Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ai81
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
****ing love them. Julian is the man. Trailer Park boys is great, because you can always identify at least one friend that fits all the characters. It's much like swingers in that way.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 21
Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?
Posted: 11/6/2005 6:33:33 AM
Like the old saying goes,... there is no accounting for taste. heh heh
 rocknrollmunkey
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/5/2006 9:59:18 AM
"I try to be a role model for kids around the park. If some kid wants to grow dope, they can come talk to me, instead of growing dope 6 or 7 times through denial and error, they're going to get it right the first time and have some good dope."
 rocknrollmunkey
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/5/2006 1:07:56 PM
For a few pints of Lucky Lager I'll make you a status card...

*off to warm up the photocopier*
 Canada75
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:27:07 PM
That show is friggin hilarious. I love Ricky! He is some dumb it makes me laugh. I love all the characters. I just wish they made more episodes as the season is so short.
 whopper
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/5/2006 11:06:02 PM
IF they made a show like that about asians or some other foreigners there would be riots in the street. I dont find it amusing at all. It illustrates the level of hatred towards whites in canada.
 whopper
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/6/2006 2:05:47 AM
I get the humour but it is very insidious. It is causing people to disrespect white people including our own children. Lets have a show that makes fun of asians or jews . They have all the good jobs. Time to level the playing field.
 Canada75
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/6/2006 5:20:44 PM
There are many ways you can look at things whopper, and you seem to choose a negative view point. This show isn't making fun of white people, most of the characters happen to be white. There are a few black characters, gay characters, asians and so on. It's just a show, that's all it is. Have you ever watched South Park? That show makes fun of Jewish people all the time, I don't see any riots breaking out because of it. Just don't watch it man, that's all you need to do.
 cdnchicky
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/11/2006 3:20:03 PM
Personally I love em. But they are an aquired taste. I dont condone smoking, drinking, swearing and all the other stuff on the show. but I think that is what the show is all about .... is that crap like that just doesnt pay off. It was never meant to be a life lesson, just a bunch of guys that want to be a little different. You have to watch the series from the beginning get to know the characters and eventually you just might learn to appreciate the humour.
 get REEL
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/2/2006 11:47:12 PM
I like to blow bubbles
 canadianredneck
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/4/2006 7:52:43 PM
I'm really suprised they haven't started one called Trailer park Whores and how they crack out and help wreck the already f*cked up neighborhood. They could have the trailer park trash on as guest stars! You could see Bubbles being in love with one! Its no worse than alot of the cr*p on tv nowadays. Some people are hooked on a cartoon show with a dirty mouthed bald guy for a star. Different strokes for different folks.
 tracyiscute
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/27/2006 5:41:25 PM
Love them....awesome!!!
great canadian show !!!
just my two cents
 hywman3p
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2007 9:15:09 PM
Canada goes to the manure Pile!!What a crock of dung.From my point of view,the people who put this together should be shot with a ball of there own!!!TOTAL WAST of space.
 deadcandance
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 12:27:33 PM
I love this show. It is a breath of fresh air. I was at the Toronto Airport just on Feb. 14th./07 and I saw Ricky, Julian and Bubbles standing in a short boarding line heading to Halifax. I couldn't believe it. Don't ask me why but I actually walked up to them and (I can't believe I did this until afterwards) but I slapped Julian on the shoulder just like they were a long lost friend, and I said "Hey Guys, How the hell are ya?" I felt like I really knew them...lol. I shook their hands and they said hey , how's it going? It was a cool moment of starstruck for me being the fan I am. They all looked pretty much just like in character except Bubbles didn't have his glasses on and who can blame him. Those things must give him such a headache. Probably not good for the eyes over the long term either.
Anyway, it was awesome seeing them their in line and I doubt anyone else there knew who they were.
They rock!
 musicnut46
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/23/2007 2:38:23 PM
It be the stupidest most senseless crap ever put on t.v.Thier first live show they should of been hauled off to jail,permanently. Bring back Happy Days anyday. Better yet,if their american,draft 'em and send 'em to Iraq and stick 'em on the front Lines. They be totaly assisine. Too good for even welfare. Can't believe kids watch that shit. No wonder they be brain-dead.
 deadcandance
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:37:29 AM
I think they are a breath of fresh air.....not that I condone drugs or alcoholics, but it is fun to watch.... I actually (except for the dope) lived a bit of this kind of lifestyle in my teen days in the small town I grew up in. We were a wild bunch and certainly did the driving our cars without doors or hoods or roofs for that matter, tearing through town with our beers in hand then whipping through the ditch to fly down a bumpy field or two. Yes for all you MADD supporters, I am not saying that was right or whatever, but back in the 70's and 80's, this was commonplace and truthfully, I never heard of any serious accidents in my young days as there was near the late 80's and into the 90's when the Drunk Driving was really cracked down on. Instead I heard more frequently of whole carloads of kids dying in accidents cause the trend was then for one designated driver to load the car up with their inebriated friends then the downside was, this driver was still not exempt from driving like a nitwit but in their case, when there was an accident, a whole carload suffered as opposed to just one or two as was the norm a decade earlier.
Anyway I strayed off here.
I wanted to say that it was really cool, Last Feb/2007 I was actually heading to a trade show in Edmonton and while in the standby line at Gate 122 1 day before valentines day, , I look over to my left and there was Ricky, Bubbles and Julian waiting to hop on a plane to Nova Scotia. I could tell that virtually no one recognized them so I set my bag down and walked over and , I don't know why but I tapped Julian on the shoulder as if he was my best friend...lol I said hey guys , how the hell are ya? I spotted you guys from a mile away. And I shook each of their hands. I then said take it easy guys and walked away. That was cool I was thinking. Julian had a tight black T shirt on (No Glass of Rye lol), Ricky had a funky Grey with green stripes tattered kind of pullover on and yes his hair and clothes looked just as he does on the show, Bubbles was the only guy that was harder to recognize without his glasses on. Of course I can understand why he wouldn't be wearing those things all the time. He had said once that he has almost chronic headaches through the whole season they are shooting and only for 2 or 3 months of the year he gets back to normal. I hope he is saving a good chunk of money for eye operations after their final shoot cause man those glasses can't be any good for the long term health of your eyes. They were friendly, down to earth guys. I think they are great actors. Plain and simple.

P.S : To all those I offended at the first part of this post, sorry I guess but get over it. Don't get me started on the MADD agenda topic........ They have done great stuff but there is a point when enough is enough. .thats all I will say.

Cheers all.
 Fishfancy
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:09:49 AM
Love that show!!!!
I have a fish tank with gold fish and have named them after the Boys in the Trailer Park.
Bubbles is my favorite character...the fish named bubbles has big googly eyes that are foward facing....looks just like him:)
Julian is black and tough...the fish I mean:)
and so on....

Makes me laugh ...and would very much like a piece of that driveway
 Xavery
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/2/2009 2:51:46 PM
I am not sure what I think of them since I only watched the show for about 10 minutes once. I have to admit there is definitely some humour there. I like the guys who go around drinking out of a full wine bottle in broad daylight.
 Xavery
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:55:03 PM
^Perhaps that is what makes it funny. These people are doing the unthinkable. Even though I did see some humour in, I will not become a regular viewer, but I wouldn't mind watching an entire episode. I have a feeling I would conclude it is stupid after a while, but I could be wrong.
 Xavery
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/2/2009 5:23:44 PM
Well, you know there is always one poster in the crowd who will disagree. I think the producers, writers and makers of Trailer Park Boys are exceptionally intelligent and creative. I do not think you can rank shows in terms of intelligence. It the show last several seasons, the producers are doing something right and someone is finding it entertaining.

Some of the most brilliant and witty people I know are huge fans of the Simpsons.

I don't really go for cartoons like Road Runner and so on. It bugs me that the Road Runner or Coyote keep getting killed and then coming back for the next episode.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:34:55 PM
Absolutely....and thoroughly confused by it all!!!!!!!!!!! lol....
Damn...normally Canadian shows can be classified as quirky, cute...funny as all hell....but TPB... well... rude, crude....and what the hell is with the Pot Belly Shirtless Dude?....that is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong on sooooooo many levels.

I only just started to watch it cos a guy I was sorta seeing ...well he claims to be Julian...and he does indeedy live in a trailer park.... I will not disclose the location..but it is not the one in West Vancouver!

anyhow... this trailer park he is living in is pretty close to a zoo like the one in the show and has its weird cast of characters.

so... I find it moderately entertaining .... can't say I hate it.
Can anything this crazy really be Canadian eh?
 Fishfancy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 10:09:49 AM
lmao...I use my PVR to record TPB episodes...for some reason I use them to unwind....take a break from reality...and view things like Ricky, Julian and Bubbles....life is about getting drunk, stoned, growing dope, and hatching the next hair brained scheme. Take it for what it is...Entertainment...an escape....isn't that one of the reasons we watch tv??

I think its a brilliant correlation between real life and downright craziness....I do have an issue in having to look at Randys bare hairy fat belly....I think Phil Collins is worse...Julians Hawt and J Roc is Hilarious....I may have posted here before...but I have to stand up and say "Hell Ya"" to the Trailer Park Boys...Hats off well done guys
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/16/2009 11:07:11 AM
Gotta love em... Canadiana

Matter of fact, been told I remind somebody of a particular "rum & Coke" drinker on the show. Trouble is, I wonder if that is compliment...
 mrchicken
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:56:19 AM
Gotta love them guys

It's Canadian eh!
These guys are underdogs; things only work-out for them when they all hang together.
Characters are uneducated and all have personal quirks, but they also have very human qualities pro and con, when they are tolerant of each other and hang together everything works out.
I think people take everything a little to seriously, they hear a few base comments and write the whole thing off without giving it a chance,I often do the same thing myself if I am not imediately entertained, or the content is not my cup of tea. But hey "The Boys" are great in my book. It's entertainment, it contains a message, and damn it anyways, its Canadian! What more can you ask for?
 Xavery
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/22/2009 8:24:08 PM
. . . saw them again and all I can say is that I am falling in love with them. They are everything that I am not and everything that I am, but mostly what I am not and more what I know I should never be. They are like Star Trekians exploring new frontiers, which I hope I will stay the Hell away from.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Trailer Park Boys Love Them or Hate Them?