Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justjazz
Msg: 47
Does anyone else appreciate Classical musicPage 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Oh no...not a horn player! LOL
 justjazz
Msg: 48
Does anyone else appreciate Classical music
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:32:56 AM
know how to make a trumpet player sound like a horn player??????...stick your hand in the bell and play lots of wrong notes! LMAO
 cotter
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Does anyone else appreciate Classical music
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:44:25 PM
Of course ... but it's too late where I'm at right now for me to go into detail ... I also like rock 'n roll, sing and dance.
 hoosiertex
Msg: 51
Classical music
Posted: 7/31/2006 4:08:43 PM
Dvorak
Mozart
Beethoven
Rachmaninof
 cougar99
Msg: 52
Classical music
Posted: 8/2/2006 12:44:58 PM

Paganini...Caprice #5.

Great choice, music full of zest
 cougar99
Msg: 53
Classical music
Posted: 8/11/2006 2:43:54 PM
Another form of classical music I have come to enjoy is classical guitar, played by Andres Segovia a real master of the instrument.
 LuthienTinuviel
Msg: 56
Does anyone else appreciate Classical music?:)
Posted: 9/15/2006 5:12:33 PM
A German band named Haggard has always been known for doing an absolutely incredible fusion of classical and extreme metal. Technical perfection with fire and passion in modern interpretation, - the results are truly amazing. Highly recommend.
 LuthienTinuviel
Msg: 57
Classical music
Posted: 9/15/2006 5:14:32 PM
btw, does anyone know where I can purchase or download Bach's Fugue in F Minor? Seems to be such an obscure piece to find...
 jacqueline100
Msg: 58
Classical music
Posted: 9/18/2006 3:51:50 PM
AARON COPLAND, is one of my faves..."appalachian spring", and "fanfare for the common man" rocks!....

he was the first composer to incorporate jazz rhythms into symphonic music..

for semi-classical, GERSHWIN'S "rhapsody in blue", does it for me...

MOZART'S concerto in 21G, is the next best thing to making love...aaaah!, the floating!..

JACQUELINE...
 dlambert
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/31/2006 5:41:59 PM
Mussorgsky, Strauss, Tchaikovsky, Holst are all good, but if you can listen to Mahler's Second without weeping for joy, you'd better have someone check your pulse. I'd love to see this performed live sometime, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
 junipermoon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 7:13:06 PM
i love the 'piano puzzler' on npr. i can almost always guess the composer, but the song typically eludes me. 9 times out of 10, it's a song i'm not familiar with.
 junipermoon
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 10:34:06 AM
brolga:

check with your local npr station. i get the piano puzzler on wed. evenings, but i'm not sure if all stations air it then.

it's so cool. they play a familiar melody in the style of a particular composer and you have to guess the song and the composer.

hope you can find it because it's a classical music lover's dream challenge.
 nipoleon
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Classical music
Posted: 1/26/2007 1:06:43 PM
Being a former University Music Major, I'm pretty hard core.
As a piano student, I was only good enough to know what good is supposed to sound like.
The great thing about classical music is listening to all the different ways different artists play the same pieces. Being able to listen to the difference between say Arturo Michelangeli and Murray Perahia or Martha Argerich play Beethoven, Liszt, or Chopin.
The wonderful thing about listening to classical music is that is gives you a fine appreciation of talent in other areas of music.
Benny Goodman was a fantasic artist, so was Louis Armstrong.
The Beatles are undoubtedly the Mozarts of our era.
It's too bad that so few people have the appreciation of the history of western music from Baroque through the modern age.
It's too bad that so much trash today gets pawned off as music.
It seems popular music just gets cheaper and cheaper every day.
 dlambert
Msg: 66
Classical music
Posted: 3/9/2007 8:01:33 PM
I saw someone else mention Holst -- I was watching a movie a while back, and I recognized one of the movements from the Planets - Jupiter, I think. I wasn't expecting to have that show up in a sound track.

BTW, I saw one or two Mahler fans out there - the Columbus Symphony is doing Mahler's 2nd next season (2008), so make your plans now! I was beginning to think I'd have to go to London to see the 2nd done live. I'm *very* stoked.
 3BKeys
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Does anyone else play classical piano?
Posted: 5/2/2007 6:18:09 PM
I would like to talk to some other classical musicians
 Musicphilosophy
Msg: 68
Classical music
Posted: 5/2/2007 7:13:47 PM
Absolutely! But then, I'm a composer by (off-hours) trade, so it's kind of natural.

But I'm much more an enthusiast of the more recent music. Iannis Xenakis, Edgard Varése, George Crumb, Carl Ruggles, Kaija Saariaho, Kalevi Aho, Steve Reich, Darius Milhaud, Thea Musgrave, them cats are the ones I'm most likely to spin up in winamp.
 Musicphilosophy
Msg: 69
Classical music
Posted: 5/3/2007 4:37:49 PM

Korngold is equally "known" as a composer of "classical" music, including at least one opera ("Queen of Sheba").

Another one that comes to mind is Nino Rota, the cat responsible for the soundtrack to The Godfather.

Nino's Trombone Concerto is an absolute standard in the trombone rep, and it often shows up in graduate recitals and once, even, on an orchestral program a few years back, though the specifics evade me.
 starrow
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 2:16:53 AM

I enjoy classical. Much less than I used to, but it's the style I can handle best longest.

The same with you.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 71
Classical music
Posted: 5/7/2007 11:14:45 AM
Bach!
Beethoven
Debussy
Saint Saens
Copeland
some Mozart.
 BRASS
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Classical music
Posted: 5/13/2007 2:39:43 PM
I have lots of music in my collection. I have cassettes I haven't listened to since the 70's. But my favorite music is classical. especially Bach )what can you expesct, I'm Lutheran). When I am at home I listen primarily to Tango or Classical music. I won't list what my fsvorites are because that varies from week to week. At the end of June I will be in Cement Park southwest of Denver providing concussion for the '1812 Overture' by Tchaikovsky, It's a blast. normally I fire a three inch rifle . Last time we had 25 pieces of Artillery on line, and yes the music was fantastic even through the ear plugs. As a Pyrotechnician, the absolute bliss would be the firing of the mortars for Handels 'Music for Royal Fireworks'.
You can call me a snob if you like, but I do consider classical music more refined, elegant and classier then the filth you hear walking down the street these days. Now let me make lunch and settle down to some nice 'Gregorian chants'.
 OxfordBrunette
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Classical music
Posted: 5/17/2007 3:59:32 PM
My favourite piece of classical music is, Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto in D major.
Itzhak Perlman plays it fantastically.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >