Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?Page 2 of 57    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Give me a pic and the Cliff's notes ... we're talking about men here. That's what makes no sense to me about the profiles of most women. They write the profiles they would like to see, not the ones that will be effective.

Think about this for a second, ladies. How many times have you ever seen a man read an owner's manual for anything? How many times do they put together something requiring "some assembly" and have parts left over? Do you think we read beyond the first couple of words? My suggestion is this: Keep it simple. Use bullet points, each point summarized in five words or less, on your likes/dislikes. Men will read that. Sheesh, some of you have "War and Peace" as your profile.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 27
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:45:33 AM
too funny, Yammmmie

I cant believe they actually think we are going to read their profiles As if they think we really want to understand them or something. Of course, a dude has to have a very good one to get email, because women DO read them.
 arri
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:47:02 AM
Sheesh, some of you have "War and Peace" as your profile.

This point needs a re-enforcement
 YamIhere
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:51:59 AM
LOL ... yeah, by the time you finish readin three profiles you'll have to refine the age range on your search to accommodate the time that has passed.
 arri
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/5/2005 9:59:08 AM
Just a nice flirty 3 line intro to tell people who you are and avoid making it into a job wanted ad.
Show the softer side of yourselves.

And Please .. No clichés and avoid phrases such as:
“If you are a player, cheat and liar don’t bother contacting me”
 bucsgirl
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:02:36 AM
I too got tired of the well, I'm blah blah blah canned crap. So I started doing something funny, then funnier then BLAM. Psycho profile, totally off the wall whacked out. Balls to the wall nutcase. You would NOT believe the emails I got, lots were that' funniest thing I've ever seen, but there was TONS of interest, many out of state or country. Seems men really go wild over a sense of humor. I had a total blast with it and if I posted some of my back and forth psycho toying around only for FUN, back and forth emails you'd all be in stitches. Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. So go for it, be creative, I've prompted a few others to just let loose. Geez, there's thousands of Pollyanna, Miss Perfect, Miss Success, I am Woman Hear Me Purr profiles. Do something different, if you don't like it change it back, but play with your profile and have some darned FUN!!! This isn't meant to be harsh or critical of you that have "real" profiles up and I know believe me, I do, how much time and effort you spend on them. But if it's not working, just dare to try something different, show your creative side, or funny one if you have it. Look at it this way, your profile has to stand out and be noticed among thousands, so there has to be some "draw" otherwise it's just the pics that get noticed.
 sddude
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:06:02 AM
I used to read them whenb I was sending e-mails to women , to ALL women in my local area , hundreds , always wrote a paragraph about things wqe had in common and what I liked in the profile, after 6 months of no responses , I found out that I was probably never going to get to know anyone for a date on here , so I now look at the pics, write the same intro of myself and move on , I wish there was an automatic program that can do that for me , maybe lightening would stricke and I would win the lottery -

Now why on earth would I want to read your whole profile , if all I want is a pleasant person of the female gender , very open and not picky , even if you were into human sacrifice ....
 OnTheBus
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:11:58 AM
too funny really Men are easy to please, all women have to do is agree with us and look pretty while doing it
 asat1991
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:36:04 AM
Some of us do im sure. I do But you gotta admit some of the pictures some of the women put in their profiles theres no need to read. I HAVE SEEN SOME PICS women slighty bent over with low cut shirt. BELIEVE ME there gonna get responce and it will be from people that are not going to read. I think you should post a pic of somekind and share more latter. i think you have to have a pysical attraction as well as mental
 Douglajl
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:47:58 AM

I am guilty of ignoring the long written, novel type profiles. As a normal practice, I skim over most profiles because I put little faith in the accuracy of content. If you read all the profiles in here, 90% of the POF members should be married because they are angels and perfect mates.

A profile is a marketing scheme to me... your selling the sizzle, not the steak. The forums and chat give a more accurate idea of the person you're chatting with (but not always).

eh, I'm kinda the same, I skim the profiles looking for red flags, but as for anything detailed, I ignore them.

Honestly, how do you define the "ONE" or "Prince Charming" or whatever it is most of the women are looking for here.

