complain about it in the forums, since I don't go searching women's profiles LOL But, yeah, I think it bites. First off, if you are supposed to actually meet them, how are you supposed to recognize them if the pic isn't accurate. The first meeting is uncomfortable enough without trying to find a face that doesn't exist (exist anymore?) Second, the last time I met someone who did that, even though he seemed to be a nice enough guy, I just can't get over the initial dishonesty, so I don't think I will see him again.
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 39
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/9/2005 8:40:45 AM
I just need to make a comment to a couple of replies that were made.

@ jamminjerry~ that was uncalled for.. .. the whole blonde comment.. .. the lady was asking for advice and well .. .. if you don't have any.. . then don't post.. .. k? (said with a smile, not being mean)

@fit4aking~ I'm on my way to NYC to see if your pics are real or fake.. ..

OT~ The first month I was on this site I got an email from a guy that was very interesting, his picture showed a very hansome 39 year old man that had a great job and seemed to have the exact same interests as me.. .. we emailed and IM'd each other for about a week.. .. I am a "voice" person.. .. I may not need to see you face to face to know if I'm going to like you but I do need to hear what you sound like.. .. well he kept putting it off and putting it off so I said unless we "talk" I'm not communicating with you anymore.. .. well I got the call.. .. and I'm telling you people this man was at least in his 60's.. .. I confronted him about it and well needless to say never heard from him again.. .. .. so new rule.. .. Must hear your voice and get on the webcam.. .. show me that you are what and who you say you are or no dice buddy.. .. .. I would be very suspicious of this guy and confront him about it.

~Pour
 anadarial
Msg: 40
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:25:56 PM
Hey "yopaulie"

his pictures aren't fake

neither are the orgasms he gives, OMG!

too bad it didnt' work out,

sorry tryin to gigve you something to keep erasing yoru past messages.

best sex ever!

i'm working on a new goal tho....LOL

still trying to beat my record, man yopaulie you made it hard to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Tinkle
Msg: 41
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/22/2005 3:42:21 AM
All i have to say is, FEAR ME! raaaarggh. EEP! Oh, sorry just my shadow.
 Tinkle
Msg: 42
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/22/2005 7:47:17 AM
Celeb pics shouldn't last long here. Against the rules. I had my yoda pics deleted:(
 MtLoopHiker
Msg: 43
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/22/2005 7:02:25 PM

This subject is a never ending story. The down side of technology is tha we never know.

I can guarantee I look at least as attractive as the currently posted pic.
 spankedtwice
Msg: 44
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/22/2005 7:03:03 PM
You put up a fake pic because you will get a ton of people who will start being real nice to you. I hate to say it but all the women in my area go by look and looks only. It doesnt seem to matter if your pic is ten times better looking than them. I did notice that most ugly women chickened out from meeting me. Just wanted to flirt on the net.
 cgrcry
Msg: 45
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/27/2005 12:23:31 PM
i object! there is a difference between intentionally misleading pictures and pictures used to say something about oneself. mine for example. when i was on this site before, i posted normal pictures. the responses i got were from people who werent interested in me. they all had preconceived ideas of who i was.
 white_rain
Msg: 46
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/27/2005 12:30:06 PM
yeah so i find this guy..and im absolutly head over heels for him and he is the cutest guy i have ever seen and he actually likes me...well guess what..the picture he was showing..or rather the many pictures he was showing where of a singer that i have now come to really like..when i questioned him about this he said he was related to the singer and they look alot alike..im like well then let me see your web cam..his reply..uh its broken
 c_deacon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/27/2005 12:32:51 PM
That is why I would prefer multiple pictures on a profile and the willingness to send more pictures to an email as you get to know the person......

As you feel more and more comfortable, the cam option is there and hopefully you will find the time and place to meet and make it all real.......

If you have the sparks and attitude....real is the best and it all starts here with some real pictures and conversation.....just my opinion....
 torentrap
Msg: 48
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:42:57 PM
I agree , what's the point ?
 get_over_it
Msg: 49
Fake Pictures
Posted: 1/11/2006 11:22:20 AM
real or fake... doesn't matter if the person isn't ever planning to meet anyone from here does it?

I'm just here for the forums and talking other people besides the 2 people I live with all the time.
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 50
Fake Pictures
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:27:39 PM
Jamminjerry33--What are you trying to say about blondes? and I don't find the humor in it.Your message had nothing to do with the thread.You saw she was blonde from the start so why did you bother at all? -sigh- another sterotypical person...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fake Pictures