Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > does a hug mean she's not really attracted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DavePinFlorida
Msg: 9
does a hug mean she's not really attractedPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hugs are fine.. handshakes are REAL bad.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
does a hug mean she's not really attracted
Posted: 10/30/2005 7:46:23 PM
You are seriouly worried over nothing ... there are so many meanings for a hug

Just take it as it comes ... if she's still e-mailing you then things are looking good

Just go with the flow and not worry about it ... take things slow with her - that way you really don't have too worry

Peace
 spidey1087
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 7:53:07 PM
I gotta admit at this point I'm just overwhelmed with the positive response I've gotten on here.

Hell, if I knew good advice was as easy as posting a question, I would have done it LONG before now!
 oneafternoon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 7:56:11 PM
Yea , your pretty silly ... and yet you've been on this site for awhile!

Just becarefull of people with fake profiles!
 spidey1087
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 8:01:55 PM
Unfortunately, my spidey sense only senses danger....it's not worth a damn on a date! LOL
 spidey1087
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 8:10:37 PM
The last date, origionally, was supposed to be just a walk in the park. We both had decided it prolly wouldn't last more than 20-30 minutes, and like I said we ended up talking for over 2 hours.

She called tonite around 9:00....the convo lasted for 30 minutes, even tho I was distracted by a football game (and she knew it...I told her I was watching it!). We've talked about every other day since the date, so I think that's a good sign too.
 spidey1087
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 8:17:06 PM
The date is set for Tuesday nite (So I won't have to miss Monday Nite Football! )

I'll put a post here on tueday nite or Wednesday and let everybody know how it went.
 spidey1087
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 8:34:06 PM
Ravens beat the Steelers?! Are you smoking the Ricky Williams weed?!

Ravens will get CRUSHED beneath the Steelers heel like so many bugs.....

And it was a mutual thing. She has bible study that night, so it worked out well both ways.
 sammysalt
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/30/2005 8:57:52 PM
When you start seeing someone, don't get side tracked when you are on the phone with them, because thats a total turn off. Atleast I think so. You know people are different, but if you buy her a flower why you are out, its a lot sweeter, and makes a person feel special. Buy it on the way taking her home, so she don't have to carry it all night. That way you got all of the browny points. Oh yea, its not good to kiss and tell, incase she is on this site. She may hold back so the whole world don't know what she is up to. Even more so scence its in the new stages. You do things how you want, but I thought I would just add my two cents worth in there. People are different, so who knows if it will help.
 spidey1087
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 9:16:45 PM
At this point any and all advice is both needed and appreciated.
 crystalise
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/30/2005 10:45:56 PM
Worrying over nothing.

If she really wasnt interested she would have shook your hand. Then be worried !

I dont kiss on the first date, Mostly because Im nervous or shy or I just dont want to give the wrong impression. Kissing to me is kind of an intimate thing.[ Im not referring to a quick peck] But I hug them if I like them.

first scenario -She could have been nervous / shy. Give it another chance.

other scenario - yes It could mean she hasnt made her mind up, but nothing wrong with that either. Give it another chance

I think just ask her out again...you will soon get your answer
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/30/2005 10:47:30 PM
IMNSHO/Experience - I hug only if I feel comfortable with the other person.

More about boundaries for me.... where is it written that we must share our personal space with everyone we interact with

A hug with a is the next step (second get-together)
 spidey1087
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2005 8:22:04 PM
Well we went out tonite, and she basically said that she doesn't see this working out long term, BUT that she still wanted to call me for advice on other guys. "Oh, we can still be friends!"

I told her I wasn't gonna be one of her girlfriends and that it's not right for her to dump me and then expect me to help her attract other guys.

Do you guys think I was right?
 spidey1087
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2005 7:35:43 AM
Funny that you should mention that....I was thinking the same thing.
 Mikey7619
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:22:18 PM
Go in for the kiss next time and show her you got balls

she might kick you in the balls if she doesnt want you to kiss her
 roseyn
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:43:01 PM
One of the most disappointing and irritating things to me, is when at the end of the night, if all goes well, the man expects a kiss. Really? If you just met, give it time. I had someone actually have the nerve to ASK for a kiss, after realizing I wasn't moving in for one and I was totally furious and turned off. There are certain things you don't ask a woman for cause if she wants if, she'll go after it
 english lass
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:57:20 AM
..if she meets up with you a second time, then she's interested, or at least, interested in seeing if she's interested :)

a hug can mean many things, i'd go by her rate of response to you to gauge her interest, more than by the hug
 unsolvedmystery
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:02:27 AM
wow this is golden...it's a 4 year old thread and the OP is still around. NOT GOOD.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 27
Dating
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:48:44 AM
Why are people replying to a 4 year old thread?
 callmelori
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Dating
Posted: 9/19/2009 6:10:56 AM
Because they can?

:::::skippin' away and giggling::::::
 varinia
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:09:19 PM
THe first time I'm meeting someone I'm kind of in observation mode. I mean, I need some neutral time after to think about it. So, I don't kiss on the first date, but give a hug. And that doesn't mean that I don't like him and that doesn't mean that I'm very slow. It just means that I just met him and my walls are still up until I decided that , yes, he's someone that I want to let my walls down for. I don't kiss just anyone.
 unsolvedmystery
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:43:00 PM
I pretty much only hug on the meet and greet wether or not I'm into them and I assume it's the same sort of thing for alot of women. I would find it odd that someone thought I'd be uninterested based solely on a parting hug versus a parting kiss. You can make out for 10mins and they still might not be interested to actually date you :P
 majyk1
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:56:15 PM
HELLO......
Is anyone paying attention????

Oh well guess not!

The OP posted this in 2005......... DUH he's not gonna answer.
 Misfitluv
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/23/2010 6:07:40 PM
Um she touched you....it's a good thing.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 11:14:48 PM
I don't think there was even a hug on our first date and the 2nd date I acted so aloof there almost wasn't a 3rd, he told me this several dates later. We were enjoying still emailing each other though and after not feeling a connection with another woman he met he decided to ask me out again. It wasn't that there was no interest I was just scared of getting close too soon. We sat in his vehicle and talked for hours. On this date, the 3rd I leaned over for a hug and he kissed me. I could tell he wanted to on our 2nd but he never tried.

A hug does not necessarily mean she is not attracted to you. Honestly some girls are more shy around a guy they do like then one that they do not!

I would think a hug was a postive sign and especially since she wants to see you again. BTW, I am now in a relationship with the man who thought I wasn't interested.

I just noticed this was an old thread hope you had better luck since then.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > does a hug mean she's not really attracted