Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Muffin Tops...sexy? or just plain wrong?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I suppose muffin top is a feminine term while beer belly or hangover is the masculine term. It's not the jeans that make you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat!

Just people in denial about what size clothes they really should be wearing. Worried too much about the number rather than the right fit.
 SC67
Msg: 71
Muffin Tops...sexy? or just plain wrong?
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:21:01 AM

Just people in denial about what size clothes they really should be wearing. Worried too much about the number rather than the right fit.

Oh yeah...agreed. Listen up ladies! You are more than the size of your jeans!

The muffin top is not sexy & cannot be comfortable. Find something that fits & flatters & work what you've got to get what you want! (regardless of your size)
 Pingshooter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:03:07 AM

The muffin top is not sexy & cannot be comfortable.

The uncomfortable bit is what I was thinking about.

Yup..just cuz you can stuff yourself in the jeans, does not mean you look good in them.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:05:06 AM

muffin top.....just a bad day for pants

ewwww..what about when their back fat resembles reversed boobs?!?
there was a pic like that on the People of WalMart website...yucko
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:27:22 AM
muffin tops are nasty.....a little bit of love handles is one thing...but muffin tops...

yikes...

i imagine the smell is awful too... eewwwww
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/22/2011 7:21:58 PM

So it's not always cause it's tight pants..

right, its never actually the tight pants...

100 % agree with you...

it is the fact that the woman actually is fat and overweight, yet the way her fat is porportioned, she has more of it in her immediate belly/lower back than in her lower hips/thighs...

No doubt she has a muffin top naked as well.

just like men have a solar panel for a sex machine...chicks have muffin tops.
 forums1
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:12:42 AM
Solar panel??? That's new!

Nah, I've got a t-shirt from 20 years ago still that has that on it... "Its not a bald spot... its a solar panel for a sex machine!" (I don't wear it much... summer picnics maybe).
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/24/2011 8:07:37 AM
Argh. Low riding pants and tight or short tops are the bane of today's woman.

ONLY VERY SKINNY women can wear these pants and look good. Women like to wear them because of the "Scrotum" standard: for decades, fat men have worn pants that barely cover their equipment and brag about their "waist" size, ignoring the mountain of fat hanging over their belts. Now, women are doing the same thing: women with proportionately small hips to stomach/waist can get into a size smaller pants. This is the equivalent of a combover.

I have seen overweight and even average women wearing low riders and obviously not realizing that they look several months pregnant (when they are not). I do not think that these women have a full length mirror and/or do not know how to check out their backsides before they leave the house.

Or maybe they just don't care.

Women and men need to wear pants that fit, and women who wear hip hugging pants look better wearing a long shirt or tunic.

Of course, it is none of my business if women want to wear clothes that are unflattering.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/24/2011 1:25:19 PM
Before we get too deep into dissing women about the clothes that they wear, I did (and want to point out again) that men make VERY bad wardrobe choices, as well. I see guys who look 12 months pregnant wear pants that (again) barely cover their equipment and are also wearing a short, tight t-shirt that leaves the bottom of the belly exposed.

"Gross" is the only word for it.

Men also have "fat boobes" on their chests AND their backs which they don't mind flaunting by wearing NO shirt. The A type shirt with the big cut-out sleeves also do not leave enough to the imagination--not that I would ever willing imagine the sights I have seen in that department.

Perhaps the worst: obese guys in overalls with NO shirt underneath.
 MikeWM
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2011 1:39:18 PM
After reading what a muffin top actually is I would say yes, I do thing its a funny label to be honest

Cant say I would find it attractive in the slightest though

On the bright side though, I had spent the last 1o years or so thinking it was actually some kind of clothing I wasnt aware of

So once I know wtf mules and halter tops are I'll be all sorted
 MandyLOVESCandy
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:27:11 AM

"Gross" is the only word for it.

Men also have "fat boobes" on their chests AND their backs which they don't mind flaunting by wearing NO shirt. The A type shirt with the big cut-out sleeves also do not leave enough to the imagination--not that I would ever willing imagine the sights I have seen in that department.

