Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Gomery report is out & exonerates Paul Martin....your thoughts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 :
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Gomery report is out & exonerates Paul Martin....your thoughts?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The Liberals are going down in a firey ball of corrupt crash and burn fieryness, mark my words, I mean this is just their death throws we are watching here, amusing as they are, there is no coming back for a while.

Amung the strongest "how you will vote correlates" is how your parents voted, so sure Fiberal blow hards are going to try and justify this lastest act of corruption, you know try to fit it into their world view somehow. Try to rationalize the corruption not only to themselves, but especially to other people. Everything the Fiberals do from tax cuts to multiculturalism, to lying about dismantling the gst and health care, it is always only about cold hard votes, and people know it, Canadians are smarter then you realize, and they are ready for a change.

The fact is he was the Finance Minister, and while he balanced the budget, he also dismantled the holy cow of health care to its present state of disrepair. He is the King of Neo-Conservatism, and the political tides are now fully swinging the other way. Martin is to the big C, what Eaves was to Harris in Ontario.

The fiberal peace nicks fear our joining the IRAQ war, the fact is the Canadian Armed forces have been so dismantled by liberal neo-conservative spending cuts, that even if the Government wanted to help, or even for example, wanted to protect itself, we simply do not have the military means anymore.

Maybe they secretly want Quebec to Separate, and have dismantled things to the state where we cannot stop them. The Liberals were the ones who gave Quebec the legal issue upon which every single referendum has been mounted upon, the fact that we amended the constitutional papers in the form of the charter of rights and freedoms WITHOUT the consent of Quebec. I would belive almost anything from the Fiberals after this latest nonsense... What about the Gun Registry, what about the billion gone missing in HR? Which buddies got all of that?

You wanna do a little experiment on Canadian politics, do a couple of searches in these here forums and tell me how many threads are about a Canadian political issue besides sponsorship, you think Canadians are going to forget? We have only begun to remember, the details after all have just been published, I imagine by Valentines day there will be a new government in power.

By the by, the airbus kick back issue was to the meager tune of three hundred thousand, that is 300,000 Canadian dollars and we turfed the chin out for that; Well that and the gst, which the fiberals love for paying down the debt and giving cash in dirty envelopes to their buddies in the back of shifty Italian restraunts (can you hear the godfauther music playing?)

I say lets put in the Concervative Reform Alliance Party, funniest party acronym to date! The CRAP party could hardly do worse...
 dafydd
Msg: 27
Gomery report is out & exonerates Paul Martin....your thoughts?
Posted: 11/15/2005 1:21:24 PM
Never met or heard of a politican who is not going to burn in hell for being the lying, controlling, cheating sobs that they are. Vote Harper in, just different scum, Layton is the same.
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/15/2005 1:42:59 PM
Big, BIG surprise! LMFAO! he's the PM, top guy in the country, like.. as if they were going to find him culpable..

He controls the cabinet, the courts, judges, RCMP, etc., etc. Much greater degree of absolute control than the US President has.

Canada.. The Little Dicatorship that could..

Just like the criminal Chretien with his golf resort land deals, AdScam, etc., etc.. LOL :)

It was all just an elaborate act to fool the gullible Cdn. public into thinking the gov't. is doing something, and find a "scapegoat" to take the fall (but no jail time, for sure).

Nice little 15-act play! :)

Taxpayers get to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ millions more, all the fat-cat lawyer friends of the gov't get even richer! :)

sweet! A sad joke, but not very funny.

And Cdns. are so STUPID they will re-elect the Liberals again anyway, based on more lies & false promises! :)
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 29
Belinda Stronach for PM!!
Posted: 11/16/2005 5:58:50 PM

She has shown that she has absolutely no principles, but will whore herself out to the highest bidder - a key qualification !! :)
 stilllookingforyou2
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/16/2005 6:13:42 PM
She's the Canadian disgrace! I would vote someone like Bush faster!
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 31
D!ck Cheney for PM! :)
Posted: 11/16/2005 6:16:05 PM
yes, how about D!ck Cheney for PM? he's shown he knows how to get things done! :)

funnel massive profits to Halliburton, etc..makes the AdScam guys look like pikers!
 :
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2005 4:18:45 PM
ah ha ha, listen to paul beg for mercy, tell me he doesn't know the end is nigh...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051117.wmart1117/BNStory/National/

Looks like Paul might just get his ass booted out of the house for Christmass...

I have said it once and I will say it again, you just cannot stab the boss in the back like you used to, the old codgers claws are long and they are dragin poor old pauly down with...
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/17/2005 4:40:27 PM
The Opposition parties have backed themselves into a corner though. Kind of stuck with an election now where the big issue is going to be the timing of the election - not the one they wanted to fight. Another minority coming up and this time they'll be stuck with it. We'll all wake up pissed off that we had to go through a campaign with no significant change, which means that they won't be able to force another election for at least 18 months.
 :
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:32:57 PM
Our armed forces is dismantled to the point of not even being able to deploy, we cannot even protect ourselves from natural disasters at this point, if something like Katrina happened to Canada (say a tidal wave from an offshore earthquake, or a terrorist attack or something), we would not even be able to help our selves. The idiocy of the centralist policy of suggesting that Canada is such a bunch of nice guys we do not need a military is beyond foolhardy, it is treasonous to leave our nation so pitifully defended, not that our armed forces do not do an excellent job, but they are desperately under funded.

Just because the Conservative Reform Alliance Party is pro-military does not make it pro-American stupidity. Check out the official party platform, no where does it say they are going to legalize beating up gay people or sanctioning illegal wars. I ain’t pro-conservative, but I am certainly anti-Fiberal, WHERE THE HELL DID MY BILLIONS IN TAX DOLLARS GO!!! I mean if I cheat on my taxes I get to go to pound you in the a$$ jail, what do all these crooks at the top get, naughty naughty, off to the Camyen islands with all the other charming mafia bad guys. This is adjusted for inflation the largest dollar value scandal in the history of North American politics.

Where is the outrage?
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/18/2005 3:00:31 AM
^^^

@ dapi_editor:

a politician who appears to be a card carrying member of the KKK

Don't you mean. "a politician whom the Liberal party has smeared to make it seem as though...{he is..} ..'a card carrying member of the KKK' .." ?

not difficult to see where your allegiance lies..

@ the gent above.. Don't you love it when RevCan prosecutes some waitress for 'tax evasion' (possibly not declaring all her tips)- to frighten all the other sheep into dutifully turning over half their income to the Ottawa swine..

..but gives a 'special dispensation' to the Bronfmans to move a few $ billion offshore ("one-time special deal" ) ;)
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/18/2005 3:41:29 AM
My thoughts? on the Gomery Commission? OK, you asked for it..! :)

Obscene waste of taxpayer money & Whitewash!!

Whitewash!! And obscene waste!!
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/18/2005 5:19:17 AM
I think the "conversion" of Belinda to the Liberal Party was a set-up from the beginning..always was going to happen..make a bigger splash because of the 'defection' from the Conservatives..

after all "Daddy" (you know - the guy who got her the job as "President" of Magna International - Frank Stronach) was a Liberal..ran for MP (but was defeated..)

don't think Belinda would do much without Daddy's pre-approval..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/18/2005 5:24:48 AM
@ dapi-editor:

a political party that would draft your *ss and send it to Iraq?

You could ease up on the caffeine - and the theatrics.. I doubt very much that Canada would introduce a "draft" for the armed forces - unless there was possibly another situation like WW II..

Probably wouldn't send soldiers to Iraq, or if they did, a 'token' force, a few hundred people at most.

The US has not had the "draft" for around 30 years..but many European and Asian countries (supposedly 'enlightened', still do..)

BTW do you know it only costs US$200 to build a Viao in China?

Amazing what you can do when you can force political and other prisoners to work as slaves, isn't it?

And Tianenmen Square was a shining example of how lovely the Chinese government is..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/18/2005 5:42:21 AM
^^^^^^

I nominate Richard Nixon..

probably be better than the tools we currently have..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:00:28 AM
^^^

"I am NOT a crook.." LOL :)
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/18/2005 7:21:11 AM
the references to Harper supposedly being in the KKK are typical of the self-proclaimed "open-minded, non-prejudiced, liberal" denizens of eastern Canada, who then turn around to label "every Albertan" as a "racist redneck"...

stupid, ignorant, ill-informed labelling..