As for interests, well generally I find them to be bull, just fluff put out there to make themselves to sound interesting. Just becouse you went camping once 4 years ago doesn't make it an interest. If you do it monthly or at lest bi-monthly I can see it.

Of course then theres the profiles that don't even have interests, they just list stupid crap like "Having Fun" as the sum of your interests.

So, I look for a pretty face, look at the stats they listed as for religion, drugs and whatnot and proceed from there.

Although, if they do have Music listed as an interest, I debate on whether to contact them or not (usually not), in my experiance women who are that interested in music just annoy me. I like music and all, but going out of my way to see live bands at bars or driving to other city's to see no name bands play isn't my idea of a good time. I download it, jam to it, appreciate it and move on. I don't need to know what intruments were used, what technique they used or think that the song writer is a poet becouse he can string a chorus together.

ok, sorry for the rant there but you know.......
 HB2
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/5/2005 10:49:44 AM
I'm still waiting for anyone to notice the major change I made to mine...
ROTFPMSLMFAO
 Wikster
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:01:51 AM
"Why do you email anyway?"

I noticed that some people are good about updating their profiles as too their status or current situation. Then others could care less and will probably never change what they have in there. Things are in constant motion and change is inevitable, as it is with people. How would I ever know that something had changed with someone unless I ask or at least inquire? Should I just ass-u-me that everything is concrete?

Wikster
 HB2
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:04:17 AM
If the profile hasn't changed in 6 months then to me that shows the person is probably stagnating or just doesn't really give a damn...
 bugsybears
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:22:25 AM
i always read over a profile before i comment on a post. it gives me a snapshot of the person i am dealing with. there have been some posts that i do not comment on after i have read their profiles. some do give me the idea of why bother. so for those that wonder if their profile even means anything. yes it does, to some.
 HB2
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:25:23 AM
I wonder how many read them after the first time of all those claiming to read them at all...
 articnorth
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:40:35 AM
A pic is worth a thousand words. I like to enlarge pic to look for fraud or manipulation.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:46:59 AM
oh my goodnessssssss

wellllllllllllllllllll

I see I am alone for the most part on the whole reading the profile thingy
 Tinkle
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/5/2005 11:58:43 AM
I even read profiles of people i don't e-mail heh. Not every single word of every single one. Some of them are boring. Everyone I have sent a e-mail to that wasn't forum related I've read their profiles, more than once, and those that are forum related, I have read most.

I hear a lot about guys not reading girl's profiles. *Some* have a canned e-mail I hear that they just shoot out at anyone that they want. Maybe 1 out of a 100 ladies will respond to them. Funny in a sad way.
 XM46
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/5/2005 1:50:06 PM
Of course we read your whole profile...............looking for that line that says you have sex on the first date.
 J to the D
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/5/2005 2:30:25 PM
Just curious. Do you guys read our whole profiles
Pssss, that's just crazy talk of course we don't read the profiles.... I mean look at it this way - I have a generic email that I have saved in a word file on my PC, every night I cut and paste that generic email to at least 50 women, can you imagine how much more time it would take for me to actually read the profile!!! I mean think of it as a production line with 4 operations (1) I click on a profile (2) I copy and paste my generic email (3) I send it (4) I wait for the return emails to come a floodin' in...If I added another operation that would reduce my efficiency/productivity

Do you think that you're the one that's going to change my mind on what i'm looking for?.
Ummmm, heck yeah I do!!!!!!

Ok, is that all cleared up now!!!???!!!
 HB2
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/5/2005 2:32:12 PM
MMMMBaby must think I'm insane...rotf
 HB2
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/5/2005 3:04:26 PM
I've run a "test" of sorts for awhile now and nobody...NOBODY...has picked up on it...

You don't even have to read half of the profile to find it...
 picker_grinner
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/5/2005 3:47:49 PM
Site’s fine just like it is… pictures, b*tching, breast shots and all... lol

If I’m interested I will read every word of a profile, and between the lines too…often… and every forum post (if possible...:)
 bugsybears
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/5/2005 4:07:20 PM
well reading the profile doesn't tell you everything about the person, but it is a good place to start
 picker_grinner
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/5/2005 5:06:47 PM
good place to finish too, I guess
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?