Perhaps the worst: obese guys in overalls with NO shirt underneath.

indeed. many guys (including a # of POF posters ) should wear a bra to hold their big fat man-boobs in check
On "Seinfeld" they had the idea of man -bras (the "bro") -as a joke, but in reality many men could really use one.

~M~
 femaleconnection
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/25/2011 1:55:26 PM
Yup, even a thinner person can have a muffin top if she is wearing the wrong sized pants.

People really need to dress for thier size and not squish into clothes that dont fit properly and the muffin top will go away.

I know a few larger ladies and they have never sported a muffin top, thier pants fit them perfectly. They arent hung up on being a certain size.
 MikeWM
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 2:04:27 PM
Squishing into undersized garments is excellent for camel toes though
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/25/2011 6:13:14 PM

I find it amazing that the harshest comments came from men who look like crap LOL and obese crap at that

It is amazing--even after decades of hearing such men say such things.

indeed. many guys (including a # of POF posters ) should wear a bra to hold their big fat man-boobs in check
On "Seinfeld" they had the idea of man -bras (the "bro") -as a joke, but in reality many men could really use one.

Yes!

What's worse is that they get a movement of women to tell them they are still beautiful and that they need not change. Unbelievable. Usually when a guy is fat, he knows he's fat and is not given false encouragement. I'm
Not saying the girl is ugly, but in no way shape or form am I going to tolerate it. Nor give in. Reminds me of one time at a club, this club and this rather chubby girl was very forward. She even did a twirl and looked for my approval. I just shook my head.

Some obese men don't need a "movement"--they are delusional about how good they look even without someone making up a euphemism such as "BBW." I have seen fat men take their shirts off and parade around as if they expect lustful women to jump them any minute.

Fortunately, I keep in good shape and don't have to worry about these things. Unfortunately, I attract these types of women who keep eating junk food, don't even wish to walk and then expect men to be all over them.

If these unacceptable women are inundating you, there must be a reason, eh? Perhaps they think that the good-looking thin women don't want you, giving them an opening.

No one expects you to "tolerate" anything, just as rational, self-respecting women won't tolerate a man who uses the denigrating phrase "douche bag."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/25/2011 7:25:47 PM

Now I haven't lived all my life nor been everywhere, but from my experience I've seen men look at their fat as amusement. They're the jolly ones to do anything for a laugh.

You are right: you have not lived much of life, have not been everywhere, and your experience is merely your limited experience. However, your next claim is not clear: if you think that fat men are jolly and they only look at their fat as "amusement," I have no idea with whom you have been consorting. Fat men live short lives and have a harder time attracting women. They get gastric bypasses and try strange diets in order to lose weight.

However, if you are saying that men look at fat women as "amusement" and think that fat women will do anything for a laugh, you are truly delusional. I am fat, and I wouldn't stoop to make a man laugh at my expense.

Ladies on other hand have more pride in their appearance.

I have a LOT of pride in my appearance--but I am a woman, not lady. At the same time, being fat does not exclude a female from a "lady."

To be fair the BBW movement was started by men.

Prithee, please tell me the men who started it. From over 20 years ago, I remember a magazine called BBW with articles written by women for women.

You have to admit more men are into bigger women than the other way around. Delude yourself if you disagree.

What does this have to do with anything?

I think the girl was expecting me to give in. Alot of other men might have. Ivr been hit on by all types of women and I carry myself well, so I doubt women hit on me because they think my well is dry.

I am old AND fat, and I bet that I am hit on by as many men as you are women.
 christyis4real
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/25/2011 7:34:05 PM

I find it amazing that the harshest comments came from men who look like crap LOL and obese crap at that

I wouldn't be THAT mean, but I somewhat agree with you lol
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 101
Posted: 11/25/2011 7:55:01 PM

However you find the term lady offensive. I guess delusion is not on my behalf.

No, I find the term "douche bag" offensive. As for "lady," it is a word most often used by men when they want to delineate between "classes" of women. You used it in that context yourself, explaining that "ladies" care about the way that they look. Obviously, a lady would not be caught sporting pants that would cause a muffin top.

It has to do with a lot because it furthers my point on how women expect us men to accept t. I have yet to hear the acceptance for te bigger males.

Au contraire, women do not "expect" men to accept fat women as being attractive. Men have used the same type of euphemisms as "BBW" for quite a long time. I have heard fat men refer to themselves as "husky" or explain that they have big frames. When I look at profiles of men, I see many very overweight men refer to themselves as "average" and obese men called themselves "a few extra pounds." One sex does not have a monopoly on delusions.

If you have never been obese, you have no idea how an obese person feels. While I am overweight now, I have been obese--250 pounds worth.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 102
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:20:48 AM
Yes, I have heard of the term muffin top. These occur when trying to fit into a pair of pants that are too small, having your belly fat spill out over the place. Solution is to buy a bigger pair of pants that fit correctly, or to look in a mirror before you leave the house. A muffin top is not atttractive.
 platypus_man
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 3:31:05 AM
Dolly419 wrote:

I think its a matter of health. I cant date someone who might drop dead from a hear attack at any moment. Have you ever seen any extremely over weight old people? No cause they all die young! I want to be with someone who is gonna be around for a while! I know everyone is going to die and it could be any day of any life, but you have a better chance of growing old together if you are at a healthy weight!

Ummm.... so, what's a 'healthy weight? Are you of 'a healthy weight'? Just curious.
Oh, and most people coming to the hospital having heart attacks are of average weight. Even Jim Fix, the runner who was in very good shape, died of a sudden heart attack at 52. So good luck on finding someone who will live forever for you by just going on their build. Oh, BTW, there are lots of elderly people who are WAY above their ideal weight.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 4:31:16 AM

Solution is to buy a bigger pair of pants that fit correctly, or to look in a mirror before you leave the house. A muffin top is not atttractive.

I agree completely, however, I notice that people apparently don't have mirrors nowadays, or they consult blind people.

Stuffing 280 pounds of woman, into a tight, stretchy (a whole lot of stretchy), dress, making her look like the Michelin Man, before heading to the 'club', is something that happens regularly here in the South.
 mrcs84
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:40:21 AM
I would be sitting on the -not- sexy side, as far as muffin tops. They fall under the same category as fat women with belly button rings.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/28/2011 2:08:51 PM

And then women saying that muffin tops aren`t neccessarily from fatties.

Thats because with low riding jeans being in vogue, you can be a size 6 (like me) and if you dont try on the jeans before leaving the store, you can end up having a muffin top. Im in good shape, never been chubby a day in my life and if I wear low riding jeans that dont fit properly, I even appear like the muffin top. As you can see, Im far from fat.

Every manufacturer has thier own size template, and I learned a long time ago to leave my ego at the door when buying clothes. I have jeans that say size 28, size 30, size 3, size 4, and size 6. They all fit me perfectly, and had I just selected on a size number, they would not have.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/28/2011 2:14:16 PM

I can't argue with this ^^as I no longer date men with big guts. The idea of having sex with that makes me gag. A small amount of fat is ok a big gut is gross.

Awomen to that.

And then women saying that muffin tops aren`t neccessarily from fatties.

They aren't--I have seen average weight women with muffin tops because they simply wear pants that are low and too small.

I have also seen fat women who have no muffin top because they wear clothes that fit.

so this thread has become more or less guys saying its gross on women, which actually was the intent of the thread.

Oh, you mean it was intended to be a woman bashing thread? Turnabout is fair play, eh?
 Pingshooter
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2011 5:50:03 PM

this whole topic started out as someome sayinf they had just head about the term muffin top lol and then it turned into a nasty free for all

For the record, I love muffins. And, for the record, the way some people dress is .. "unique", thus my earlier comment.

This is no 'free for all'..the last one I was in, left me with 6 stitches in my lower lip..and I was trying to break the damn thing up.. (it was the perfect time for a sucker punch..and I was the sucker..sigh)
 cooldog65
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:24:38 PM
To answer the thread title: Muffin Tops...Sexy? No! Just plain wrong? Yes!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >