Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sum1reel
Msg: 2
Would Jesus do drugs or would he ostracize and persecute druggies as evil doers if he was alive today?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
jesus would do neither!......why would he need any drugs, what would he need to escape from (or go to) that he couldn't do on his own!........he never ostracized anyone (except the hippocrits), in fact he went looking for all the deviants to let them know that they were loved, and they were just as important as anybody else!
 wonkavision
Msg: 4
Would Jesus do drugs or would he ostracize and persecute druggies as evil doers if he was alive toda
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:19:03 PM
"in fact he went looking for all the deviants to let them know that they were loved, and they were just as important as anybody else!"

"I think he would've been compassionate to the addict,probably heal people from their addictions.I don't think that he would've condoned recreational drug use."

From what I recall from reading the N.T., is sounds like Sum1Real and Taurus have it right- so there you have it from a Christian, an agnostic and a non-theist. That pretty much sums it up.
 GypsyGirl
Msg: 6
Would Jesus do drugs or would he ostracize and persecute druggies as evil doers if he was alive today?
Posted: 10/30/2005 6:09:57 PM
Agreed. Jesus wouldn't have the need to experience the effects of drugs (at least more than once). I imagine he could perceive things sober on levels most of us cannot. (Although, there are those lost years....) And the bible does show he had compassion and didn't consider others beneath him.

Also, wine back then was either weak or watered down. It was drunk as a refreshment not for partying.
 grplaman
Msg: 7
Would Jesus do drugs or would he ostracize and persecute druggies as evil doers if he was alive today?
Posted: 11/1/2005 10:36:19 PM
Yes-drug use would still be called evil by Jesus. Because, drug use is just another name for Sorcery. "and they repented not of there sorceries. And also, "Scribes" is nothing but our newspapers, magzines,etc these days
 vonBismarck
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/9/2005 3:43:58 PM
Jesus of course drank at least wine, and encouraged the use of wine with his followers, and members of the public at large. He used wine recreationally (at the wedding), and even tried his hand at bootlegging, (no taxes were paid on the wine he conjured up at that wedding!).

I think without doubt that he probably knew of the use of marijuana and hashish, which has been familiar in that part of the world for well over 2000 years. So little is known of his life that it is entirely possible that he used a little pot now and again.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that plants are all part of God's bounty, and if it was good enough for Jesus' father, then perhaps a little hemp now and again, was good enough for Jesus! Why not? It might explain his mellow countenance and the Golden Rule philosophy, (so easy to imagine that rule when mildly under the influence of a few tokes)!

Fred..
 masterspirit
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 7:36:45 PM
I think Christ would point out that people can have spiritual experiences as a result of taking drugs, while at the same time teaching them to have these same experiences without drugs.
 bluemystery
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Would Jesus do drugs or would he ostracize and persecute druggies as evil doers if he was alive toda
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:53:01 PM
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (Wireless Flash) -- Chew on this: An ethnobotanist in Santa Cruz, California, thinks Jesus was munching magic mushrooms at the Last Supper. Clark Heinrich says man has enjoyed the psychedelic effects of mushrooms since thousands of years before Christ -- and figured the King of Kings probably turned on as well.

In fact, he thinks Jesus was high on a psychedelic 'shroom known as "fly agaric" which was hailed for its taste as well as its trips.

Heinrich says the mushroom resembles pita bread and when soaked with water it feels exactly like human skin. He figures that's the bread that Jesus was referring to at the last supper when he said "eat this bread, this is my body."

But that's not the only way Jesus might have doled out psychedelics. Heinrich says people who eat lots of shrooms have a reddish-orange urine that's even more hallucinogenic -- and figures the almighty turned water into wine by whizzing into a five-gallon jug of H20.

Heinrich is the author of a new book, "Magic Mushrooms In Religion And Alchemy" (Park Street Press).
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:19:24 PM
The mere fact that these things will alter the temple of the Holy Spirit and also your judgement should be a real good answer for you.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/24/2006 9:18:01 AM
OBVIOUSLY JESUS WOULDN'T DO DRUGS, HOW DARE PEOPLE EVEN MENTION THAT!!!!

Now as for the second part of teh question, I do agree greatly with Blueberry and what it says in teh Bible and that is that Christ came to save sinners (that means ALL of of us) and that through HIM we would have Eternal Life if we put our faith and trust and hope in HIM.

The Holy Spirit works in us and helps us get better and with people who struggle through this sort of stuff , sometimes it may take awhile to get over it, for some it may not take too long but He Who has begun a good work in you will complete it.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >