Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jessebunnies
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Lots of first dates.....not many second ones...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

However since not getting many second dates is very common, I think this often due to the nature of online dating.

Is this really the norm? I've never had this happen. Not to say that it won't in the future but I would hardly say it's the norm.

However it sounds like OP is having this happen a lot ( we will never know because this thread is like 7 years old). What that says to me is that, like others have expressed here, that more than likely OP is not representing herself in real life either physically or mentally perhaps both as she did online.
 Definition_Of_Insanity
Msg: 49
Lots of first dates.....not many second ones...
Posted: 6/24/2013 10:45:01 AM

Or you myspace angle your pictures too much.

OK, I have been hearing that phrase thrown around and I decided to google it - SCARY STUFF!!!
 midable
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/24/2013 11:18:22 AM
Having lots of first meets and much less second or even fewer third meets is natural. Think about it... you are only looking for one good one, most are not going to be a match.

Now, if it's happening for years and/or much more than 50 first meets, you might have a problem.
 35brock
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/24/2013 8:19:13 PM

Is this really the norm? I've never had this happen. Not to say that it won't in the future but I would hardly say it's the norm.

Based on what I have read on dating forums ( including some responses on this thread ) , people that I have talked to on dating sites, friends / acquaintances that have used dating sites etc, I think what I said is common. When there isn't instant chemistry on a first date. I would go on another date to see if a connection can develop with more time. ( Unless there are clear dealbreakers. ) But many other people won't.
 -Flying-
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/21/2013 10:54:15 PM
Or you will finally find the one and he will dump you. Because the only reason he is the one is beacause he doesn't want to commit to you
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/22/2013 6:32:43 AM
My entire dating line could be summed up as the "great one date wonder." From the very first date.

I gave up, there's a point where one's self esteem and insanity take priority.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/25/2013 10:15:43 AM
Dating for women is a win win scenario. Either you will get a free meal and never have to talk to the guy again after the first date or you can get a number of free meals in which you have the option to end things before giving him any sex or continue with the charade until he catches on.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >