Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > does a hug mean she's not really attracted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 callmelori
Msg: 28
view profile
History
DatingPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Because they can?

:::::skippin' away and giggling::::::
 varinia
Msg: 29
does a hug mean she's not really attracted
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:09:19 PM
THe first time I'm meeting someone I'm kind of in observation mode. I mean, I need some neutral time after to think about it. So, I don't kiss on the first date, but give a hug. And that doesn't mean that I don't like him and that doesn't mean that I'm very slow. It just means that I just met him and my walls are still up until I decided that , yes, he's someone that I want to let my walls down for. I don't kiss just anyone.
 unsolvedmystery
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:43:00 PM
I pretty much only hug on the meet and greet wether or not I'm into them and I assume it's the same sort of thing for alot of women. I would find it odd that someone thought I'd be uninterested based solely on a parting hug versus a parting kiss. You can make out for 10mins and they still might not be interested to actually date you :P
 majyk1
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:56:15 PM
HELLO......
Is anyone paying attention????

Oh well guess not!

The OP posted this in 2005......... DUH he's not gonna answer.
 Misfitluv
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/23/2010 6:07:40 PM
Um she touched you....it's a good thing.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 11:14:48 PM
I don't think there was even a hug on our first date and the 2nd date I acted so aloof there almost wasn't a 3rd, he told me this several dates later. We were enjoying still emailing each other though and after not feeling a connection with another woman he met he decided to ask me out again. It wasn't that there was no interest I was just scared of getting close too soon. We sat in his vehicle and talked for hours. On this date, the 3rd I leaned over for a hug and he kissed me. I could tell he wanted to on our 2nd but he never tried.

A hug does not necessarily mean she is not attracted to you. Honestly some girls are more shy around a guy they do like then one that they do not!

I would think a hug was a postive sign and especially since she wants to see you again. BTW, I am now in a relationship with the man who thought I wasn't interested.

I just noticed this was an old thread hope you had better luck since then.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > does a hug mean she's not really attracted