IF we were to be honest, let's look at the fact that "la belle province" (Quebec) may well be the most racist and hateful place in Canada..(non-PC to say it, but..)

all this talk of "le pur lain".. sounds like they'd like to do a little "ethnic cleansing" a la the former Yugoslavia, doesn't it?

only in Quebec could a leading politician ( Jacques Parizeau) speak of "money and the ethnic vote"..

(a veiled reference to "Jews") as being the reason for his defeat, and be widely and loudly applauded..

No surprise about the show-downs with natives at Oka, Kahnewake, Kahnesetake, etc..

Hatred for the natives in Quebec is deep as most have the temerity to speak English preferentially over French..

both Parizeau & Bouchard seem a little hypocritical, champions of the French-Canadian, yet choosing blonde American brides..lol
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/18/2005 8:13:17 AM
^^ good points..

BTW, did you think "Tianenmen" was cool?

too many 'students' anyway, machine-gunning a few thousand of them doesn't matter..

we can overlook little things like that when dealing with such a large market and the potential to make $$$$$$$ , right?? :)

Ah, yea, China's "cool"; we could make a big to-do about boycotting S. Africa over apartheid becase it was a small market and wouldn't/didn't cost much $$ anyway..

symbolic, though, made us feel good & holier-than-thou, no??

Money does tend to TRUMP principles, doesn't it??
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/18/2005 8:41:57 AM
^^^

@ dapi_editor:

Big difference, the S African Government had a Tiannamen Square sized incident on a weekly basis.

"On a weekly basis" ? 52 X per year? "Tianenemen Square-sized" ??

methinks you are prone to exaggeration, sir..

There was the Sharpsville incident in March, 1960..very bad, I agree..

that was 72 deaths, not thousands..

weekly? do you have any documentation of this 'fact' ?

Let us not forget that the Ohio National Guard also murdered students at Kent State U in 1970, probably with high-level approval..

When students at Jackson State U in Jackson, Mississippi, protested those killings..police responded by opening fire, killing and wounding several more students..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/18/2005 9:27:16 AM
^^

@ dapi_editor:

BTW, what do you think of Quebecois racist bigots?

Do you feel it is more "acceptable" for them, because they are "protecting their culture and language" ?

Sounds like the argument Milosevic would make about his "ethnic cleansing" program in the former Yugoslavia..or the one the nazis made at Nuremberg..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/18/2005 10:44:37 AM
^^^

Probably about as much chance as any party other than the LDP had in Japan up til 1990 or so?

Let's face it, Canada is destined to become a one-party state..

Well, hey it worked for the USSR and the PRC and the GDR and many others for a long time..
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 46
Sheila Copps for PM!!
Posted: 11/18/2005 11:38:22 AM
Hey, let's give her a chance! :)
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 47
Sheila Copps for PM!!
Posted: 11/18/2005 4:54:39 PM
^^^^^^^^^

@dapi_editor:

She studied Politics 101 from the Mayor of Hamilton and Lincoln Alexander.

you mean, the Mayor of Hamilton, Vic Copps (her father) ? :)
 :
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2005 11:10:26 PM
The trouble really is Canadian parliment has become a trinary affair Lib, crap, and block, well 4 if you include the ndp, but they are a distant 4th. Look even now the polls say we are headed for another minority, it is all about who is going to have to get in bed with the ndp, which is hilarious really. The block has acheived its goal, Canadian parlimentry schizephrenia.
 Canadian Romantic
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/21/2005 3:48:49 AM

so given the Gomery report exonerates paul martin, and there are, to me, no other choices....better the devil you know than the devil you are afraid of.....

The same Paul Martin, who was Finance Minister at the time found NOT guilty..Incredible..

If this were the USA, he would have been thrown out of office by now.

Remember, "O.J." was also found 'Not Guilty'...*AHEM*
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/21/2005 3:55:56 AM
^^^^^^^

@ canadian Romantic:

The same Paul Martin, who was Finance Minister at the time found NOT guilty..Incredible..

If this were the USA, he would have been thrown out of office by now.

Remember, "O.J." was also found 'Not Guilty'...*AHEM*

Yes, and like OJ, Martin is "determined to find the "real" culprits..."

LMFAO!!!! what a joke!! :)

Neither of these guys has a mirror anywhere in their homes, I guess...?? ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Gomery report is out & exonerates Paul Martin....your thoughts?