Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fake Pictures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vixen24
Msg: 101
Fake PicturesPage 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I agree with you. Many guys have sent me pics of themselves when they were much younger. When I meet them it is a real disappointment.
 *Flavia*
Msg: 102
Fake Pictures
Posted: 8/19/2006 10:16:07 PM
I think it'd be best to ask someone to show themselves on a web cam if you sense that thier picture is old or fake.
 Racer71
Msg: 103
Fake Pictures
Posted: 8/20/2006 7:12:39 AM
^^^^
not everyone has a webcam.. I don't have one but most of my pics have a timestamp on them
 Billywiz1
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 8/20/2006 8:40:30 AM
Cant say why people post false pictures on POF but in the end if they are going to meet then its point less because the first question you will ask is if they can tell lies about their true likeness what else have they told lies about. Since you are so good looking, I would say move on, as the site says there are plenty of fish out there go find yourself another one. Good luck.
 ratpackleader
Msg: 105
Fake Pictures
Posted: 8/30/2006 11:10:37 PM
LOL! I LOVE THE ONES THAT TAKE THEIR PICTURES AND RUN THEM THRU A PHOTO SCANNING PROGRAM THEN AIR BRUSH THIER TITS FROM AN "A" TO DOUBLE D'S AND FORGET TO PUT THE NIPPLES BACK IN!!!THEN TRY TO CUT OUT ABOUT 40 LBS FROM THEIR TUMMIES AND HIPS. "BE AFRAID....BE VERY AFRAID!
 janosik
Msg: 106
Fake Pictures
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:18:21 AM
How about those pet pics, where the pet is actually cuter than the owner..lol
 TWINSUGARPLUM
Msg: 107
Fake Pictures
Posted: 8/31/2006 8:22:25 AM
Hi
I have been on here for a week. And I cant understand why people lie about there self. For
instance you talk on here and you seem to think well he seems to be a cool person. And you decide to go out with him. So when you get there you are looking for him, and you see no one that looks like the picture he had on his profile. Then this man who looks 15 years older comes up to you and says he is him. This has happened to me several times. Or you see a hunk of a guys picture, and you start talking to him. So the 2 of you start exchangeing pictures. And he sends you one of someone that looks totally different. You ask him who it is and he says oh thats me. And he is older and dont look anything like the hunk. And 1 more example I got ready to go out to met this guy. Well he got out of his car and walked over to me. I got out and stood up and wow the 5 ft. 10 in guy was shorter than me,and iam 5 foot 7. Come on guys why the lies....... I want a man that tells the truth its in my profile. Why cant men just tell the truth. Thanks for hearing me out. I WISH YOU THE BEST IN FINDING YOUR TRUE LOVE.
 junipermoon
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/1/2006 9:49:59 AM
so, this morning i get a barely legible email from some ga boy claiming that, according to the text in my profile, i'm way too flaky to actually look like my pictures. he tells me that i haven't looked that way in a long time. i replied that the photo was taken this summer as part of a fund-raiser.

well, he gets even more abusive (in his own semi-literate manner). this went on for a few emails until i blocked him.

until and unless you meet in person, don't assume photos are false.
 tutu4me
Msg: 109
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/1/2006 11:39:04 AM
usually mean trouble and of course fake people I would not continue the date
 torentrap
Msg: 110
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/5/2006 5:34:33 PM
I really do actually miauw & purr when petted
 ljohn68
Msg: 111
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/5/2006 6:06:48 PM
Men do it too. I met a man for lunch and when I arrived, his picture was at least 10-15 years old. He also weighs at least 100 pounds more in person. I wouldn't have recognized him. He was one of the modifications of my profile. Being the gracious, southern woman I am, I sat through lunch for about 45 minutes, but I wouldn't consider going out with him or talking to him again. If someone will be dishonest about their appearance, I wouldn't trust them to be honest about anything else.
 ifulike
Msg: 112
Fake Pictures
Posted: 11/5/2006 6:14:09 PM
I have found that they really need a webcam......they aren't that expensive and there must be a reason why so many don't want one....at least the web gives you more of an idea what you're looking at....
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 113
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/4/2006 1:52:43 AM
I have had it done to me several times before...and i have done it...once...and wasnt my intention to mislead anyone (was using a roomies profile and ended up hitting it off with someone great...but i let him think i was someone else for a week before telling the truth...it was wrong i know...trust me I know!)

As far as doing it intentionally...i dont know why people do it when the truth has to come out. I dont really understand...especially if you expect to meet or are hoping to meet a soul mate. If your not...then i suppose your just into cruel games online? Doesnt sound like someone i would even want to be friends with. I know when it happened to me one guy shaved 25 yrs off his age with old pictures....another guy just figured he would surprise me when we met....not the kind of surprise I like.

