Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio restaurants and first date ideas  > Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 51
Good Places to eat, and good places to take a datePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Cincinnati area, Evendale to be more specific...

If you are looking for a PHENOMENAL and CLASSY place to take a date, a lover, a business prospect, or even Mom for her special day tomorrow...La Petite France is a MUST TRY.

I lived in Cincinnati for 18 years...helped the owners to open this place and have been blessed to watch it's incredible growth over the years. (This used to be a Pizza Inn!) Any time I visit my Cinti friends, La Petite is on my list of "must stop in for a meal" places. In fact, I would drive the 6 hours there, just for a meal with them! They have been in business now for...25 years!

While I am here...anyone who went to school (specifically Princeton or surrounding) in this area and graduated between 1981 and 1985...male or female...drop me a line!
 Peachycream08131957
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:29:05 AM
Question: Is this the first time you will be meeting......or is this the first OFFICIAL date where you have already met in person and the guy comes over to your place and you leave together in the same vehicle? Many folks on POF get confused about first dates? To me, the first time I would meet someone from the computer is not really a date ..it's more of a "let's look and see if we hit it off"

For the initial meeting...I would meet up with someone at a Starbucks or a similiar place like that...For a REAL DATE, going to a restaurant like Olive Garden, or a seafood place would be really nice...but meeting a the mall is alright as well.
 *PatECake*
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/30/2009 3:05:15 PM
Wolf Creek Winery, Norton Ohio
 rkw63
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/3/2010 10:26:11 PM
In Huber Heights, Ohio they have a pizza place that has on Sunday nights music. The pizza is really good and the owners make you feel welcomed. The menu has more to offer than pizza and they serve alcohol for those who want to drink. The name is C's Pizza located at 5186 Brandt Pike Huber Heights, Ohio 45424. I like that you are able to talk there and the lights are dim so even though it might not be the fanciest place in town it does have a relaxing feel to be there.
 Peachycream08131957
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2010 7:11:30 PM
The initial meeting to me is not a real date...it's a meeting.....so..with that...going to a Starbucks for the initial meeting or another coffee shop or bookstore would be the extent of how much time I would invest in the first meeting...However, if that first meeting materialized into a "REAL first date" on another date, then I would say there are several good seafood places, and many restaurants in the downtown Cleveland Ohio (west 3rd and west 6th street) area. It all depends on which side of town you live on....suburbanite vs. young professional living in the downtown area (which most folks do not). Cleveland Magazine most likely has a website for things happening around town along with the Friday Entertainment section of the Plain Dealer newspaper.For me, I wouldn't go all "gung ho" investing alot of money and time for the first few dates..unless if the two people on the date really,really are starting to click and like each other...but normally I wouldn't invest alot of money and time into it. Later on, as progression takes place, going bowling, going to the zoo,comedy clubs, museums around town, the various cruise ships on Lake Erie...along with numerous "free things" to do around Cleveland would be more appropriate...a suburb raised person normally would not take a date to a downtown entertainment center.

Cleveland is more fun in the summer than in the winter..there are more interesting things to do in the summertime.

Hope this all helps!
 SolticeCookie
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2010 1:29:12 PM
Now that Fall is here...why not visit a local cider mill and eat those yummy cinnamon donuts! A very traditional and simple easy date ...
 juslookinforlove
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/28/2011 6:38:51 PM
In Lima, Oh

You got a whole range of good places some of them are

Olive Garden
Texas Roadhouse
Applebees
If you dont want anything extravegant then you always got Lima's famous
Kewpee
Hunan Gardens
among other places. All these places are great first date ideas. Just depends on your taste and your dates taste in food. Hope this helps.
 OhioSalsa43068
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:42:15 AM
Columbus, Ohio

Mamajuana
1922 Brice Road
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068

(614) 751-1906

Located in the Big Lots Plaza at the corner of Brice Road and Livington Avenue. The restaurant specializes in authentic dishes from Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I highly recommend the Salmon a la Planch, Red Snapper with Coconut Sauce (Chillo con Coco), Bistec, and Pollo Guisado. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is very tropical. It is a nice setting for a casual first date (if you just want to meet someplace nice and not into going overly-extravagant on that first meeting), or if you have been dating a while and just want to go someplace nice and relaxing. On Friday Nights they have Salsa Dancing, so if you are looking for a place to have a fun date, that would be a good night to go. Call the restaurant for hours and information.
 ^campfires^
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2012 10:45:52 AM
The patio at Polaris Grill. Quiet, safe, romantic, upscale casual to moderate fine dining, reasonably priced, easy access from I-71. For a great deal, ask to "split" the Twin Tornadoes. Smoking allowed in most seating areas. Great Sunday brunch!

Keep Fishing!
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio restaurants and first date ideas  > Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date