Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HB2
Msg: 51
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?Page 3 of 57    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I made a HUGE change that nobody caught onto...

*u have mail*
 Fractalwater
Msg: 52
Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?
Posted: 11/5/2005 5:31:43 PM
I stop reading profiles if I see typos, or "U" in place for "You". Anything about an ex still being around, or partying.
 §Vixen§
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/5/2005 5:37:33 PM
The women in this site that are looking for anything more than a superficial guy that wants a good boob shot and a quick lay are pretty much out of luck. These were pretty much the responses I thought I'd get from the men here. (some were kind) I have the decency to email someone back and say thank you. A lot of you guys are too spineless to even let someone know that "hey sorry, but I'm looking for something else". You b**** and carry on until you can call or get a pic out and then you don't even bother to thank the person for responding. Grow some spines in here boys and do what your mom taught you to. Be courteous!
Vixen
 yourfuturelove
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/5/2005 5:51:00 PM
I think most of us do, at least initially. Here's the thing, I find it hard to believe that someone can capture all that they are, all that they hope and dream for, all that they have to offer in a text written profile. Also, you have to admit, some profiles are pretty... well..."different". Sometimes, it is hard to know if someone is just being playful or not. So the way I look at it is you try to look for something, at least one thing, that you may have in common, or something that you find interesting as a starting point, as long as you don't find any deal killers in the profile and then initiate contact to see where things go from there.

The profile is the tip of the iceburg, and like a box of chocolates - you can't get the whole picture from the tip showing in the profile, and when you dig deaper into the box of chocolates you just never know what you are going to get.. Our lives, our hopes, our dreams are a whole lot more complicated than the simple view presented in the profile.

Also consider this, we all know that sometimes we say one thing, and mean another now don't we? And sometimes we don't really know what we want, but think that we do? If this doesn't apply to you, then consider me envious.. ;-)

LR
 HB2
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/5/2005 5:58:59 PM
Why should they when we peek at the package and forget the rest?
 xWolfSpiritx
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:19:26 PM
^^^...package...lmao

I read until I start seeing:

I deserve
I need
I want

Then it's off to the next profile
 HB2
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:22:19 PM
I don't have a choice because my voices write my profile....
 dwkzr
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/5/2005 6:32:42 PM
While I can't say that I read everyones profile. The ones that I do read I read thoroughly, usually several times. I have found that most of them are cookie cutter profiles. Or hard to believe. And yes I guess I also suffer from this somewhat.
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/5/2005 7:10:26 PM
Well of course we do, for example: you live in a hard place and like bars on your right. You are divorced from reality or a realtor or something or other. We pay careful attention to such details as hair color and what makes you happiest. We are confidant we can change all womens minds and make them positively joyous at the very thought of being wenches to tend to our every desire. We are fascinated with every subtle nuance of your well crafted profile which you've put countless thoughtful hours in putting together. Saying you really don't want any married men will only serve to encourage them more. And age is relative can't we agree on at least that. Actually we are all each and everyone more wonderful than the last and we know you will be all too delighted to swim in our shameless self promotion. I couldn't be more clear on that. Oh did I mention we are all prone to falling in love at the most inopportune times.? Perhaps you should rephrase Whole profiles to Entire lest you cause further arousal.
Please excuse me, I read to I'm easy and began to drool.
 Douglajl
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/5/2005 7:39:15 PM
Tell ya what, let's compromise.

Us guys will start reading the entire profile and giving it proper consideration if the women will start actually responding to emails whether it be positive or negative, that way us guys might get an idea as to why were batting such a crappy score.
 Douglajl
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/5/2005 7:58:58 PM
Well, for the most part, I stopped messaging the match's proposed by the website. Tonight was the first I've seriously sent one out, and as of yet, it's read but haven't got a word of rejection or acceptance
 am70sguy
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:18:23 AM
I guess these guys must have a real reading comprension problem. The only thing the OP's profile says is that you have more in common with younger mature men. (hmmm, kind of an oxymoron, but ok!). So I guess I don't undestand how they can get too far away from the interests.

I read the whole profile, there isn't much sense in writing somebody if there isn't something in their profile of interest.
 Steiner999
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:50:08 AM
Oh Come on!!!! I'm a guy and i read all things on a profile, unless its long and then i just forget about the person. anyways... Please dont be so sexist!!! you cant clump all guys into being idiots or whatever, thats like saying all jewish people are selfish, money grabbing mongrels. Lets not be biggots here, i mean express your opinion but dont bias it to a point where your ripping on such a huge group of people. I'ld like to say grow up, but your old enough to be better than this judgemental bullshiit!!
 Steiner999
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:51:08 AM
hell ya!!! more power to this statement for sure!!!
 jblidner
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:56:43 AM
I read as long as I'm interested. If I finish the entire profile and I'm still interested, I send you a letter. If it starts to sound too much like an unoriginal piece of trash, or I loose interest based on something I read, i stop reading and don't write. I take information in the profile to start the conversation since you took the time to write it. I'll read your forum posts. I;ll comment on them also if their applicable and I can say something positive. I
focus on the details about you. We are just trying to get to know each other aren't we? If I've written you, assume I've read everything you've written on this site before deciding to send that letter.

I'll say this however; a lot of profiles are horrible reads that cause me to not send the letter. give me some ammo to write with, but not your whole life story...I'll wait for the movie to comee out.

Oh and if there is something specifically that eliminates me, I may write you anyway... Why should you miss out on a great guy like me because I'm a year older/younger than what you are looking for or 2" too short per your profile. If after conversing with me once, my (age, height, etc) is enough to deter you from speaking with me agian, you're too shallow for me anyways.
 Steiner999
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 12:58:31 AM
good point god damnit!!!
 §Vixen§
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:32:16 AM
I've met a lot younger men than some of you on here that are a LOT more mature from what I can tell from these responses I've gotten. I'm sorry my profile wasn't up to your standards WorstGuy. Yours is really great!
Vixen
 OnTheBus
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:32:23 AM
So what, Blue eyed, you are cute as a button
 YamIhere
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:37:05 AM
Blu,
Here's how the typical guy reads your profile:
*click*
Hmmmm ... blu-eyed something or other
Wow, she's hot
*click --->"contact me now"*
[type, type, type]
*click ---> "send now"*
Done

I would venture to guess 90% of the guys not only don't read your profile, they don't even read how old you are, where you live, or if you're even single.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:44:13 AM
EXACTLY

When I approach a gal I see in public, it isnt because of some profile she has tatooed onto her arm, it is because I am ATTRACTED
 arri
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/6/2005 7:50:30 AM
Vixen .. when you start your profile saying I want to meet younger men, do you think any of us with some brains would bother to write you?
 YamIhere
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 8:05:34 AM
Well, Blu, waddya expect? like OTB said, if you're approached by a guy IRL, why do you think that is? Most likely because he thinks you have a cute butt
 arri
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/6/2005 8:07:36 AM
I second that .. really great butt
 YamIhere
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2005 8:09:47 AM
Well, think about it - he may come to appreciate her for her personality and/or intellect. But unless he's listening into her conversations with some kind of listening device, he can only make his first move based on attraction. Additionally, if a guy were listening into a woman's conversation with some kind of super double secret listening device, that would be downright creepy!
 OnTheBus
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/6/2005 8:13:35 AM
I look to see where they live

And I shake my head and say, wow, how nice of them to email me and flatter me so. If they are willing to travel I will clean my house before they get here
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do You Men Read Our Whole Profiles?