Obviously online alot of people have insecurities...and some are just here for attention...others are here to play games. . I guess i understand why someone would start off using fake pics...maybe it is them...but when they looked a bit better...what i dont understand is why they wouldnt tell you the truth before meeting. Imet one guy who told me he was 6'1....when he was actually 5'1....did he think i wouldnt notice? why not just tell me the truth...I mean i would be mad...but i think if I want to know him as a person i could get over it...he still has the wrong hieght on his profile even now.
 New Beginnings 4me
Msg: 114
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/4/2006 3:11:31 AM
Best way to tell a fake is they only have one picture and it's just too good to be true.
Plus, they never want to meet you.
They want to see you on web cam but their's isn't working at the moment..lol..
I have come across 5 and called them on all for them to later admit it.
What a waste of time.
 greatgams13
Msg: 115
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/25/2006 10:43:54 AM
Well this happens to me every time I seem to meet someone in person. The guys lie about their height, weight, etc. You ask them how current their picture is and they say oh within the last year. But when you meet you can clearly tell that is not the case. The last date I went on was just to unreal to believe. We chatted over email and phone. Then decided to meet. He said he had to have a stent put in his heart so he was waiting for the doctor to release him to go back to work. He asked me some of the things I noticed about a man when I met him. I said well I like a nice smile. He comments that he has dentures. So I think well that doesn't make him a bad person because he has dentures. So on the day we meet, he doesn't look much like the picture on his profile. He shows up and his shorter than he said, looking like he was ready to clean out the garage. Oh, and the kicker, he has NO TEETH! No dentures even. Then I find out he had the heart operation 5 years ago! He nows lives with his mother and doesn't see ever leaving her. He also complained about his last serious relationship. He said he came "this" close to getting married. Even bought her an expensive ring which he didn't get back. He said I spend $160 dollars on that ring! It was gold and very expensive! GEEZ! Anyway, I politely ended the date and told him I would email him to let him know what my schedule was since it was getting to be around the holidays. Well he emailed me several times that evening and I didn't respond. Still in shock I think. I finally emailed him the next morning to tell him that I wasn't interested and he went bezerk. Kept sending me nasty emails. I finally had to block him. So I don't know why men or women put out pictures that are deceiving. I mean eventually you will probably meet them and you will find out they are lying. So I dont' get it. Anyway, I"m dillusioned now. Only have my profile on pof and most likely will take it off soon.
 Alicia1986
Msg: 116
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/25/2006 10:49:38 AM
I had someone go as far as to steal pictures of me off my profile, and make their own.
she was in England and Im here in Canada, how do they explain not looking like the picture when they do actually meet someone?

shes off the site now thank god...lol
 indigoeyes
Msg: 117
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/25/2006 5:15:48 PM
Hmmm....and people bash on those of us who don't post a picture.

Which would you rather have a fake picture right from the beginning or a real one after you are brave enough to contact a non photo person?
 ifulike
Msg: 118
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/25/2006 8:28:13 PM

sorry, i only read a portion of your message and figured "blond" why read the rest! LOL

wtf?
 gahonee
Msg: 119
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/26/2006 5:52:37 PM
LOW SELF ESTEEM! gosh, this actually happened to me. pic was about 1 year old. LOL we're still friends.
 1800DoUCare
Msg: 120
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/27/2006 10:35:41 AM
jamminjerry33.

Thanks for the comment, you know what I'm blonde and I likely fit the description of your dream girl except the age. AND the hair color
I am entelligent, likely have as much going for me as many others, carry a good conversation, positive and likely as good in the bed-room as a brunette or a red-head lol

I have talked to several men as well and seen it on Dr. Phil, women who have posted pictures of their daughters, them selves when they were younger, only a face,
Some of these are either desperate or dont want to meet some one or maybe just no self esteem. I went with a guy whose pic which was taken a few yrs ago and still posts the same pic. but as he got older I still think he was pretty OK.
 pufflady
Msg: 121
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/27/2006 11:50:09 AM

that comment sure tells ones age .
 Fireand Ice
Msg: 122
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/27/2006 12:49:51 PM
There are plenty of people who i wish posted fake pictures!
 tribel
Msg: 123
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/27/2006 1:46:59 PM
i actually had a father post a pic of his son
 Rottiegyrl
Msg: 124
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/27/2006 5:33:56 PM
I recently got an email from this guy. He gave me "his pic" and he was cute. So we chatted for about a month. We even talked on the phone and all. We then were talking about meeting and he emailed me another pic and how he'd explain later. So I continued to talk to him and chat with him on the phone. Until the day he wrote to me that he really wasnt the 24 yr old cutie that he emailed me but a 43 yr old man, with a totally different name then what he originally told me. So not only had he lied about the pic, but his age and name. His excuse was, that he normally doesnt talk to alot of girls and then if they knew his real age the ones he does talk to him, won't. He asked if I would forgive him and start over. He said the reason he came clean with me is because he really started to like me and just thought I had the greatest personality and I was just so sweet and funny, so if I did meet him he didnt want me to walk out when "someone else" was meeting me. I told him, if a 43 yr old man feels he needs to lie about the simple things, then what is going to stop him from lying about the big things? Needless to say, I never spoke to him again.

I've come across alot of people that do not like you to put an age limitations on your profile. But it's my preference on the age range that I like. I try and explain that I have more in common with that range and they just don't want to hear it. I don't get it! OH WELL, there's Plenty Of fish on the net....LOL

Ya'll have a great one and God bless!
BJo
 1800DoUCare
Msg: 125
Fake Pictures
Posted: 12/28/2006 4:43:06 PM
whiterain
I dont know if you or others watch the Dr Phi show but he had a couple of women on who were corrresponding with a guy on the net, same guy, handsome dude, found out he was an older guy using a movie stars pic, and had a scam set up to rake in a lot of money from these women. Some sort of a lottery scan, dont know how many women fell for it but this one lady lost several thousand to this sweet talking man who claimed to be in love with her.
She was head over heels in love with him as well.
Any one I have met I have been fortunate to see a pic or the recent pic, because we usually comunicate for a while and exchange pictures. if there picture is a few years old they have given we a more recent one.
I cant see any reason for fake pictures if one really wants a relationship.
But then there are all kinds.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fake Pictures